The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 19th, 2023

cat shepard

Today is National Chocolate Mint Day, Iwo Jima Day, and National Vet Girls Rise Day

I have begun to think of life as a series of ripples widening out from an original center. - Seamus Heaney

Meal Suggestion for today - Radicchio And Mandarin Orange Salad With Walnuts A
Drink of the Day - Bloody Mark
Wine of the Day - Chateau Ste. Michelle & Dr. Loosen Eroica Riesling, Washington State
Destination of the Day - Zanzibar, Tanzania

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 3-04

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island eta 2-24

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Chacabuco, Chile eta 2-21

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles eta 2-20

Volendam

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 15:00 Depart

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 2-21

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Picton, New Zealand 10:00 - 20:00

Westerdam

Pulau Komodo Island, East Nusa Tenggara Indonesia 08:00 - 15:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Fremantle, Perth, Western Australia eta 2-21

B50B54BA-1DB4-4FCB-A699-57BDB4415886.thumb.jpeg.40d44016d0d2e41fe7500ce7bc556e61.jpeg

F9A5B887-865E-4709-A0B9-8B49D4AB64B7.thumb.jpeg.1757ebef0e988e2b60ef4ab6b6d8dd8c.jpeg

Ann for Paul, Sandi, Roy and Rich - the Editor-in-Chief!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 15

Thank you Rich for making this happen & still enjoying your cruise! Vanessa, thank you for keeping our lists. 

Sandi hope your ride home wasn’t too bad. Lots of traffic in my area the last few days. 

Just starting to get light out. Lots of stars accompanied Bindi and me on our morning walk. Just an early trip to the gym, then Aldi.  Bindi walks and getting ready for my visitors coming in Friday. 

80447EB9-6E45-4D6E-9F75-10F5C01503A1.jpeg.f6cacd0ecf865d7194dd845c3d5a8ffc.jpeg

622CD135-3221-4534-BF2F-E23DD4789389.jpeg.bf478e022ae999c8f69e62f9fec89843.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Chateau Ste. Michelle & Dr. Loosen Eroica Riesling, Washington State

Easy to find & very good - excellent consumer & critic reviews. I used the 2021 vintage info. You can even find this one at a grocery store. Numerous distributors with online prices starting at $14.95.

91 Wine Enthusiast 

The aromas are dynamic, with notes of Nestea Iced Tea, lemon, white grapefruit rind, white peach, melon and wet slate. The palate is considerably fuller than many recent years, true to the vintage, loaded with stone fruit and citrus flavors. The acid that is the hallmark of this wine remains.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 6

Bloody Mark cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Maker's Mark® Bourbon
4 parts Tomato Juice
1 small scoop Horseradish
3 dashes Tabasco® Hot Sauce
4-6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
3 turns Peppercorn
2 dashes Celery Salt
Half Lemon Juice

Instructions
Fill tall glass with ice and all ingredients. Stir or shake and pour over rimmed glass with ice.
Optional garnish: Parmesan-and-chili-powder-rimmed glass (rim the glass with leftover lemon and dip rim into parmesan and chili mixture).

Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 6.50.59 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Surprisingly the kids let me sleep in until 6. Ashlee complained that breakfast was served late.  I’m not sure about today’s meal suggestion, we will have a beef roast.  I do like chocolate mint ice cream but haven’t had it for awhile, of course chocolate anything will work.  Sad news about former president Jimmy Carter.  

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.
image.thumb.png.1cf40284b22316a9f4d89a3e3957b1ed.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning.   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I love the days - you had me at chocolate. 🙂  A big salute to "girl vets".

Thought provoking quote.

The meal sounds good, but I think I'll make stroganoff.

I'll pass on the drink, but I'll have the wine.

I haven't been to today's port.

It should get to 5°C this afternoon, with a bit of sun.  Quite a nice day for February here.  Bertie and I will head out for a short walk soon.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 30

Good morning and thanks for the daily report.  Chocolate mint anything sounds like a winner.  I like the quote.  The meal and drink suggestions sound like brunch to me.  I have not been to today’s port and look forward to the photos. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list including @grapau27‘s Sarah’s loss and Jimmy Carter.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events and to those of you on a BHB!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Prayers for all in need.  Thanks to all who keep this thread going.  Sounds like Rich is having a great time on his voyage and that Roy is improving some.  Great news.

