The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 18th, 2022

richwmn

9 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I’m still trying to catch up. I was down to 5 days, but now back to 7. 🫤

We have our family Thanksgiving tomorrow so I think I’ll be more behind. But I just saw this on FB and thought of my “other” family:

41E13258-A6F3-4F07-B636-F702A87239F3.thumb.jpeg.993f5aec04c8bad7c0b2b8adb8143f2e.jpeg

Wouldn’t want the cat climbing up that one!

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

8 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! It was even a bit nippier here than yesterday.But the sun is out, and I am not worried about dealing with multiple feet of snow!😎

Roy, thank you for all the pictures of your visit to the Panama Canal. And keeping up with our lists!  @StLouisCruisers, Sandi I hope you & Dennis don’t encounter any issues on the road today. That is quite a drive.  @summer slope Dixie, I know you will have a much easier drive, but I hope you don’t encounter any problems. 

I tried a new workout last evening and it was a good one. I was pleased that I could do most things. And visiting with Hailey, our instructor’s very personable Dalmatian was just a treat! Gym, chores, Bindi walks. Possibly heading out with friends - if I make it through enough of my prep list. 

I know my HOA would NOT approve this….

17DEEF42-9DF5-4612-8003-F131571C7C30.jpeg.b7df931ceac13d5e365436508b66a561.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Terre Rouge 2017 Ascent Syrah (Sierra Foothills) Sierra Foothills

This wine is a bit elusive, and all released vintages share similar excellent - superb ratings. This one is a bit pricey. Several online distributors offer it with prices starting at $59.00.

98 Wine Enthusiast 

This explosively flavorful, ageworthy wine combines complexity, power and finesse in a compelling way. Intricate, spicy aromas of graphite, minerals, black pepper and white pepper lead to a superbly balanced palate of just-ripe blackberry, rhubarb and woodsmoke without overdoing any one element. Great balance and layering are its hallmarks. Best from 2026–2040.

Thank you Ann!  We stopped 4 times and it took 11 1/2 hours!  But we left even earlier than planned because we both woke up before the alarm went off. Made it in plenty of time to drop car off. I waved at your exit and hope you waved back. 😂

8 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Bon  Voyage to Sandi @StLouisCruisers and Dixie @summer slope!

I do not care for apple cider  and have never been a princess.I like sardines but if I made today's  meal I would have a family revolt on my hands. I am still thinking  about the quote...

Wishing you all a great day

Thanks Terry. Hoping for a great cruise. 

7 hours ago, summer slope said:

Leaving at noon to drive down to the hotel. We are leaving from terminal 4. Never used that one. 

It’s kind of nice to be closer to the bridge. Plus the parking garage. Nice for those who want to walk to Walgreens or something but I doubt there would be much time with the little time for boarding tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Friday report, Rich, from a stormy Caribbean.  I like Apple Cider but haven't had it recently, and will pass on Mickey Mouse and Princess days  Kushiro was  actually my first port on my Grand Asia segment after missing Dutch Harbor due to storms so it was my first land after many sea days.  I think I like the Lady Gaga quote but will pass on the Sardines.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Roasted Lamb Shoulder, and Vanilla Ice Cream as served on MS Amsterdam November 17, 2022:

dishes17.jpg

Today’s care list:

Medical emergency on Oosterdam
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab
Terri’s next door neighbor Joanne with stroke and complications
Jazzyv digestive issues
Cruisin Terri continuing autoimmune flareup
From the rotation:
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
Quartzite Cruiser DH in rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Alianchief in California
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house and great progress with insurance and contractor
2 days for Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam 11/20 to 11/30)
1 days for StLouisCruisers and Summer Slope (Volendam 11/19 to 12/17)
1 days for Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam 11/19 to 1/14/23)
Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam to 11/19).  RednckBob (Beyond  to 11/20), CrazyForCats (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/20), and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thanks for the mention today and all the work keeping lists. Hope you’ve enjoyed being back at sea on a BHB.  

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Interesting that your guy takes reservations.  Mine is strictly first come first serve.

Roy

They almost always took appointments on the Prinsendam. Can’t remember on the other ships. 

