The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 26th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Good morning and thanks all!  Today is a milestone birthday for DS!  
I would love to go to Egypt,  my BFF went there as her first visit abroad and had her eyes opened wide.  
@Quartzsite Cruisersorry you had to miss part of Egypt, but the Taj Mahal must have been sublime!   I had enough trouble with Montezuma, IV so that frightens me.  
Hugs @kazu we never forget.  
@Cruising-alonghope the appointment goes well and things stabilize!  Never fun not knowing and worrying! 
Renovations are never fun, we discovered an ice dam when we returned home a few winters ago. 

It went on for many months at the same time I was undergoing biopsies and surgery.   But it was all worthwhile in the end. 

BDEB0616-3009-451A-943D-F091DB73078D.jpeg

35558971-05FC-4355-B0BD-762206059D51.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

@GTVCRUISER, my DS & DBIL have  been aboard their boat in the marina at the Marriott.   She detailed the winds that came through the area, 2 rounds of it.   Said she and DBIL had fun 🤩 on the rocking boat. 

sounds like large areas of California had the wild weather. Wind, Flooding Rains, Blizzards.    
How did you do?

Very cold , wet and windy  , we are not use to this weather 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

The weather app shows we'll be having frozen mix/snow for the next week.  I'm hoping more for frozen mix, at least that doesn't accumulate.

Interesting collection of days, I'll pass on the red wine and drink and don't care for mac and cheese. Dinner today will either be left overs from the rotisserie chicken last night, or take-out.  It will depend on the timing when we help transport the kittens/food/litter box home.  DD's car will be full with ski equipment.  We've been to Egypt but not the Valley of the Kings, so have never been to this port.  I would love to see the Valley of the Kings, but most likely never will.

Not a good night's sleep last night, it took forever to get to sleep.  I was having symptoms of kidney issues and hope it was just late night worries getting the best of me.  No problems this morning, and most days have been fine.  Doctor's appointments this week, I'll find out when the next labs will be.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersI always enjoy seeing your DD's seasonal tree.  She's very talented!

Jake @Crazy For Catsso nice of you to try to donate to the cat rescue, and that's crazy that they wouldn't accept the donation.  Only allowing Friskies is being very short-sighted of them.

Hugs to Jacqui @kazu, Vanessa @JazzyVand Graham @grapau27.  February and March are hard months.   My Mother and sister both died in February 13 years ago (the 12th and 18th) and my Dad passed March 7,  5 years ago.  Winter months seem the hardest for the elderly and/or ill.  

Carolyn, I'm sorry your didn't sleep well last night.  I hope the doctor's appointments this week go well, and that the lab tests show that things are at least stable.

1 hour ago, arzz said:

And yet another from Safaga … never did learn how to paste multiple pics into the same post

image.thumb.jpeg.4db777f7e8f52e1127a80cbc775f87dd.jpeg

To post multiple pictures in one post, click on choose files and select a picture.  It will only let you select one picture at a time as far as I can tell.  Repeat the process until all the pictures have been selected below the post.  Next place the cursor where you want the first picture then click on the picture.  Add a space between pictures and continue until you have all the pictures in the post.  A hint is to be sure to have enough space below the pictures so there is room for all the pictures.  The extra space can be deleted at the end.  I hope this helps and is not too confusing.

42 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I would love to go to Egypt,  my BFF went there as her first visit abroad and had her eyes opened wide.  
@Quartzsite Cruisersorry you had to miss part of Egypt, but the Taj Mahal must have been sublime!   I had enough trouble with Montezuma, IV so that frightens me.  
@Cruising-alonghope the appointment goes well and things stabilize!  Never fun not knowing and worrying! 
Renovations are never fun, we discovered an ice dam when we returned home a few winters ago. 

It went on for many months at the same time I was undergoing biopsies and surgery.   But it was all worthwhile in the end. 

