The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 16th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I also think Dictionary Day and Learn A New Word day go hand in hand.  Does anyone else remember having to copy out a page from the dictionary because they were talking in class?  No?  Just me?  LOL  Of course we celebrate Global Cat Day every day in our house; Sochi wouldn't have it any other way.

1360444702_HerHighness.jpeg.075185381def8309f7409abf1b014ecc.jpeg

Well yesterday certainly raised my blood pressure for a while.  I was about to step into the shower when DH said "Ger, you'd better get over here and see this email."  I wasn't sure what was so important that he'd interrupt a shower, but I went.  Oh Lordy.  It was an email from KLM advising that our flight to Barcelona in advance of our trans-Atlantic had been cancelled due to "operational constraints".  Argh!  It said if we had booked it directly, we could contact them for a refund, or if we had used a TA, we would have to contact him/her.  Well we used Flight Ease, so I sent off an email to our lovely TA to see what could be done.  Her advice was that it was happening frequently, and to give Flight Ease 2 or 3 days to arrange new flights.  My concern is that we've paid for biz class seats and that there only might be econ or premium econ available at this late date.  We're leaving in 14 more sleeps . . .  I hope.

Because the temps have dropped (we're only going as high as +6C (42F)), and the fall winds have started, we've got a big mess in the yard from the trees.  DH and I will be heading outside as soon as it gets light out to deal with the leaves and small branches that have come down overnight.  I'll toss the branches into the green compost bin, while DH will blow the leaves together and mulch them as he has been doing for the past couple of days.  

I like today's menu suggestion, and may make it in the future, but would have to leave out the bleu cheese.  DH has made a request that is so easy, so it's going to be lemon garlic spaghetti with Italian sausage on our table for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, cheers to all who have something to celebrate.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

I never thought of pairing flank steak with grapes but I found many recipes. Flank steak is a cut of beef steak taken from the flank, which lies forward of the rear quarter of a cow. This cut of steak comes from the abdominal muscles of the animal, right behind its chest. As you’d expect from that muscle-y area, the meat can be somewhat chewier than other steaks. Because flank steak is quite lean, it can be a bit tough if not prepared and sliced properly. Marinating with a little acid, like lemon juice or vinegar, will help tenderize this cut of beef. Cooking until medium-rare and slicing against the grain are key to a tender result.

Ready in just 30 minutes, this herb marinated flank steak is cooked on the stovetop and topped with balsamic sautéed grapes and shallots and sprinkled with blue cheese. https://www.nutmegnanny.com/grape-blue-cheese-flank-steak/

This grape and blue cheese flank steak is the perfect romantic meal and it's ready in JUST 30 minutes! Herb marinated flank steak cooked on the stovetop and topped with balsamic sautéed grapes and shallots and sprinkled with blue cheese - what's not to love? 

This recipe is from Giada de Laurentiis cookbook called My Recipes for La Dolce Vita: steak, sautéed grapes and mushrooms in a brandy wine sauce.

https://myrecipereviews.com/2018/05/08/flank-steak-with-roasted-grapes-and-mushrooms/

Flank Steak with Mushroom

This steak is marinated in a paste with herbs and balsamic vinegar, quickly seared and then finished with the grapes in the oven. https://food52.com/recipes/13450-seared-and-pan-roasted-flank-steak-with-grapes

2e3c2e0a-49b4-4b17-8b18-5ec200745349--ph

In California, the fresh grape boom hit in 1839 when a former trapper from Kentucky, William Wolfskill, planted the state’s first table grape vineyard in the Mexican colonial pueblo now known as Los Angeles.   This recipe is from the Grapes from California website. https://www.grapesfromcalifornia.com/recipes/grilled-flank-steak-grapes-stilton/

grilled-flank-steak-with-grapes-and-stilton.jpg

This broiled flank steak is served with grapes and a delicious looking salad on the side. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/broiled-flank-steak-with-grilled-champagne-grapes-and-a-bitter-greens-and-blue-cheese-salad-1961524

1371597661035.jpeg

I love flank steak and a proper marinade is key.  My dad used to marinate it over night and it was great!  

Today is back to the Bay of Fundy to see it from the other side of the bay.  I have been wanting to visit the Bay of Fundy ever since I taught Earth Science back in the 80s.  I am indulging that interest on this trip.  

