Crown & Anchor Chef's Choice gift

zellmo

You can no longer put in your choice on the RCCL website. you have to call the C&A loyalty program. It took me a couple of phone calls before I got someone who actually knew how to do it. Not a game changer, but it's something.

Was able to do this last week for our upcoming cruise on the Anthem in January! It was a piece of cake, was even able to get the RCCL beach towel that I thought was no longer available. The “agent” I spoke to was so helpful and knew what he was doing!

22 minutes ago, pattak619 said:

Was able to do this last week for our upcoming cruise on the Anthem in January! It was a piece of cake, was even able to get the RCCL beach towel that I thought was no longer available. The “agent” I spoke to was so helpful and knew what he was doing!

The ‘agent’ might have updated your ‘choice’, but what is actually available once you board in January will be what you receive. Recently on Navigator and Loyalty Ambassador said No towels in stock and no ideal when they would be available again.

Title of thread is misleading as I believe OP is referring to C&A amenities based on level, such as welcome drink and ‘gifts’ such as bottle of wine, etc. when you reach Diamond+.

My understanding, chef’s choice is just that, whatever the ship’s chef has decided to send which has usually been a plate of cookies?

Royal eliminated doing this online a long time ago as reported in many previous threads regarding updating your Welcome drink preferences starting at Emerald level.

2 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Title of thread is misleading as I believe OP is referring to C&A amenities based on level, such as welcome drink and ‘gifts’ such as bottle of wine, etc. when you reach Diamond+.

My understanding, chef’s choice is just that, whatever the ship’s chef has decided to send which has usually been a plate of cookies?

Correct.

What the OP is referring to and the Chef's choice are two entirely different things

On our last few cruises we have been getting the cookies

I called yesterday to C&A to check on my gift preferences and was told no towels available, so I just ordered a 3rd bottle of champagne for our Oasis cruise in Dec.  I bring them home and enjoy them!

• Like 1

RCI has plenty of beach towels and tote bags. Since my first sailing this past January and my most recent one two weeks ago....so 7 total cruises to date. I have 8 tote bags and 10 beach towels...Yikes! I even have tried going to the LA onboard but that made no difference...they continue to give me what they have onboard.

43 minutes ago, karena1 said:

On our last few cruises we have been getting the cookies

I called yesterday to C&A to check on my gift preferences and was told no towels available, so I just ordered a 3rd bottle of champagne for our Oasis cruise in Dec.  I bring them home and enjoy them!

Many cruises since “return to sailing” and this is what we’ve gotten every time. Best part is I’m supplying a junior hockey league. 

8BB0842E-CD86-49E6-8675-E1E8BF1D19A8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

I don't think the cookies are "chef's choice".  I think the chef's choice is chocolate covered strawberries, petit fours, etc.

• 3 months later...

On our last cruise I had it updated. Told no towels or totes available. So I asked for 2nd bottle of wine

well they delivered cupcakes.- I went back to LA and explained I have more than enough food could I have the second bottle of wine. She gave me a list to choose from, 3 days later I got a completely different bottle of wine to what I requested. And the first bottle I had wasn’t right either. guess some ships just give whatever these days.

The Chefs Choice is not the cookies.

The Chefs Choice is something like a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, or a selection of little cakes. It is usually delivered on a formal night. You do not pick what you get. 

On some of my recent cruises it hasn’t been delivered at all! 

The cookies are actually part of the Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection ( which start at Emerald tier) 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2022 at 3:39 PM, monorail81 said:

Does anyone know what the “default” gift is for people who never make a choice?

In our case it was nothing.

Our next Royal cruise is end of April.  This time I'm calling.  When should that be?

5 hours ago, jencruzin said:

I'm a bit confused. I know what the chef's choice is, but what's this free gift about? We just turned Diamond for this upcoming sailing. Is it only for Diamond+ and above?

Starts with Diamond Plus.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 11:29 AM, Ashland said:

RCI has plenty of beach towels and tote bags. Since my first sailing this past January and my most recent one two weeks ago....so 7 total cruises to date. I have 8 tote bags and 10 beach towels...Yikes! I even have tried going to the LA onboard but that made no difference...they continue to give me what they have onboard.

And yet we try so hard to get these items and cannot.  They just must like you better.  lol  Enjoy

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, imola said:

And yet we try so hard to get these items and cannot.  They just must like you better.  lol  Enjoy

I would love to give you some tote bags as I have no real use for them.