STAR PRINCESS 2025

Geoffa30

This is a screenshot from the promotional video of the Star Princess.  You can see into the sphere and there is a glass floored walkway visible.  This seems like it will be so much better for views out to sea than any other class of ship that Princess has.

IMG_3228.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TorontoTL said:

This is a screenshot from the promotional video of the Star Princess.  You can see into the sphere and there is a glass floored walkway visible.  This seems like it will be so much better for views out to sea than any other class of ship that Princess has.

IMG_3228.png

Looks like the deck plan also has that walkway on deck 9- the moustache or lip shaped thing on it's side 😀

image.png.bb970f8a0d2902efcd5057920af594ef.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nini said:

Why can't Princess be more creative and come up with some more unique names?

they have mixed new and historic names for vessels through their history. What’s so wrong with a nod to their longevity by using an historical name for a new vessel?

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

they have mixed new and historic names for vessels through their history. What’s so wrong with a nod to their longevity by using an historical name for a new vessel?

I did not say it is wrong. I suggested that some innovation on the new "Sphere" class might be considered. In today's world, it can be confusing, especially for new cruisers. to do research on a ship only to find images and information on the "old" Star and Sun.

Sphere Class seems to have some real intriguing features. First newbuilds from Princess that have piqued my curiosity since Grand Class (which was a let down to me, personally).

As another poster mentioned above, the Piazza seems to have a real connection to the sea with lots of glass. 

In the early 2000s when Royal Caribbean’s Radiance class debuted, I was very impressed with the wall of glass that stretched the height of the Centrum. Coral Class seemed to come up short in comparison.

The original Star Princess had the beautiful Windows to the World lounge perched forward above the bridge. This third iteration seems to also embrace sea views and I am all for their bringing back the name.

The above is just my humble opinion.

IMG_2212.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Nice to see old names being recycled.  I was thinking of doing Sun Princess, but I usually wait for the 2nd in a class.

Having been on several inaugural cruises, we now wait awhile before sailing on a new ship.  We are very curious to hear reviews from the Sun once she starts sailing.

We also like to see Princess reuse familiar ship names.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Having been on several inaugural cruises, we now wait awhile before sailing on a new ship.  We are very curious to hear reviews from the Sun once she starts sailing.

We also like to see Princess reuse familiar ship names.

Yes nice. I think Carnival and Cunard does as well

• Like 1

I am really happy for those passengers who want to migrate over to the Sun Class.  Even more excited for folks like me that will stay with the smaller ships.  Maybe, just maybe, "we" will sail with fewer passengers.  (sarcasm aka Sheldon Cooper)

Just don't move her to the West Coast.  I will gladly take the Coral or the Grand.  

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I think Saturn Princess has a nice ring to it.

That works for me. On second thought, I think maybe not. But it does begin with an "S".

Edited by nini
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 3:31 PM, Sea Hag said:

It'll be fine as long as they don't carry the astronomical theme too far and end up with Uranus Princess.

Ships in the Evergreen container fleet are all named “Ever XX”, such as Ever Ocean, Ever Orient, etc. this is what greeted me one time in San Pedro: 

IMG_1213.jpeg

• Haha 7

On 5/12/2023 at 11:33 PM, VibeGuy said:

Seems tacky to name a new ship after one that had a catastrophic accident with a loss of life.  But that’s just me. 

As someone who was on the Star Fire Cruise, I had that thought for a second or two.  But the Star was in service for a long time after the event.  I was about to finally get back on the Star right as the pandemic hit and am excited to do so again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunk said:

Ships in the Evergreen container fleet are all named “Ever XX”, such as Ever Ocean, Ever Orient, etc. this is what greeted me one time in San Pedro: 

IMG_1213.jpeg

That's hilarious!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

As someone who was on the Star Fire Cruise, I had that thought for a second or two.  But the Star was in service for a long time after the event.  I was about to finally get back on the Star right as the pandemic hit and am excited to do so again.  

The last time we were on the Star, I remember seating on our balcony and noticed the fire suppression system that was just installed.  And remember reading that the fire set a new standard for the entire cruise industry.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

Any guesses on where the Star will home port in the US after doing Europe? Im hoping Port Canaveral. Would be surprised if they homeported 2 Sphere class in Fort Lauderdale during the winter but who knows. 

I don't have any proof right now but precedent and my gut instinct tells me Star and Sun will be doing exactly what you have said you don't want them to do: slotted together in Port Everglades. Royal and Regal were paired together for those few years when they were the only two Royal-class 'crown jewels' around. Port Everglades is also Princess's home more than anything else and they would largely be unrivalled in having the largest ships regularly homeported there (not including the Oasis-class).

However, I will say something about Port Canaveral. Often times, their travel agent seminars include a lot of "reading between the lines" hints and I think they will treat Canaveral just like Galveston, as long as demand is healthy. By that I mean, as we all know, they'll be bringing in Regal to Galveston (some initial port schedules shows this continuing until at least 2026-2027) following Princess's return to the port with Ruby this past season, and when discussing Galveston, they had the same implications that they've been teasing with Canaveral -- if they feel they can sustain the momentum they want to build, then I can easily see at least a Royal-class ship going there. The introduction of Majestic Princess to Florida beginning in 2025 for a taster seems to be a strong harbinger of what may be to come.

• Like 1

Snoozecrooze: you bring up many good points I hadn't thought about, Guess we will just have to wait and see. The suspense is killing me!

Im looking to start my 2025 bookings once the full schedules come out for the later part of 2025.  I want to try to do a TA on the Star Princess. 

The Star Princess deck plans are finally up.  Only done a quick scan and they mostly the same as Sun Princess (to be expected).  Lots of "Venue Locations are subject to change" notes added.  And the Teppanyaki restaurant is now labelled Umai Teppanyaki.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1