• Like 29

Just now, rafinmd said:

Making better progress than expected.  Part of it is an improvement in the weather forecast so I will stop at the grocery store after church rather than before.  A pretty chilly but otherwise nice day until probably after sunset.

Today’s care list:

Cruisin single’s step son with double cancer
Final days for kochkeffek’s friend Fran
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS

Marshhawk’s friend Sheri
Quartzite Cruiser DH numbness in legs
Damage from Ian and Fiona
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/17; last day in penthouse
Birthday week with sister for Seasick Sailor
Birthday week for SusieKIslandGirl
Heartgrove’s DGD Lily
Welcome home Oceansaway17 and GTVCRUISER
7 Days for Cruisin Single (American Star 10/23 to 10/30)
Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS  to 10/16)  Cruising-Along(11/5), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  MissG (Oosterdam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25), Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and Av8rix (Rotterdam  to 10/30)
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy, I was told Sabine has left the company. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

Good Sunday morning!  A beautiful but cool morning beginning with lots of gunshots from the lake to ring in the morning.  Poor ducks and geese.   @richwmnthank you for the Daily Report and Fleet Report.  I hope that you are enjoying your cruise!  I use Google for my dictionary these days and I don't even think the one I had survived the cull when I moved to Michigan.  I subscribe online to A Word A Day email.  Some of them are just plain weird and wouldn't qualify as a Scrabble play.   I miss my dear cats who passed in 2019 and 2021.  My Korat qualified as an International cat as she was a Sri Sawat breed that has only been in the US for 70 years after a few pairs were imported from Thailand.  Sri Sawat means good luck. My other was a Mackerel tabby pattern Maine Coon.  They were my touch stones after my DH passed away.    Today's flank steak I would love plain marinated with the liquid grape (wine) on the side.    The drink would be good minus the mint and the vino looks like a real winner.  Wish Costco carried it.  I look forward to the pics of the Christchurch port.   

Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine and those bearing with the pain of Ian and Fiona.     @rafinmdRoy, I hope you enjoyed the BSO.  That and the York Symphony Orchestra are what I miss a great deal after leaving MD.  Even more so than Wegman's.   

A day of the NFL here with some heavy housecleaning before so I can get some exercise before sitting in my easy chair for most of the day.    Go Ravens!    

anything for me tiny '14.jpg

Lidia 32418.jpg

Ravens Lidia 121017.jpg

• Like 26

18 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good Sunday morning!  A beautiful but cool morning beginning with lots of gunshots from the lake to ring in the morning.  Poor ducks and geese.   @richwmnthank you for the Daily Report and Fleet Report.  I hope that you are enjoying your cruise!  I use Google for my dictionary these days and I don't even think the one I had survived the cull when I moved to Michigan.  I subscribe online to A Word A Day email.  Some of them are just plain weird and wouldn't qualify as a Scrabble play.   I miss my dear cats who passed in 2019 and 2021.  My Korat qualified as an International cat as she was a Sri Sawat breed that has only been in the US for 70 years after a few pairs were imported from Thailand.  Sri Sawat means good luck. My other was a Mackerel tabby pattern Maine Coon.  They were my touch stones after my DH passed away.    Today's flank steak I would love plain marinated with the liquid grape (wine) on the side.    The drink would be good minus the mint and the vino looks like a real winner.  Wish Costco carried it.  I look forward to the pics of the Christchurch port.   

Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine and those bearing with the pain of Ian and Fiona.     @rafinmdRoy, I hope you enjoyed the BSO.  That and the York Symphony Orchestra are what I miss a great deal after leaving MD.  Even more so than Wegman's.   

A day of the NFL here with some heavy housecleaning before so I can get some exercise before sitting in my easy chair for most of the day.    Go Ravens!    

anything for me tiny '14.jpg

Lidia 32418.jpg

Ravens Lidia 121017.jpg

I’m guessing you left fairly recently if you miss Wegmans.  I remember visiting a Wegmans in Upstate New York several years ago (it  didn’t exist when I lived there) and ours here probably opened in about the last 5 years.

Roy

• Like 13

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good thanks to @0106 for the pictures and recipes.  I found a turkey breast on sale so that’s what’s on today’s menu.  Yesterday’s errands had me at the bread outlet, I picked up some maple and brown sugar loaves and made French toast for breakfast this morning. It’s another beautiful day here in New England.  Everyday is cat day here.  All seven are spoiled.  I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Back from church and taking some time to catch up on what’s happening. Good service and a sermon that was helpful in how to deal with conflict.