6 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good Friday morning!   Well my garden club was cancelled last minute last evening,  great idea.  I think we have gotten 18" of snow and more is due.  We will have to get the snow rake out and stand in the back of our pickup to try knock snow off from our Direct TV dish.  We don't get the local channels and and we can get the others in low resolution.    Not too bad but it always interesting to see the traffic woes when we get this horrible weather.  Since I did not drive the truck last night we neglected to put it in the garage so when the plow man came it was still sitting out.   We will work on cleaning it off shortly.   

I got a phone call from DB yesterday,  he was asking about a news story so I am hoping he is beginning to turn the corner.   

This morning before shoveling I renewed my Global Pass, a long process and sent our PCC a request for a couple of B2Bs for early 2024 listed in the Black Friday Sale. 

I am heading back out to shovel again but a wish for safe travels for @StLouisCruisers and @summer slope!     A few time lapses from our storm.  The final one is when we had done a wee bit of shoveling.  

snow 111722.jpg

sunrise 111822.jpg

snow 2 111822.jpg

Thanks Nancy!  That’s a heck of a lot of snow already. Happy to hear your DB is interested in the news recently. 

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a cold 36F (but not as cold as Midland, MI) central Texas.  While I was writing this and also looking on-line for a wheel, DH called and said he found one on a site I'd missed (he's better at Google than I am).  While we were talking, he placed the order and saved us about $200. We don't know how soon it will arrive, but there is another car available.   I'll pick up a new tire when I go to Waco today.  I'm learning a lot about tires and wheels, since DH usually handled that department.

I have never been fond of apple cider, nor was I a princess except maybe in my father's eyes.  I like Mickey Mouse.

I think the Lady Gaga quote is a little cynical.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

We have not been to Kushiro.  It was the first Japanese port on our 2018 circle the north Pacific cruise, but it was canceled when we had to slow down going through two typhons between Dutch Harbor and Japan. 

Terri, I'm glad you were able to make all the selections for the new bathroom in one stop.  I hope there is good news on your neighbor Joanne today.

Safe travels today.  Have a great cruise.  🛳️ 🎈 BON VOYAGE! 🥂🍾

Nancy, I'll take our cold weather over your snow.  I'm glad your meeting was canceled yesterday.  It does seem like your DB is improving if he's interested in the news.  DH started taking more of an interest in outside things when he started feeling better and improving.

Lenda

That was quite an unfortunate incident yesterday!  You’re doing well with something you don’t normally handle. I worry about that when I think about the future. Good luck getting it taken care of. By the way we haven’t been to Kushiro either. I hope I spelled that right!  I’ve never done this much typing on my phone before and it’s not easy!  Can’t really scroll back to double check!

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. A cold morning here in Georgetown. Not going to complain as I see the snow report for Buffalo.

No. No. No to sardines!

image.png.2354ffd7dee040495bd70d7ee89eac19.png

Prayers lifted for our friends in need. Safe travels for Sandi and Dixie and all travelers for the upcoming holiday. 

Our neighborhood is celebrating Thanksgiving this afternoon at our retreat. 145 last count! We have a fun venue called Name that Tune Bingo. And we have 2 turkeys (actually foam pumpkins) that have $50 each of scratch tickets. The proceeds go to Blue Santa. It will be a fun night. 

Thank you Roy for taking us along on your cruise. Sure would love to have your dinner from last night. That lamb looks delicious!

We are watching our friends dog for a few hours this morning. He's curled into my lap sleeping away. He's adorable. 

Wishing everyone a blessed day and safe and happy weekend. 

Thank you for your kind wishes Joy!  Enjoy the Thanksgiving celebration. I’m not cooking at all this year. 🤣

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like apple cider, Mickey Mouse and not sure what Princess day is. Interesting quote.

Hard NO to sardines. I'll pass on the drink and yes to the wine if someone else buys it for me.

I haven't been to Kushiro.

Another 27F morning today; we may not make it up to freezing. Some flurries off and on. OMG on the snow Erie and Buffalo are getting! I'm feeling ok so far today. I just had coffee. I'll be doing laundry and trying to pack 2 separate bags. One for the road trip and one for the ship. 

