Favorite Specialty Restaurant

slyster

I'm going to be on Allure next year and I'm looking forward to trying something else besides Chops (we ate there on Enchantment earlier this year).  We will probably still eat there since we love steak.  What are your other favorites?

Allure has Chops, Giovannis, 150 Central Park, Samba Grill (on my list), Izumu (thinking about the hibachi).  I have a 3 dinner package.  I think we will probably have lunch at Sabors for lunch one day.

I'm just wondering what your favorites are?

I also really enjoy 150 Central Park! And since you'll be on the Allure I would highly recommend including Samba Grill. There are only two ships in the fleet that have one, and it's worth every penny. Plus, you will get your fill of steak so you could skip Chops this time around. 🙂

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse
  • Like 1

Giovanni’s Table has always been our fav. We cruise frugally, rarely pay for extras, but will always eat there if available. Having dinner there tonight on Indy in fact!

Wife & I both love the filet. Many people feel it’s better than Chops.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, slyster said:

I'm going to be on Allure next year and I'm looking forward to trying something else besides Chops (we ate there on Enchantment earlier this year).  We will probably still eat there since we love steak.  What are your other favorites?

Allure has Chops, Giovannis, 150 Central Park, Samba Grill (on my list), Izumu (thinking about the hibachi).  I have a 3 dinner package.  I think we will probably have lunch at Sabors for lunch one day.

We are on the Allure now and have the UDP.  We ate at the hibachi first night, Sabor for lunch yesterday and Samba last night.  All 3 were excellent.  The hibachi is 1000x better than Chops imo.  We had the Chops lunch with the Key.  Its ok but I've had the chops meals so many times on so many ships, it gets boring imo.  Sabors lunch had awesome margeritas that were pretty strong.  The guacamole with homemade chips was outstanding.  So based on my 2 day in experience, I would definitely book the hibachi for dinner, the Samba for dinner and Sabor for lunch.  Fyi - make early times for all so you have time to digest before bed!!

edit:  we are doing 150 tonight.  I'll give my opinion.  It looks great!

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

OP is talking about the Allure whivh doesn't have hooked.

Correct, no Hooked on Allure.  Given the choices they have on Allure, I would go with 150 Central Park and/or Hibachi.  We have never been a fan of Giovanni's, have tried on multiple ships and just isn't for us.  We are among those that miss Portofino.

17 hours ago, slyster said:

My husband is a picky eater so we don't go to the speciality restaurants for dinner, but I was on Allure last week and did the Sushi and Sake lunch and it was great and the last time I was on the ship I did the Sushi making class/lunch - fun and a huge amount of food to eat, (but I ate all of it!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

I am one of the few who totally disliked 150cp I hated the spices they added ro my steak, also miss the cheese plater that used to be passed around. 

We didn't totally dislike but 5 of us went and would probably not do it again.   We actually had it reserved for two nights and changed our second night to Giovanni’s.   We all tried various main courses.  The atmosphere is nice, but the food was not special to us.

• Like 1

What I miss about 150 Central is the tasting salts they used to serve.  Still love the service and rest of the menu.    Chops can get tiring, but if you've never eaten there, worth the splurge or use of the UDP.

Love Izumu for lunch and sushi.   Never big of all the BeniHana knock-offs the cruise lines offer. We've had good and bad meals at Giovanni's/Jamie's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Correct, no Hooked on Allure.  Given the choices they have on Allure, I would go with 150 Central Park and/or Hibachi.  We have never been a fan of Giovanni's, have tried on multiple ships and just isn't for us.  We are among those that miss Portofino.

us as well.

• Like 1

Agree with many, 150 Centreal Park is amazing. From the salt tasing to the different courses. If you are a big meat or steak person may not be your best choice and might want to stay with Chops. The Cucumber Martini is the best ever. We have eaten in a lot of shore based high in resturants and for a ship this one comes very close. Would also recommend Chief's Table if you want to make it a special cruise. We love that experience as well. 

Edited by jcc1025

I could have swore I posted here, but I don’t see it.  I think I have decided to go with the “firsts”.  There are 3 places I have never tried:  150 Central Park, Samba Grill, and Hibachi at Izumi.  Oh  and I’ll try Sabors for Lunch.  

I have been on 14 RC cruises and this will be our 15th.  Excited!

I have eaten at Chops and Giovannis.  Love them both but I have eaten at Chops probably 4 or 5 times.  Giovannis once, but it was really good!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Giovanni’s Table has always been our fav. We cruise frugally, rarely pay for extras, but will always eat there if available. Having dinner there tonight on Indy in fact!

Wife & I both love the filet. Many people feel it’s better than Chops.

I think most any restaurant is better than Chops.  Prices keep going up and quality & service keep coming down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Agree with many, 150 Centreal Park is amazing. From the salt tasing to the different courses. If you are a big meat or steak person may not be your best choice and might want to stay with Chops. The Cucumber Martini is the best ever. We have eaten in a lot of shore based high in resturants and for a ship this one comes very close. Would also recommend Chief's Table if you want to make it a special cruise. We love that experience as well. 

The “Cucumber martini” is actually called Urban Garden in CP 150

0A8CF2E4-93B3-450A-B097-86C110B5E24C.jpeg

Edited by Spurschick