We have reservations for a brunch on the bayou and it’s a beautiful day for dining outdoors. We will be dining out as we have used up perishables and the fridge is rather bare. Pretty much packed other then toiletries. Can we go now?

So I’ll have another coffee and sit back and read the Daily.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Bruce

image.jpeg.58e7978bb859fe15c56921a1d248c42e.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Sunday Morning!  Cat day??? every day here. Furnando even crept into to bed this morning to tell me to GET UP!  It's my day.  They were all disappointed by canned Pate this morning except the out side one, I tell her it's canned mouse, and she's good with that.  

@cat shepard I did find your meme funny, but I do have a rebuttal....Forgive me,   Everyone my age is on drugs, but they all come with a prescription, and the reason I don't have a curfew is I cant see to drive at night, so I am always home early.

@StLouisCruisers OMG!  We are having the same problem with our mail delivery too!  On Tuesday nights I take the neighbors dog out, and no mail had arrived, this was after 8 pm, walking back across the street, I see the truck turn at the end, drive up the street  just a bit, back down, and then block the entrance to the bottom of our street.  Then they backed down some more, and turned back where they came from.  Mail was delivered at 9 pm.  Last night after our shopping, there was a terrible accident on the way home, so we took the back roads home, and on the other side of the main intersection, we saw another mail delivery person out, driving in the dark,  weaving down the road.  Chuck thinks it's new staff, I think it's the fact that they are overworked, and the government doesn't want them to be #1 in delivery, they probably want independent companies to handle all mail.

@MISTER 67Ouch on that water heater, and I think your bill is outrageous, some weird philosophy of hitting hard when you are down and out anyway.  

@grapau27Thank you for giving us Father David every week. I fear opening my heart to all, I seem to select what I do open my heart to, this is something I need to change, but in order to change that, I need to change not only the heart, but the way I live.  Maybe that is what I am truly afraid of.

193365-Rules-For-The-Cat.jpg

Annie, you may have a thought there about the darn Post Office.  They are so mismanaged right now.  DH just showed me the tracking for the wall calendar I made last week and ordered from Shutterfly.  It went from Illinois to Atlanta arriving Friday night at 8 pm via USPS.  I probably live 35 to 40 miles from wherever their sorting facility location is.  So what do they do then?  Must have flown it up to Lancaster PA to a sorting facility there because it arrived there 6 1/2 hours after Atlanta received it.  Why do all our packages hopscotch all over the country, delaying their arrival to our homes?  Happens every day.  I just don't understand it.  It could have been in my hands Monday but is now expected arrive this coming Thursday.  Glad I'm not in a big hurry!🤪

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Making better progress than expected.  Part of it is an improvement in the weather forecast so I will stop at the grocery store after church rather than before.  A pretty chilly but otherwise nice day until probably after sunset.

Today’s care list:

Cruisin single’s step son with double cancer
Final days for kochkeffek’s friend Fran
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS

Marshhawk’s friend Sheri
Quartzite Cruiser DH numbness in legs
Damage from Ian and Fiona
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/17; last day in penthouse
Birthday week with sister for Seasick Sailor
Birthday week for SusieKIslandGirl
Heartgrove’s DGD Lily
Welcome home Oceansaway17 and GTVCRUISER
7 Days for Cruisin Single (American Star 10/23 to 10/30)
Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS  to 10/16)  Cruising-Along(11/5), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  MissG (Oosterdam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25), Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and Av8rix (Rotterdam  to 10/30)
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

We have had a late lunch.

IMG_20221016_154349.jpg

• Like 21

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

We have had a late lunch.

IMG_20221016_154349.jpg

OMG that looks so good!  I do love pizza.  One of those would have been enough for both of us, but the leftovers we would have taken home would be appreciated the next day.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

OMG that looks so good!  I do love pizza.  One of those would have been enough for both of us, but the leftovers we would have taken home would be appreciated the next day.

Thank you Sandi.

We have eaten it all 

16659331646194554545172057079584.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good Morning All,

We had lovely thunder showers last night. Not sure if the trails will be open today. Am planning to head to Costco this morning or tomorrow to get gas. They have a price of $5.84 a gallon on the website, That’s so low for here.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

E516A5E2-192C-4388-ABF4-CD1B0317E4AD.thumb.jpeg.2011da97e721e6e1299fb4528621932b.jpeg

That’s quite a set of whiskers on Jinx.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I used to use a dictionary while reading to look up words I didn't know; now I go online. That dovetails with learn a word day. Cats are a Dailyite favorite, but I've never had one. Fun quote.