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels and have a wonderful cruise!

@summer slope Safe trip and Bon Voyage!

@Cruzin Terri It sounds like you got a lot accomplished toward your new bathroom. 

@Crazy For Cats That sunshine looks awesome.

@rafinmd Thanks for adding me to the list. 

@ottahand7 Wow on the snow! I'm glad your meeting was cancelled. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Sorry to hear about the wheel and tire incident. Thankfully you were ok. I'm glad you have the 2nd car to use. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you for the travel wishes and the same back at you. Hope you feel much better soon  

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I’m sitting in the waiting room while DH has a procedure done. We don’t talk about it much but he’s had bladder cancer for a number of years. As his doctor once said to me, this is more a nuisance than anything else. He goes for regular checks and if no new growths have appeared that’s good news. As long as new growths haven’t gone through the bladder wall (none ever have) they just remove them. It’s just something we live with and don’t think about it until days like this. 

DDIL worked as an Imagineer for Disney until recently. She always said she worked for “The Mouse”  🤣

I like apple cider and have never been a princess. Hard pass on the sardines. 

I hope everyone has a great day!

I’m sorry to hear about your DH’s bladder cancer and hope this latest check went okay. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Ann!  We stopped 4 times and it took 11 1/2 hours!  But we left even earlier than planned because we both woke up before the alarm went off. Made it in plenty of time to drop car off. I waved at your exit and hope you waved back. 😂

It’s kind of nice to be closer to the bridge. Plus the parking garage. Nice for those who want to walk to Walgreens or something but I doubt there would be much time with the little time for boarding tomorrow. 

Thanks for the mention today and all the work keeping lists. Hope you’ve enjoyed being back at sea on a BHB.  

They almost always took appointments on the Prinsendam. Can’t remember on the other ships. 

Thanks Nancy!  That’s a heck of a lot of snow already. Happy to hear your DB is interested in the news recently. 

That was quite an unfortunate incident yesterday!  You’re doing well with something you don’t normally handle. I worry about that when I think about the future. Good luck getting it taken care of. By the way we haven’t been to Kushiro either. I hope I spelled that right!  I’ve never done this much typing on my phone before and it’s not easy!  Can’t really scroll back to double check!

Thank you for your kind wishes Joy!  Enjoy the Thanksgiving celebration. I’m not cooking at all this year. 🤣

Thank you for the travel wishes and the same back at you. Hope you feel much better soon  

I’m sorry to hear about your DH’s bladder cancer and hope this latest check went okay. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Have a great cruise!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sending you our very best wishes Sandi for an absolutely awesome cruise.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Sandi!  The doctor said it looked just as all the other times, so that was good news (no spread beyond the bladder wall).  He's taking it easy the rest of the day. 🙂  

Bon Voyage and have a fantastic time!!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

On 11/13/2022 at 8:33 AM, dfish said:

The stuffing biscuits are very versatile.  They can be made into a turkey slider or used as a breakfast biscuit with butter.  https://whitneybond.com/easy-stuffing-biscuits/

526000116_turkeysliders2.jpg.eb412835f96edae3856b484db31e76d0.jpg

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  I made these and they are fabulous!  We each had one with our salmon and salad tonight.  It’s going to be hard to pack the remainder in the freezer to take to family Thanksgiving next week.  So good.

7B0553C9-2428-430E-AF34-E4F983E63D53.thumb.jpeg.60ae6e319f8ca956a6284aba8009b108.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  I made these and they are fabulous!  We each had one with our salmon and salad tonight.  It’s going to be hard to pack the remainder in the freezer to take to family Thanksgiving next week.  So good.

7B0553C9-2428-430E-AF34-E4F983E63D53.thumb.jpeg.60ae6e319f8ca956a6284aba8009b108.jpeg

So glad you enjoyed them.  I may whip up a batch for the day after Thanksgiving.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, dfish said:

So glad you enjoyed them.  I may whip up a batch for the day after Thanksgiving.