Today is “lunch” day at church.  Last week I got my weeks mixed up and took a salad to church.  Wrong week!  At least my family enjoyed the salad. 

Thoughts and prayers for President Carter and and his family.  No matter what ones politics are the former President has to be admired for the way he conducted both his personal and public life. May his transition be peaceful and pain free.

I got DH mostly packed yesterday for our trip.  Now onto me.  This will take a few days.

Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 35

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Ann

Lots of people will be happily celebrating chocolate mint day (with or without mint 😉).   I appreciate the female veterans being celebrated but “vet girls” - really?  Do the men have a day called “vet boys” ?  When was a girl ever a veteran?  I think it’s time to change the name of the day.  We are in the 21st century.

6BF5FD84-94D5-4D38-BCDA-0A97DE9C1198.jpeg.e01fb85b82cdad94755f837281c6564c.jpeg

Today’s quote has a lot of truth in it.  The meal sounds intriguing and nice to have a lovely white today. 👍   

It’s way too cold today.  Seems we either get messy weather or it has to be brutally cold.  ‘Sigh’

My guy was here to work on the mess of my driveway and sidewalk and I got smart and asked him to bring up my boxes of begonias for me.  I’m having the earth delivered in smaller bags (costs more but when you are one armed - you gotta do what you can do) so, I think I will be starting some bulbs later this week.  It will take longer but what the heck?

8BF1545A-F62B-49FC-BF80-0AA5DAF6ED21.thumb.jpeg.16ac9351da207c2bde3deb79f8de44f1.jpeg

Sorry to hear that Sarah has lost her friend 😔 Prayers for her friend and family and for her 🙏🏻   

@Lady Hudsongood luck with the packing!

4C9A08FB-A170-4AD8-8BAD-3147A2F2E047.gif.afd9ec03b033fdd287b06366c60426ce.gif

Today is bite the bullet day - organize income tax and mark up all the papers for insurance and get them photographed for the claim.  Took forever to get it all looked up printed off.  The paper is a good 3” thick to give insurance everything they want.  I hope they have fun with it 😂   I  will definitely need wine after trying to photo/scan with my left hand.

E07C5736-B47C-473D-A509-AA6A464D8D2E.thumb.jpeg.a60978b66c9986e8790149f388e8604a.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, people in Ukraine, New Zealand especially Hawkes Bay and victims of the earthquake and for those that need them.  And a big toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

749B56A5-9FD6-49B4-83B8-BE0BDD81954A.jpeg.b746c04772879cfe0dba6c45ab3625a5.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Ann

Lots of people will be happily celebrating chocolate mint day (with or without mint 😉).   I appreciate the female veterans being celebrated but “vet girls” - really?  Do the men have a day called “vet boys” ?  When was a girl ever a veteran?  I think it’s time to change the name of the day.  We are in the 21st century.

6BF5FD84-94D5-4D38-BCDA-0A97DE9C1198.jpeg.e01fb85b82cdad94755f837281c6564c.jpeg

Today’s quote has a lot of truth in it.  The meal sounds intriguing and nice to have a lovely white today. 👍   

It’s way too cold today.  Seems we either get messy weather or it has to be brutally cold.  ‘Sigh’

My guy was here to work on the mess of my driveway and sidewalk and I got smart and asked him to bring up my boxes of begonias for me.  I’m having the earth delivered in smaller bags (costs more but when you are one armed - you gotta do what you can do) so, I think I will be starting some bulbs later this week.  It will take longer but what the heck?

8BF1545A-F62B-49FC-BF80-0AA5DAF6ED21.thumb.jpeg.16ac9351da207c2bde3deb79f8de44f1.jpeg

Sorry to hear that Sarah has lost her friend 😔 Prayers for her friend and family and for her 🙏🏻   

@Lady Hudsongood luck with the packing!