I like the meal and wine. Pass on the drink.

I have been to Christchurch.

Ugh. Not a fun night. I couldn't fall asleep and felt my heart rate was fast. It was 72, but I'm usually in the 50's in bed. Around 2:30 am I then got bad thigh cramps, in both legs! I got out of bed and hobbled around to try to get relief. I had done a good bit of yard work, so maybe that contributed. I have some tonic water, but it was downstairs and I didn't want to go down the steps. I finally got it to ease up, and got back in bed and fell asleep around 3 am. I did sleep until 9. I will take it easy today, but I have a few small projects to do like fixing my wind chimes and replacing my doorbell. It's the last day in the 60's before we drop into the 40's for a high temp; it's too early for that!

@cruzn single Prayers for your stepson as he goes through his surgeries and treatments.

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon. Your lunch looks yummy.

@MISTER 67 Ouch on that water bill. I hope you can get the water heater fixed or replaced soon.

@Cruising-along It's good to hear you're enjoying your cruise! Sorry about your daughter's still missing cat.

@Cruzin Terri Make the most of your last day there. Safe travels tomorrow.

@kazu I'm glad you got the pdf issue straightened out. I have no experience with a MAC.

@smitty34877 I'm pleased to hear that Tana's visit went well; I hope it brightened her spirits a bit. And good for the teenager for getting some playing time!

@ger_77 Oh no on the flight cancellation. I hope you can get your business class seats again. So frustrating, especially this close to departure.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

@MISTER 67 Ouch on the water heater/ electric bill.  We just lowered the temp on our water heater to 120 degrees in an effort to save some money.

@kazu Specifically,  what type of laptop do you have that needs a new charger?  I have a friend that is amazing at finding that sort of thing.  If you give the brand and model, he may be able to help.

@StLouisCruisers @marshhawkThe postal services is having problems everywhere.  I received a Christmas card, postmarked 12/15 in March.  I still have not received the invitation to a wedding I attended in September.

@ger_77 I hope you flight issue is resolved on Monday.  I look forward to meeting you on the Oosterdam.

@dfishThe Bay of Fundy is on my bucket list.  Enjoy!

@ottahand7 Go Ravens!DF596C2F-72DD-4775-A4E9-EDD3902544EF.jpeg.ad8f0c4386fa9d8e896056229a26d11f.jpeg

@rafinmd My Wegmans in Harford county opened in 2011.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

In Christchurch, we went to the International Antarctic Centre, so didn't see the city.

1650913366_310-ChristchurchInternationalAntarcticCentre.thumb.JPG.7370cf97e2f5c1c1c2d08c2be0b72517.JPG

1057866904_317-InsidetheIntlAntarcticCentre.thumb.JPG.1368d4a3784268a296bd4c1b8f448a5d.JPG

In the low temperature chamber

535239119_324-17_6F.thumb.JPG.06664454f570f31055e1122bb7e84a85.JPG

328.thumb.JPG.e60b05124adff91c99dfdb1cada351ef.JPG

332.thumb.JPG.553295b32527d57507db9fa413348cf1.JPG

333.thumb.JPG.f3792f6a97d4aceab2c2004e8ad98c53.JPG

Lyttelton Timeball Station. From 1876 to 1934 a ball dropped from its mast on its stone tower, signaling the time to ships in Lyttelton Harbor.

2101675695_336-LytteltonTimeballStation.thumb.JPG.04820df9cbc6a0856c36eccf7029834c.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Well yesterday certainly raised my blood pressure for a while.  I was about to step into the shower when DH said "Ger, you'd better get over here and see this email."  I wasn't sure what was so important that he'd interrupt a shower, but I went.  Oh Lordy.  It was an email from KLM advising that our flight to Barcelona in advance of our trans-Atlantic had been cancelled due to "operational constraints".  Argh!  It said if we had booked it directly, we could contact them for a refund, or if we had used a TA, we would have to contact him/her.  Well we used Flight Ease, so I sent off an email to our lovely TA to see what could be done.  Her advice was that it was happening frequently, and to give Flight Ease 2 or 3 days to arrange new flights.  My concern is that we've paid for biz class seats and that there only might be econ or premium econ available at this late date.  We're leaving in 14 more sleeps . . .  I hope.