These would be really good with cheese.  Maybe a sharp cheddar shredded into the batter or a chunk of it in the middle of the biscuit.  Okay, I’ll stop now.  lol

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Happy Friday eve!  We had our "goodbye" (aka group exit interview) review from "town shall remain anonymous" this afternoon.  First the boss asked my co worker and I what we heard from people as far as excuses of non renewal, we gave him our lists, they pretty much matched....bad customer service, terrible hall, and awful parking.  and then in this zoom meeting, he thanked us and asked if our other bosses thought we were terrible at calling, that we were too slow, and didn't call fast enough.,  We both said NO in unison, and while Mitch and I were considering what our other bosses have said, our boss, turned the meeting off.  It was like, thank you for your work, you both did terribly, good bye.  Bizarre.

Another reason to move on I guess.  I seem to be pretty much in demand for work, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it.  

3874754e20af8efa0f53d31b424e7bf5.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

and then in this zoom meeting, he thanked us and asked if our other bosses thought we were terrible at calling, that we were too slow, and didn't call fast enough.,  We both said NO in unison, and while Mitch and I were considering what our other bosses have said, our boss, turned the meeting off.  It was like, thank you for your work, you both did terribly, good bye.  Bizarre.

😮  WOW.  That has to be the worst management style I have ever heard.  Not even worthy of puzzling over.  The guy’s got issues and it’s not with you.

• Like 10

Today didn't go as expected.  This morning, DH's BP dropped again after one 30 minute session of PT.  The doctor ordered an ekg, which showed some slightly abnormal t-waves.  It was decided to send him to the ER for evaluation.  This time at DH's request, they sent him to the other big hospital in Waco.  After all, one doctor at the first hospital refused to keep him for further observation and evaluation.

There was no heart attack, and his blood enzymes were normal.  He also tested negative for flu and covid.  They did a chest CAT scan with and without contrast.  There was no evidence of the monster blood clot in his lungs or any clots in his heart.  In other words, everything except his BP checked out okay.  The ER  doctor said he'd admit DH if he wanted, but since there were doctors at rehab monitoring him, he was comfortable sending DH back.  If I was taking him home, then he would not release DH but admit him.  

While we were waiting for his transportation back to rehab, DH said he wanted a Big Mac and fires.  He also said by the time he got back to rehab, he'd probably miss dinner.  So while he was heading back, I made a McD run for supper for both of us.  When I got to DH's room, he was just finishing his dinner of fish and rice.  He said it was too good to pass up.  However, he did have room for most of the fries and the fried apple pie.  We decided the uneaten Big Mac would not reheat well with all the lettuce and special sauce on it.  I took it up to the nurses station for one of the nurses or aides to have for their supper.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I've learned some things about buying tires.  However, DH is the one that found the website that saved us almost $200 on the wheel.  I showed him the tires available at the tire store, and he picked the one we needed.  He tried to order it on line, but all the extra fees were added.  So, I called the store and ordered just the tire.  It will be here tomorrow or Monday and I'll pick it up then.

10 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I’m sitting in the waiting room while DH has a procedure done. We don’t talk about it much but he’s had bladder cancer for a number of years. As his doctor once said to me, this is more a nuisance than anything else. He goes for regular checks and if no new growths have appeared that’s good news. As long as new growths haven’t gone through the bladder wall (none ever have) they just remove them. It’s just something we live with and don’t think about it until days like this. 

DDIL worked as an Imagineer for Disney until recently. She always said she worked for “The Mouse”  🤣

I like apple cider and have never been a princess. Hard pass on the sardines. 

I hope everyone has a great day!

Carolyn, I'm sorry about your DH's bladder cancer, but glad it can be controlled.  I imagine the procedure is not that pleasant, but it makes life more livable.  I like your attitude about the situation.

7 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:
From our cruise on the Volendam 

Kushiro is the city on the northern Japanese Island of Hokkaido and was the first Japanese Port we visited on our Trans Pacific cruise in 2017.

The Island is specially famous for the beautiful cranes which are near the Western side of the Island 

We just went into town for a walk to stretch our sea legs ( after 8 Sea Days )  and to see the famous fish market there where we had a few nibbles and a delicious bowl of Japanese soup .