4C9A08FB-A170-4AD8-8BAD-3147A2F2E047.gif.afd9ec03b033fdd287b06366c60426ce.gif

Today is bite the bullet day - organize income tax and mark up all the papers for insurance and get them photographed for the claim.  Took forever to get it all looked up printed off.  The paper is a good 3” thick to give insurance everything they want.  I hope they have fun with it 😂   I  will definitely need wine after trying to photo/scan with my left hand.

E07C5736-B47C-473D-A509-AA6A464D8D2E.thumb.jpeg.a60978b66c9986e8790149f388e8604a.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, people in Ukraine, New Zealand especially Hawkes Bay and victims of the earthquake and for those that need them.  And a big toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

749B56A5-9FD6-49B4-83B8-BE0BDD81954A.jpeg.b746c04772879cfe0dba6c45ab3625a5.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!!

Thank you for your kind words for Sarah's dear friend.

Graham.

• Like 14

Good morning.  I'm so sorry to see @grapau27Graham's news about Sarah's friend.  Condolences to Sarah and friends and family.

Thoughts are with Jimmy Carter, too.  I've read many of his books and they're really inspirational -- no matter how one leans politically.  Quite a gentleman.

Maybe I'll get DH his favorite chocolate mint chip ice cream today.  And watch our DVD of Bob Hope and Bing Crosby in Road to Zanzibar.  

We're going out to breakfast and having a real R&R day.  DH has been overworked lately getting his mother's house cleaned out for sale and handling her business, along with ours.  He really needs a break.  

Thanks to all who are pitching in to keep the Daily up and running.  Wishing all a peaceful Sunday.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I wonder if Female Vets day is veterans or veterinarians.

Roy

NATIONAL VET GIRLS RISE DAY

On February 19th, National Vet Girls RISE Day recognizes the immense dedication of the nearly 2 million U.S. veteran women.

#VetGirlsRISEDay

On National Vet Girls RISE Day, not only is it a day to recognize women veterans, but it is a day for women veterans to support one another and to share resources, build relationships and spread awareness concerning the needs of women veterans

• Like 19
  • Thanks 16

Today’s care list:

Roy slowly improving; awaiting test results

Cruising sister recovering from hand surgery

My BFF’s Uncle, who is doing poorly, and has perhaps only days

President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

42,000+ deaths after Turkish & Syrian earthquakes

New Zealand enduring cyclone and flooding, with deaths

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Marshhawk’s abnormal scans

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Cat Shepherd’s great job in starting the Fleet Report/Daily every day

Cruzin Terri Welcome Home!

USN59-79’s leg fracture healed 

4 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas 2/23 to 3/3)

6 days for RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam 2/25 to 3/8)

6 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam 2/25 to 3/11) 

6 days for Cruisercl (NCL Bliss 2/25 to 3/12)

6 days for Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium 2/25 to 3/4)

ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 18
  • Thanks 16

Good Sunday morning.  A steamy morning I'm Rio.  We finally got our laundry back except for one bag that I mislabeled 6202 instead of 6206.  Our intrepid steward Bobby is working on it.  No one wouldn't know who it belonged to because it was a pale blue tunic with the Atlas of the World printed all over it.  

We enjoyed yesterday walking around Rio.  Lots of graffiti and people dressed for parades. 

@grapau27 sympathy for Sarah on the loss of her friend.  

Prayers for all on our Care list and for Jimmy Carter and his family at this time. Prayers for the people of Ukraine.  

We just got a post from our neighborhood FB page that a large box truck backed into the front of a neighbor's house and when the lights and message came on they fled. I will contact my across the street neighbor to see if our house is Ok.

Have a great day! Nancy 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. When I was pregnant with my oldest I craved mint chocolate chip ice cream. I still love it. Today im off to a craft show where people from my community will be showing their art and collections.

I wish I could get motivated to start taxes but it’s a no go so far. I have been getting rid of lots of old paperwork and shredding like crazy.

The weather has been spring like and I wonder how hot the summer will be.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Double-thank you Ann, thank you Vanessa, thank you Debbie, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! Thankyou Graham for your weekly sermon by Father David. And thank you all for being here!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2