My blood pressure would have been through the roof if I were in your shoes.  I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that Flight Ease can get this fixed a lot faster than I have seen for others and that you are in the class you should be.  🤞 🙏🏻 

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Today is back to the Bay of Fundy to see it from the other side of the bay.  I have been wanting to visit the Bay of Fundy ever since I taught Earth Science back in the 80s.  I am indulging that interest on this trip.  

You have a beautiful day for it 🙂 Probably the nicest day this week.  I hope you enjoy all the wonders of the Bay of Fundy (even though I curse it in winter time) with the storms it can cause to ‘hang over’ us.

16 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@kazu Specifically,  what type of laptop do you have that needs a new charger?  I have a friend that is amazing at finding that sort of thing.  If you give the brand and model, he may be able to help.

OMG - if he could that would be great.  So far nothing fits - even tried Amazon.  I’m off to a computer tech place next to see if he can figure out what kind I need.  I think the problem is it’s age.

Admittedly it’s an old one but it works fine - especially for spread sheets 👍 it’s an HP Pavilion - 2013 I believe but my memory may be short.  Model # on the back is 15 - b167ca (might be slightly different in the United States - I think the last 2 letters are different for Canadian one.  19.5 V - 3.33

I really don’t want to buy a new laptop for the sake of spread sheets.  If the Mac was better at the conversion it would be a non issue.  It took the 2 of us way too long to do it - very convoluted.

No worries if your friend can’t help.  Thank you for being so kind as to offer.

• Like 19

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

Admittedly it’s an old one but it works fine - especially for spread sheets 👍 it’s an HP Pavilion - 2013 I believe but my memory may be short.  Model # on the back is 15 - b167ca (might be slightly different in the United States - I think the last 2 letters are different for Canadian one.  19.5 V - 3.33

Jacqui, this adapter says it fits the 15-b167ca?  https://www.amazon.com/TouchSmart-15-B167CA-Sleekbook-15-B157NR-Ultrabook/dp/B00NHESGUM

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I’m guessing you left fairly recently if you miss Wegmans.  I remember visiting a Wegmans in Upstate New York several years ago (it  didn’t exist when I lived there) and ours here probably opened in about the last 5 years.

Roy

I think ours opened in Hunt Valley around 2009.  A long with about 10 pounds of weight gain.  😅

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I used to use a dictionary while reading to look up words I didn't know; now I go online. That dovetails with learn a word day. Cats are a Dailyite favorite, but I've never had one. Fun quote.

I like the meal and wine. Pass on the drink.

I have been to Christchurch.

Ugh. Not a fun night. I couldn't fall asleep and felt my heart rate was fast. It was 72, but I'm usually in the 50's in bed. Around 2:30 am I then got bad thigh cramps, in both legs! I got out of bed and hobbled around to try to get relief. I had done a good bit of yard work, so maybe that contributed. I have some tonic water, but it was downstairs and I didn't want to go down the steps. I finally got it to ease up, and got back in bed and fell asleep around 3 am. I did sleep until 9. I will take it easy today, but I have a few small projects to do like fixing my wind chimes and replacing my doorbell. It's the last day in the 60's before we drop into the 40's for a high temp; it's too early for that!

@cruzn single Prayers for your stepson as he goes through his surgeries and treatments.

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon. Your lunch looks yummy.

@MISTER 67 Ouch on that water bill. I hope you can get the water heater fixed or replaced soon.

@Cruising-along It's good to hear you're enjoying your cruise! Sorry about your daughter's still missing cat.

@Cruzin Terri Make the most of your last day there. Safe travels tomorrow.

@kazu I'm glad you got the pdf issue straightened out. I have no experience with a MAC.

@smitty34877 I'm pleased to hear that Tana's visit went well; I hope it brightened her spirits a bit. And good for the teenager for getting some playing time!

@ger_77 Oh no on the flight cancellation. I hope you can get your business class seats again. So frustrating, especially this close to departure.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

You are very welcome Vanessa.

I'm happy you and other Dailyites enjoy listening to our vicar's sermons.

I hope your flights get sorted ASAP.

Sorry to hear about your quads muscle cramps affecting your sleep.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 8

While sitting comfortably watching season 7, episode 5 of Alone, the transformer outside blew and we were watching dust move.  DH called the power company, they said that it would be fixed by 2:30, and while we were outside, getting warm in the sun, they came by and fixed it by 12:30.  