We could use a very nice warm bowl of soup here tonight  " baby its cold outside “ and snowy !

Without too much commentary today  , you’ll forget names etc anyways by tomorrow , just a few nice pictures 

image.thumb.jpeg.64898ea5f7aecd3c5b5b44be9070ab21.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e5701d50ab94ea0fc134003f90434b1d.jpeg

Loved this little car check the wheels and the paw prints on the hood 

image.thumb.jpeg.29483c9a9833a2bd598cba9fd94ce575.jpeg

Utility box cover 

image.thumb.jpeg.a7519bfc7538a77accdd54dbdf750cb5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.45a161052d27325f2d996ffcff926ce4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3e2447bff1efe8d555b5b7afb83e0f8d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a50eeea175a3e1902a1ab4c376dc0309.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.13ead015a2a8c2dce664eaee0347748d.jpeg

Near the Port Entrance , some photo opportunities for us cruisers ........wonderful to be a geisha for a day for the ladies !

image.thumb.jpeg.8c7f5478079ca6f7cf456dc7943a300d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.73334961270139162eb5d76952f3696e.jpeg

Or to get some special Japanese treats 

image.thumb.jpeg.43e836f840838268485b99f0c38372d5.jpeg

Have a great day everybody , working on a couple of cruises , got to get away for a few weeks this winter ! 

Tony :classic_laugh:

Tony, thanks for your pictures of Kushiro.  We were sorry to miss it.

7 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I’m still trying to catch up. I was down to 5 days, but now back to 7. 🫤

We have our family Thanksgiving tomorrow so I think I’ll be more behind. But I just saw this on FB and thought of my “other” family:

41E13258-A6F3-4F07-B636-F702A87239F3.thumb.jpeg.993f5aec04c8bad7c0b2b8adb8143f2e.jpeg

I wonder why you ever thought this group would like the tree.  😄 🍷 😉  Clever idea.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I'm sorry about your DH's bladder cancer, but glad it can be controlled.  I imagine the procedure is not that pleasant, but it makes life more livable.  I like your attitude about the situation.

Thank you Lenda.  I'm thankful that DH goes regularly for his checkups (sometimes as often as every 3-6 months and never complains) and no, it isn't pleasant.  I'm also thankful for his first doctor who is the one who told me that this is controllable, and more of a nuisance than anything else.  

I hope they figure out soon what is going on with your DH's bp. What a mystery.   It is comforting to know that all the tests they've done show that everything else checks out ok.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good Friday morning!   Well my garden club was cancelled last minute last evening,  great idea.  I think we have gotten 18" of snow and more is due.  We will have to get the snow rake out and stand in the back of our pickup to try knock snow off from our Direct TV dish.  We don't get the local channels and and we can get the others in low resolution.    Not too bad but it always interesting to see the traffic woes when we get this horrible weather.  Since I did not drive the truck last night we neglected to put it in the garage so when the plow man came it was still sitting out.   We will work on cleaning it off shortly.   

I got a phone call from DB yesterday,  he was asking about a news story so I am hoping he is beginning to turn the corner.   

This morning before shoveling I renewed my Global Pass, a long process and sent our PCC a request for a couple of B2Bs for early 2024 listed in the Black Friday Sale. 

I am heading back out to shovel again but a wish for safe travels for @StLouisCruisers and @summer slope!     A few time lapses from our storm.  The final one is when we had done a wee bit of shoveling.  

snow 111722.jpg

sunrise 111822.jpg

snow 2 111822.jpg

Did you have issues renewing your Global Entry? I did mine at noon yesterday which took about 5 minutes and received the approval in less than 36 hours. I will admit I was stunned at how quickly it was done. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Laminator said:

Did you have issues renewing your Global Entry? I did mine at noon yesterday which took about 5 minutes and received the approval in less than 36 hours. I will admit I was stunned at how quickly it was done. 

It took a long time.  Passport number, Driver's License and I had to reset my Password.  I was working last time I applied and I had to change that.   Thankfully it is done.   

• Like 5