FINALLY, HAL has Released their West Coast Sailings for late 2023 - 2024

LAFFNVEGAS

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Was announced here several days ago. People started booking on Wednesday. My TA is working on a booking right now.

Sorry I do not come into CC that often and I went back 3 pages and saw no mention. I only received notification this afternoon. Just trying to be helpful. Iguess I was not, Probably best for me to stay out of CC.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Sorry I do not come into CC that often and I went back 3 pages and saw no mention. I only received notification this afternoon. Just trying to be helpful. Iguess I was not, Probably best for me to stay out of CC.

Well I appreciate helpful people like you.  Don't let the posting police run you off!  

Also I've appreciated reading your Live Froms.  Thank you.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks Lisa!   I scrolled through the other day, but your posting was much easier to follow!  I am sorry to see that there is no Amazon Explorer🙁! I hope they will add it.  The solar eclipse cruise looks good.  We were booked for the South America solar eclipse cruise in 2020, which was cancelled.

Karen

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Please keep posting, I for one love your posts. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I am almost a 5 star Mariner. I appreciate all who post news. I received the email this morning as most here have. Don't allow 1 poster to make you feel unwelcome. We are here to HELP one another!

• Like 7

I’ve been looking at the pacific cruises. I have 1 booked for 2023 and am interested in one for 2024. I like the 4 or 5 day spring cruises. It’s a nice little getaway that is out of Vancouver as it’s very close to home. 

• Like 1

Thank you for posting.  Please do continue to do so.  I am primarily interested in the Asia cruises and hope that sometime in 2023 HAL will announced another Grand  Asia.  If you come across any announcement regarding the Asia cruises, I would so appreciate your posting it.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Loreto said:

Thanks Lisa!   I scrolled through the other day, but your posting was much easier to follow!  I am sorry to see that there is no Amazon Explorer🙁! I hope they will add it.  The solar eclipse cruise looks good.  We were booked for the South America solar eclipse cruise in 2020, which was cancelled.

Karen

Amazon Explorer is on for this November, but not in fall/winter 2023/24.  It is always from Ft Lauderdale.  May make a reappearance in fall/Winter 24/25, which is probably 8-10 months away from being announced.  It's usually released as part of the other South America/Antarctica deployment announcements

• Like 1

I was trying to book a 17 day Panama Canal cruise for April 2024 and was going to use gift cards for the deposit.  I entered all of our information and it showed the I had to pay for the entire fare today.

What did I do wrong?

Carolyn

3 hours ago, cfgrandma said:

I was trying to book a 17 day Panama Canal cruise for April 2024 and was going to use gift cards for the deposit.  I entered all of our information and it showed the I had to pay for the entire fare today.

What did I do wrong?

Carolyn

Sounds like that is the non refundable fare possibility?

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Sounds like that is the non refundable fare possibility?

I just tried to book through the website rather than the email link and could see the deposit amount that would be due but once I completed the passenger info it asked for full fair amount.

I will have to try to call HAL and hope for a short time on hold.  I was trying to book myself so I could use left over bonus gift cards.  My TA said that she doesn't have time to enter a bunch of gift cards so we decided I would book our next cruise, then transfer it to her to manage and be able to get the AAA OBC.

Carolyn

10 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Amazon Explorer is on for this November, but not in fall/winter 2023/24.  It is always from Ft Lauderdale.  May make a reappearance in fall/Winter 24/25, which is probably 8-10 months away from being announced.  It's usually released as part of the other South America/Antarctica deployment announcements

I would love to see a South American cruise not involving Florida. A west coast round trip would be great or disembark Galveston 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 3:06 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

please do not feel that way , That OP is irritating to many people . The OP wants to  be a cruise critic monitor   in  it's dreams  

We certainly enjoyed seeing those cruises . We booked the Hawaii Jan 30 .2024 cruise  on Oct 21 st  & I truly appreciated the  heads up because handicap cabins sell out very fast on  certain itineraries & Hawaii is one of those itineraries   .It also  fives us booking early to use the Club Orange upgrade  cabin  at a much lower cost  . Our TA got us a great  price deal & HAL gave us $500 OBC & we got the other $250 OBC as a share holder 

I read your posts   frequently over the past  & would dearly miss you here ,so please reconsider who the OP is & tries ti bully people   until we put that person in it;s place . 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cfgrandma said:

I just tried to book through the website rather than the email link and could see the deposit amount that would be due but once I completed the passenger info it asked for full fair amount.

I will have to try to call HAL and hope for a short time on hold.  I was trying to book myself so I could use left over bonus gift cards.  My TA said that she doesn't have time to enter a bunch of gift cards so we decided I would book our next cruise, then transfer it to her to manage and be able to get the AAA OBC.

Carolyn

Hopefully it will be short.  Speaking just for myself I would be turned off by a ta that says they don’t have time to do something.  Is that their job? I mean they are getting a commission.

• Like 5

Thanks for everyones comments, I do not get a chance to come into CC that often. I was thrilled to see HAL finally get more itineraries listed. Especially for West Coast Sailings.

I actualy had booked prior to this for December 2023 for an 11 day Southern Caribbean on the Eurodam, I liked the itinerary and dates were good for my works schedule Plus I booked when they still had the Early Booking Sale with all the very good perks with Have it All. Thought the price was excellent for a Signature Suite but I actually wanted to see what if any they would have for Sea of Cortez for any longer cruises. I figured if I could get a 11 day from San Diego I could save a day with travel. 

I was excited to see a nice 11 day itinerary for December but the day of the week it started made it so I had to take an extra day off work. It ends on Saturday rather than Sunday like the Eurodam does although I still need the extra day with flying to FLL but the deciding factor with staying with Eurodam rather than Koningsdam. The price for the Signature Suite was almost a total of $1900 less with Eurodam plus has the pre paid gratuities and a lot more ship board credit. Plus to be honest I prefer the Signature Suite on the Eurodam. While the Pinnacle Class ships are beautiful, the staterooms with the exception of the Neptune Suites are terrible in my opinion. It just does not excite me to return to the Koningsdam. With the saving about $2700 total with what I booked we are much better staying with the Eurodam. It surprised me that HAL priced the West Coast Sailings so high with less perks.

• Like 3