tote bags

hunt182644

• 3 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 6:07 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

Longtime Princess cruiser here.  Went on my first Celebrity cruise a couple of weeks ago.  One of the things they have you was a tote bag, but instead of it being like the Princess ones that look and feel cheap, this one was better material, and zippered, as well as had a smaller zippered bag inside.  Very nice. 

And I get cutbacks at some level, but I'm guessing those tote bags cost them maybe 10 cents a piece in bulk. 

And it's really cheap advertising for them.  Penny-wise, pound-foolish move if they're gone for good.

• Like 4

I "think" we got one on Royal in May. On Ruby in December they were missing. We used to use them as grocery bags when we were limited to cloth bags. These days the stores here have gone to using heavy duty plastic bags and we re-use those. The Princess bags tend to get old and rip. I'm sure we still have a bunch of them around. We never used one on the ship or took one ashore. I'm always surprised to see people walking around some port town with their blue Princess bag and a lanyard with their cruise card hanging around their neck.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/16/2022 at 5:30 PM, mom says said:

Soooo... maybe, maybe not. Wonder if I'll get a reaction if I just bring my Celebrity tote with me.

Sooo, just in case, I brought my nice canvas, zippered, Celebrity tote with me for our Crown Princess cruise. Not a (free) tote bag to be had- our Steward said they had none. No reaction to the competition's tote from the crew, but I did have a few ladies ask where I'd gotten it.

I am of the opinion that the totes have totally been discontinued at some point in the past.  Various ships have been handing them out "while supplies last" just to get rid of them.  I believe that once they're gone the only way you're going to get one is to contact John Padgett.  😄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yippee...I finally have a collector's item...up to the highest bidder.  Along with all of my "antiques" I've accumulated over my age (not to be mentioned).  Remember egg beaters?  ha ha

I have a big stack of all my bags.  I have no use for them at home (although have occasionally used the three canvas bags that I got from being in a WS). I figured that some day when I move I can use them to pack things!

• Like 1