We were sorry to miss Luxor, and hopefully, we'll make it someday.  The Taj Mahal was always on my bucket list, but the first sight was a little disappointing.  All the pictures I had seen showed a very white building, but it actually looked a little off white or grey.  I found out that was due to the semi-precious stones and other colorful inlays in the marble.  We saw the Taj Mahal at sunset one day and sunrise another.  I'm glad we went, but I won't be going back.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

I got some interesting news today when DD called.  She said they thought their very active 11 month old cavapoo Sadie needed a companion so she wouldn't be so demanding of DSIL who works from home.  So they picked up a two month old cavapoo male yesterday and named him Milo.  He has the same Father as Sadie so they are half siblings.  I hope he turns out to be a good playmate and Sadie won't be bothering DSIL all day long!🤭

I hope this doesn't backfire on them!

Milo00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIG-cq-vDsPZCtJEGQZAVp0aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677443986

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIiqOg1TWZdpdcZzzmRmBWbaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677443984

Sadie trying to help DSIL in his home office

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvFZluwCW8mkw-dKX2LI9KrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677443989

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, 0106 said:

I do not understand why HAL does not show this type of presentation on the cabin TV or record it and show it on TV at a later time.  I have made this same comment on the App and on every post cruise survey.  

I do agree with you on this 👍. HAL used to show the port lecturers and port talks on the TV - not sure why that and the presentations are not done with their new fancier tv’s.  Especially with covid still in play.

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I’m a bit stunned by the local rescue.  They will not accept any food donations that aren’t on their approved list.  Their list is only Friskies.  Plus they only take donations weekdays 9 to 5, my work hours.  So disappointing since they are always saying that they are short on cat food.

That’s disappointing Jake. 😔. I realize they might want to keep their cats on the same food but if nothing else, they could mix or at least offer the food to the needy with pets.  That’s what we did here.  It went over very well.

Kind of reminds me of the poor people who are in need of food but fussy on what they get - sheesh.

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you got out to visit your neighbors

yesterday, and that you went grocery shopping with your neighbor.  I hope the anniversary of your DM's death was not too sad.  Maybe wine or really the lack of wine contributed to the potting mess.  🤣

LOL Lenda - it had nothing to do with wine.  The mess was because I was trying to carry the trays of plants with mostly one arm and of course, the trays caved and dirt and water went everywhere.  If I carried the plantings one by one, dirty water dripped all over the floor. 😡 

I’m not allowed much weight with the right elbow (I may have broken the rule a smidge) and it really causes issues trying to do this stuff.

oh well, it’s cleaned as best as I can.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Not a good night's sleep last night, it took forever to get to sleep.  I was having symptoms of kidney issues and hope it was just late night worries getting the best of me.  No problems this morning, and most days have been fine.  Doctor's appointments this week, I'll find out when the next labs will be.

Oh dear on the kidney symptoms 😱 I sure hope that is not the case.  My very best wishes for your next tests and for a better sleep tonight 🤞 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Happy birthday to your DS.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I got some interesting news today when DD called.  She said they thought their very active 11 month old cavapoo Sadie needed a companion so she wouldn't be so demanding of DSIL who works from home.  So they picked up a two month old cavapoo male yesterday and named him Milo.  He has the same Father as Sadie so they are half siblings.  I hope he turns out to be a good playmate and Sadie won't be bothering DSIL all day long!🤭

Milo00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIG-cq-vDsPZCtJEGQZAVp0aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677443986

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIiqOg1TWZdpdcZzzmRmBWbaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677443984

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvFZluwCW8mkw-dKX2LI9KrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677443989

2 gorgeous dogs Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Cute puppies, Sandi. 

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Very late today. Yesterday was a day spent moping the floors in my bedroom and the connecting bathroom and that meant moving furniture. I was tired at the end of it all, went to bed early and slept fairly well. However, I woke up this morning with a very stiff and sore neck....could hardly turn my head. After eating a light breakfast and walking the dogs I took some Aleve and got myself as comfortable as I could on the bed. Slept most of the morning and early afternoon and fortunately the stiffness is subsiding. Don't know what I did but I hope I don't repeat it.

