Flowers delivered? or Floral arrangement via HAL?

Euby

I'm thinking of getting some flowers 🌻 for my cabin.  Very few of the floral arrangements on the HAL site appeal to me.  Is it possible to arrange for flowers to be delivered to the ship instead?  Has anyone done this or received flowers from off-ship?

5 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Just bring them on yourself!

With security around ports I doubt that a flower delivery would be possible.

This! Or wait until you are on board if you want to order - there are usually lots more choices on board than what you see on line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The arrangements are better than the photos and for the quality one of the best  bargains.  I second Kazu’s suggestion with the caution that supply chain issues may prevent onboard fulfillment.  If you order beforehand you will get them and they will last at a week.

• Like 4

I like getting flowers for the room via HAL. I get the Anniversary package—flowers and photo credit. They have been very good quality in my experience. But I also carried on flowers in Hawaii, so that’s an easy option, too. Delivery to the pier on a stop should work if you call the florist directly. I wouldn’t try it at one of the huge departure ports. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Euby said:

Very few of the floral arrangements on the HAL site appeal to me. 

I would recommend picking the HAL arrangement you dislike the least, and not worrying about having FTD deliver. I'm going to surprise my DH with a Pippa arrangement (his favorite cut-flower is carnation) for our anniversary in Dec.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

There use to be a binder at the Front Desk with lots of floral arrangements one could order.  Does this still exist?  I love the flowers on HAL for my cabin.  They're so fresh and last so long.

It does but due to the ver present supply side shortages they may not have flowers to fulfill the order and/or staff to create the arrangements 

I have bought the same HAL multiple flower arrangement many times and it has never looked the same in floral selection or even size as the florist seem to use the best seasonal selection for these types of arrangements. I prefer this honestly as they are always fresh, large and really lovely. Here is the one I got onboard yesterday. 

16641111544326872497364818411664.jpg

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 7

Every HAL arrangement I have bought from them in advance has been lovely. It may not look like the one on the website because those flowers may not be available, but the florists always do a great job. If I am on a 14 day or longer cruise, i will pick a second arrangement from the book onboard. I have never had a bad experience and so much easier than bringing flowers on board IMO.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2022 at 12:13 AM, faerievert said:

like getting flowers for the room via HAL. I get the Anniversary package—flowers and photo credit. They have been very good quality in my experience. But I also carried on flowers in Hawaii, so that’s an easy option, too. Delivery to the pier on a stop should work if you call the florist directly. I wouldn’t try it at one of the huge departure ports. 

True and I hope that it's not a problem at all. A lot of global services like Interflora or MyExpressFlowers make everything is possible. I used their services many times when my wife was traveling. The main thing is that everything should be aligned in time

Edited by FrankMCG

Lately there have been more and more posts from cruisers with Holland America that when they tried to bring fresh flowers on board ship they were disallowed to bring them on board . 

I have read that quite a few times now over the last few months that it is a new directive from head office  fleet wide that bringing any plant matter is no longer allowed and people had to leave their purchases on shore .

This is not our own experience but would like to hear again from people to whom this happened 

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Thanks 1

I sent some this cruise (10 day Southern Caribbean currently on Rotterdam) and they arrived beautiful and on time to relative’s cabin on embarkation day.

Ordered floral via HAL online 6 mos ahead of time. Very nice arrangement and I’m definitely a floral snob. 

5 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I went to the front desk, they showed me the book of arrangements, and then they called the florist who came to speak with me.

This question is becoming interesting to me because I have ordered floral arrangements for friends as well as for myself and my traveling companion in the past.  Always very pleased!  I wonder if this situation is becoming another of the inconsistencies that we are experiencing from one HAL cruise to another.  A report I read that on one person's cruise, the floral arrangements (what few there were) were in poor condition and had not been refreshed.  No florist aboard was the person's conclusion.  No orchids on the table in the Lido Restaurant.  Bouquets on the tables in the MDR have been long gone; maybe, a flower or two in a bowl with water in the middle of the table; nothing else in my recent experience.  

On 9/24/2022 at 4:58 PM, rkacruiser said:

The stateroom flowers that HAL provides are of the highest quality that I think is possible to obtain.  They are beautiful; they last far longer than a 7-10 day cruise.  Order in advance and you will be most pleased, I expect.  

Absolutely!  Been there, done this and it is really nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so I am reading this varies from ship to ship, cruise to cruise.  Any recent floral purchases from N Statendam?  How was it?  We have a bit of OBC to spend & thought that would be a nice way of spending it. I think I would just like an inexpensive mixed arrangement for our cabin.

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

Any recent floral purchases from N Statendam?  How was it?  We have a bit of OBC to spend & thought that would be a nice way of spending it. I think I would just like an inexpensive mixed arrangement for our cabin.

I ordered an arrangement for my cabin on the Nieuw Statendam in August. I was very pleased with the arrangement in terms of color, size, freshness, and how well they lasted. 
I had them on the low table by the TV, where they were out of the way, but easily seen from everywhere in the room. Such a nice way to treat myself! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1