We have an abundance of squirrels who use the lines to get to one side of the street to another, and about every two months, Kapow!  They fix the transformer, and leave the fried squirrel.  

Ah, the mail, if only we could get a new postmaster general.  It's almost as if someone told the delivery people, go forth, and screw up every moment you can.  But get the mail to them eventually.  I too have seen packages in Atlanta, leave Atlanta and go north or west, when I'm 20 minutes tops from Doraville.

I got a letter from SS  after I noticed a check for a rather odd amount having been deposited in my bank account.  The letter stated that they had been underpaying me since December 2020, but they gave me a check for the difference for only one month.  Kind of like, it's our fault, but we don't want to pay you the rest.  At least we found out we made a mistake.  ?????  Or maybe they did fix it, but the difference was only a little over 5 bucks a month, either way, I cant figure it out. And what they say they will pay me starting in December, is what I get now?  When I grow up, I want to be an accountant for the government because I dont work well with numbers now, so I'm already trained.

I know I have work to do outside, but it's Sunday, my belly is full of french toast, blueberries and sausage, and I really just want to take a nap.  Not sure if that's allowed.  I'm still studying Rome, think I have it nailed down between two hotels between the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain.  Lots of churches to explore near the Pantheon.  And I know I need to book soon, and get the flights booked. It's just that little matter of money.  Hoping DH's mom can give me a loan.  DH 's latest campaign closed yesterday.  Our boss is trying to hook him up with either of the California bosses.  (they pay better) so I hope that one of them grabs him.

And that's all the news...

27ac9477e72c125723e04f1d9109bfbc.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Pauline enjoyed hers too.

IMG_20221016_154337.jpg

• Like 14

article-2248203-1683C158000005DC-74_1024x615_large.jpg

The largest pizza has a total surface area of 1,261.65 m² (13,580.28 ft²) and was prepared by Dovilio Nardi, Andrea Mannocchi, Marco Nardi, Matteo Nardi and Matteo Giannotte (all Italy) from NIPfood at Fiera Roma, in Rome, Italy, on 13 December 2012.

The pizza was named "Ottavia", a word of Roman origin for "eighth son", as a homage to the first Roman emperor Octavian Augustus, who represented an epoch-making change in the history of Rome and brought the Empire into a period of economic and cultural stability. Ottavia was 100% gluten-free.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from a wet central Texas.  We had some rain this morning with more expected this afternoon into tomorrow.  It started raining just as I left to pick up something DH needed from W-M 22 miles away.  Although it rained most of the way, it had stopped by the time I got there.  The heavy rain didn't start until I was bavk in the car, but fortunately, it slowed down when I got back on the highway.  It can rain all it wants to until about noon tomorrow when I leave for a dentist appointment, just a routine cleaning.

Add me to the list that thinks dictionary day and learn a word day are made for each other.  Google is my new dictionary.  For cats global cat day is celebrated 365 times a year.

The quote is one I can totally agree with.

It's been years since we've had flank steak, but it is good.  We'll pass on the drink.  I would try the wine especially since someone said chocolate twice.  😉 🍷

We have not been to Christchurch or Lyttelton.  Christchurch is on the bucket list.

@MISTER 67  I'm sorry your water heater was fried during Ian, and I hope you can get a new one quickly.

@cat shepard  Ann, I liked the meme, but I also thought we're on drugs, just not the illegal ones.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, make the most of your last day, and safe travels tomorrow.  The hotel looks gorgeous in the sunshine.

@rafinmd  Roy, thanks for including DH on the care list.  Just one small thing, it's onIy his right leg that is numb.  The numbness in the left one cleared up after the surgery.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm happy the visit with the work colleague went well.  It's good the teen got to play,  and that he had family there cheering him and the team.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 since out letter carrier, except the Saturday sub, gets our mail delivered by mid morning.  And the Quartzsite PO has a new postmaster, so things are looking better there.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope your flights are straightened out soon and you are still in business class.

@dfish Debbie, enjoy the Bay of Fundy, a truly amazing place.

@St Pete Cruiser  That is too bad Sabine has left the company.  My guess is she got tired of waiting for her captaincy.  Thank for checking on her for @rafinmd Roy.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sorry your legs bothered you last night.  Thank you for the pictures.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1