@Crazy For CatsOur local rescues all take food donations. What we do not or can not use we donate to the homeless and other people who need assistance in feeding their pets. Maybe they don't have room to store it.... but our local food bank takes dog and cat food for people who request it for their animals.

Susan

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Carpe Diem Day

And if, having seized the day, you don't like it, you can carp about it.

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Juan Collins

The cousin of the Tom Collins (made with gin) and the John Collins (with bourbon).  Any of them would be OK with me right now.

I'm being daring: asparagus was the next vegetable needing to be cooked (chard is beyond saving and will be composted), so I cooked it even though I don't think it's highly digestible, but I ate only three spears. I'll save the rest for salad. My digestion is still unsettled and I'm a bit afraid of eating anything that might upset it again, which is almost everything, but I also feel that I won't recover without adequate nutrition.

I stayed home from the synagogue--I was concerned about what else I might catch--and only hosted Zoom from home. The other members who led the services also caught the norovirus or whatever it was but recovered faster, although they condensed some of the liturgy. This morning I taught two classes over Zoom and attended a third after lunch.

nonewmessages.thumb.jpg.921f4acd33d95d1280964fff81ad2cb6.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 6

We had a beautiful day here in mid-Michigan.  We went out to Dow Gardens and bought annual passes.  Those passes also get you into Whiting Forest and the Canopy Walk.  So, we went there.  It was a fantastic time as there were no crowds.  The sunshine felt warm and I'm sure we got our vitamin D.  

We've decided to adopt Ellamary, the dentist's widow. We grew up with her kids and they were part of the neighborhood posse. 

IMG_2123.thumb.jpg.f266b9e388f041d18af407fa392b979e.jpg

IMG_2126.thumb.jpg.fbb1af4c8cb50d1e040482aeccede98c.jpg

IMG_2129.thumb.jpg.8753e1d92789963cd20ff9fc704d89b0.jpg

IMG_2135.thumb.jpg.0ddf4d981fed4b198a7a7b12d880e721.jpg

IMG_2137.thumb.jpg.0b915179dbe3aec82dd1528c8dc335a1.jpg

IMG_2138.thumb.jpg.66f6da669ca7991fe1213de15b628ad8.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

We had a beautiful day here in mid-Michigan.  We went out to Dow Gardens and bought annual passes.  Those passes also get you into Whiting Forest and the Canopy Walk.  So, we went there.  It was a fantastic time as there were no crowds.  The sunshine felt warm and I'm sure we got our vitamin D.  

We've decided to adopt Ellamary, the dentist's widow. We grew up with her kids and they were part of the neighborhood posse. 

Debbie, I'm really enjoying seeing Midland again.  What a beautiful part of the country!

• Like 10

Here in the south, it's a lovely sunny Monday, temperature 20 C.

Have not been to today's destination, thanks for posting the photos

Due to damage from Cyclone Gabrielle, Noordam is not calling at Napier today, she is sailing south   to Wellington.

Less than 10 people now remain unaccounted for after the cyclone.

More heavy rain forecast for the Cyclone affected areas.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

I was going to post something early this morning, but I didn't wake up early, and I had to spend late morning in the farmers market.  Then ( i have no idea why I did this) I took DH out for a late lunch, and we were so full that while watching NASCAR he once again fell asleep, and I got on line and checked my emails.  My traveling couple that we have cruised with, and gone to Sanibel with, and I have known since I moved to the south wanted to know when my next cruise was, I told them HAL in May 14 days in Alaska.  He wrote back and said, they have done Alaska in May and wanted to go later in the season, but they had no vacation plans for this year.  The wife is developing dementia, and has been diagnosed with a terminal lung disease.  I told him to check out if there were any cabins left on our cruise, and since they had not been to three of the ports, that might interest them, and he did, and emailed me tonight to see if Dan( the BFF)or Chuck would be upset if they tagged along.  That would be a no, they would not be upset, they liked the idea,, called him back, and he is booking the cruise tomorrow morning.

