Getting Off Symphony in Miami and Getting to Miami Airport

rustyroo

1 hour ago, rustyroo said:

Is it difficult to get a taxi/uber,etc. when disembarking Symphony in Miami to get to airport? Should we line up private transportation? Does RCL offer a transfer service you can pay for?

yes just do the transfer and go to main desk.  You can even prepay.

But if you so desire, trust me cabs are lurking nearby

We did the RCI transfer in October.  It was $16/pp.  You may be able to find something cheaper once you get off the ship, but it was just two of us and the convenience of knowing there would be no issues was worth any difference.  RCI took us to a separate waiting area (4th floor theater) where we were some of the first to disembark.  Got our luggage after customs and got on the bus.  They took us to a separate check-in area at the airport just for buses, so no super long check in lines.  I will say the walk to get to security was a fair distance.

No shortage of taxis, vans or ride share once out of the terminal.  Cost for any is about the same.  Uber/Lyft holding area can be confusing, but as long as you don't need room for a big party and have time before your flight, just grabbing a taxi is easy.

8 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

We did the RCI transfer in October.  It was $16/pp. Got our luggage after customs and got on the bus.  They took us to a separate check-in area at the airport just for buses, so no super long check in lines.  I will say the walk to get to security was a fair distance.

I  agree with Sc. Pi. It was the best money we spent. The porter whisked us past all the people that were waiting for taxis, Ubers and Lyfts. Being dropped off in the aforementioned bus check-in was great. However, the long walk to security was a PITA because the closer one was closed off for some reason. This was in early November. Not sure if it has reopened.

1 hour ago, moposh said:

How do you find out about the RCI transfer?

We went to Guest Services. Our only problem was they forgot to print out the voucher and we had a slight problem with the RCI rep that was near the buses and I had trouble trying to bring it up on my phone. After a couple of minutes, the driver said to the rep to just let us board.

I would go to GS within the first couple of days after boarding to make sure you can sign up before they reach capacity.

Thank you so much for all of the replies! I was really just concerned that it would be impossible to get a taxi/uber because of all of the people getting off. But the shuttle from RCL also seems like a good option. How do you book it before you get on the boat? I don't see an online option.

We always just walk outside and get in the taxi line. There is a constant stream of cabs. I don't think we've waited more than 15 minutes for a cab. We try to get a later flight so we don't stress over it. 

I don't think you will have problems unless you have a very early flight.

17 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

We went to Guest Services. Our only problem was they forgot to print out the voucher and we had a slight problem with the RCI rep that was near the buses and I had trouble trying to bring it up on my phone. After a couple of minutes, the driver said to the rep to just let us board.

I would go to GS within the first couple of days after boarding to make sure you can sign up before they reach capacity.

I am taking an excursion after the cruise so I don't need one to the airport.  It would be to the port.  I think I'll just get a taxi.

54 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Do They have other trips ending up in the airport than Everglades, and what is the proces....

You sign up via shore excursions.  For my cruise they also have a Hop On, Hop off Miami City Tour, and Best of Miami Photo and Selfie Tour.

On 1/12/2023 at 11:30 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

We did Lyft and it was easy. 

I’m going this route.  We are on EX  now.  They offer a transfer for $16/pp for late flights. It was in the app to book during departure info.

I checked lyft this morning and it was showing $25 -$30 range.  Not much different but on my own time.

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Once you get on the ship, go to shore excursions and purchase a ticket for the shuttle which are 44 passenger buses that are lined up outside the terminal.     

you can also call the RC phone # and have it added to your reservation.

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I’m going this route.  We are on EX  now.  They offer a transfer for $16/pp for late flights. It was in the app to book during departure info.

I checked lyft this morning and it was showing $25 -$30 range.  Not much different but on my own time.

We always check our options but now that we have been using Lyft there would have to be a large savings not to use it.  A lot of times we are with another couple so the cost pp is even more. 

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Miami did away with the flat rate taxi fee from port to MIA. So you pay the meter fare which is more than $27

Yep.  Last month my cab fare from Explorer to MIA was something like $36 before tip.  I learned about the flat rate going away the hard way.