Our cruise friends are Charles and Ann....I know it gets confusing,  So Chuck stays as Chuck, and I stay as Annie, and it almost works...LOL.  She is not very mobile anymore, but she likes to cruise. 

There was no Vera on tonight, I hope the season wasn't just 4 episodes.  We went back to Drive to Survive on Netflix, realized that lunch was so big we didn't need dinner, so we had an ice cream, took our meds and vitamins,  and will probably fall asleep by 10.  

@Cruzin TerriYour tale of no toilet brought back a rather humorous tale in my past.  It was when DH and I started dating.  I had a two bedroom one bath 100 year old cottage. I had a small ornamental French horn that was hanging on the bathroom door. I got up one morning, and put my robe on, and the French horn went into the toilet, right after I flushed and went on down.  I reached in, but could not find it, and figured it was small enough it just had gone into the pipes.  It did, but lodged in the pipe, and I did not figure that out until about 5:30 that night.  While we were having an ice storm.  And I could not find a plumber on a Saturday night in Atlanta during an ice storm.  I called DH and asked him if I could crash at his place for the night and he wanted to be all manly and came over to fix the "commode"  Well he realized after several hours, that the whole thing would have to be taken apart, so at 10 that night he finally agreed that I could come over and crash at his place (he rented a room from a mutual friend), and then the poor dear went over the next morning and took the whole toilet apart and rescued the horn.  I spent the day with the friend.10 hours later DH came back with the the horn.  LOL.  I could have called a plumber, but DH saved me some major bucks.

@grapau27Thank you so much for Father Davids sermon today.  Hearing him every Sunday makes a big difference in my life, and I really do appreciate it.

Good night sweet Angels!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good evening. Not sure what happened, I started to read the Daily earlier but didn’t finish until now. 

It rained early this morning, I could hear it while I was trying to fall back to sleep. It continued to rain and drizzle most of the morning. Blue took one look and decided not to even try. It took several trips to the back yard for him to actually go outside and do his business.  How can such a small dog with such a small bladder not go for 16 hours?  Reminded me of the cartoon Bruce @aliaschiefposted the other day. 
image.jpeg.38c97d0e262d3fe37984b372df5f8

@TiogaCruiser, I’m staying at the Element. You will love the Las Oslas area. I decided since I’m on my own I should use a HAL hotel. I’m arriving 2 days early. I have a few excursions planned but I’m mostly looking forward to all the sea days. I have been to a few of the ports already and have decided not to ashore in Cartegena or Mexico. Feel free to email me, see my email in my signature, so we can meet up for a drink. Sorry, I feel really bad, I don’t even know your names. 

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

To post multiple pictures in one post, click on choose files and select a picture.  It will only let you select one picture at a time as far as I can tell.  Repeat the process until all the pictures have been selected below the post. 

It makes a difference if you are posting from a computer or mobile device. If posting from a computer you can select multiple photos by selecting one, then holding down the shift key and clicking on another. That will select all the photos in the range. You can also select one, then hold down the ctrl key and select other individual photos.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

It makes a difference if you are posting from a computer or mobile device. If posting from a computer you can select multiple photos by selecting one, then holding down the shift key and clicking on another. That will select all the photos in the range. You can also select one, then hold down the ctrl key and select other individual photos.

Thank you, Rich.  I thought there should be away to load more than one picture at a time on the computer, but hadn't figured it out after all this time.  Again, I learned something on the Daily.  On my tablet, it is easy to select multiple pictures.

Lenda

• Like 7

6 hours ago, dfish said:

Nice photos Debbie.

• Like 4