The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 21st, 2023

richwmn

14 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

We were in Tangier in April while aboard the Zuiderdam.  We chose a half day tour that gave us the highlights of the area.  We first drove through some nice areas of the city on our way to an overlook area on the coast where the Atlantic Ocean was to our left and the Mediterranean Sea was to our right.  We then returned to the city for a walking tour.

B7CCC950-70D2-4EF3-B20A-8BEDD5F18311.thumb.jpeg.44e5d71086355d4d7ebd6b44f5b24cd4.jpeg

6B550D13-4AAE-48CC-9801-486F5055D140.thumb.jpeg.e0c115c3f7ff834b34399da4f27f67ce.jpeg

EB643D69-277C-4624-880F-98F084C0C92B.thumb.jpeg.2efc54f11a94101f8882285c4c57a6c0.jpeg

B8A8C2B8-1B50-4C75-AA68-44925F641612.thumb.jpeg.a4ba6b7764cb36587dae93f6b8f83faf.jpeg

37657DDA-46B5-4F4E-8933-754E985A6789.thumb.jpeg.9df21a6271e78463e16f2884e938cfc0.jpeg

6B07A5AE-5544-4221-A558-F9DF9FF69516.thumb.jpeg.cdecd95e855c65357ef28f78bc0e8685.jpeg

B164C7CC-B760-4A57-9F17-7676742168C1.thumb.jpeg.0db4d0d2b6eda6c3e2b30080298f1ed0.jpeg

E35EA8EC-72F5-4773-AB3D-B968B7F966CF.thumb.jpeg.3bb4da52150b4e78db13d1fc7d058b70.jpeg

A343EE34-264B-4D1C-B951-541EEFDD105A.thumb.jpeg.0437aaa1cecffffb5ce6111846a5b14f.jpeg

86E9D18A-3EAB-4B52-9A16-993BFC2DC0F4.thumb.jpeg.6e5c682fd15d360c1035e41886aaf1eb.jpeg

6BCCF1F6-80EA-4800-BBF9-AE0052F78081.thumb.jpeg.368f3bf9d372a5563727ed70ea9e103c.jpeg

9F26D37B-2673-4F87-9125-798E02BD0905.thumb.jpeg.fcb1471dd044f576f304a807f947de91.jpeg

Nice photos.

• Like 10

image.png.c8f80610f3ddd14c81a3ce1b01466b4c.png

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you Rich for the Fleet report. 

Thinking of Eva and family. @superoma and to all on our prayer and care list today. Prayers for the horrible fires up north, the fighting around the world, senseless killings.. and the poor racehorse just put down.

image.png.d332ed63acef80e8b0735fe3340a13db.png

Debbie I would like the 1st recipe for the fried chicken sandwich. Sounds so good. Last night I made chicken pot pie and a Ceasar salad. So maybe in the next few days I'll make your recipe.

I worked as a waitress when I was young. The hardest part was lifting the trays with a bunch of iron skillets on them. 

image.png.857a47e26612f48ff07075ca989ae968.png

Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday. We are headed to brunch and I'm taking the day off from chores.

• Like 24
  • Haha 3

Good morning all!

Woke up to clouds and much cooler.  For the next few days it will only be around 60 and then will warm back up.  Today is the grandsons' joint birthday party at a trampoline/amusement center.  I imagine the noise will be loud!  Afterwards DH and I will stop by Flower World and get my tomato and pepper plants.  I'll take a look at the hanging baskets too. 😉  I didn't want to get them until now since we were gone the first half of May.

A very good collection of days, will pass on the red wine and drink.  Debbie @dfishthe first recipe sounds very good to me (if I cut  back on the spice). I like spice, it just doesn't like me.

Prayers for all on the Care list and cheers for all on the celebrations list.  Have a good day everyone!

• Like 27

Good morning everyone!

It's a cloudy and cooler morning but still quite nice out. 

On the DH front - we finally have his wheelchair! Friday one was delivered but it was the wrong one. Yesterday the right one was there so now the wheelchair saga can be put to rest. I got there yesterday to find him in the dining room playing Bingo and he'd won twice! 

I'm so glad I was finally able to get him moved to this facility. The familiarity has been a big boost for him. His verbal skills have gone through the roof (in a good way) and he's much more mobile. They were using a Hoyer lift but got a bed cane on his bed on Thursday and he's been a minimal assist one -person transfer since then. He's informed them he doesn't need the "crane" anymore. Now to get him standing for several minutes, able to transfer to the car and starting on walking again. All this stems back to the deep tissue injury last October. Yikes! 

Have a great Sunday!

Karen

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from another cloudy and breezy day in central Texas.  It is 69F and will go up to 76F this afternoon.  It's been a busy morning with laundry and errands.  I needed to get gas for the car before we head back to Waco for DH's appointment and a W-M stop.  

Today there are three good days to celebrate.  When we worked at du Pont in the late 1970s, they had forms called "Don't Say It, Write It" that were used for memos.  After that experience, I've always preferred to us the written word when trying to resolve issues.  The paper trail eliminates the he said, she said discussion.  I was never a waitress, but have great respect for all the hard work they do while maintaining a pleasant attitude even in the face of difficult customers.

After reading today's quote, I decided I must not be that old yet.  I'm still tempted by things at times, but admittedly not as often as when I was younger.

Today's meal looks good, but we'll be having chicken cooked in a mushroom sauce with rice and Watergate salad, along with our wine.  We'll pass on the drink, but would try the wine.  It was a nice surprise that it doesn't require a loan to buy.  😉.

We have not been to Tangier.  In 2001 when we planned to spend two weeks touring Spain before a cruise beginning in Barcelona, we talked about taking the ferry to Tangier.  When our time in Spain was cut to one week because of 9/11, we had to skip Tangier. 

Amelia Earhart did a lot to prove women could do things people only thought men could do.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for your pictures of Tangier.  I hope we can get there some day.

@aliaschief  Bruce, we don't always plan what we'll do in port before boarding a ship, sometimes we have tours planned in ports where we feel it would be the best option. But we usually have an idea about what is offered in the ports.  The Ho-Ho is always a good choice, too. 

@dfish  Debbie, I sure River and her aunts appreciate you and Sue being there for her soccer games.   

@1ANGELCAT  The outside "cousins" are cute.

@Mtn2Sea  Thanks for sharing your pictures of Tangier.

@Cruising-along  Carolyn, it sounds like a good way for the kids to use their energy.  Are you taking earplugs with you?  🤣

337292063_168702242718525_7057650638840109414_n.jpg.3bcc82398a447b06598d06fa5c2b75e0.jpg

342695713_1378541636271836_3367619209214182158_n.jpg.6fa128de428f60068f50b738971553bc.jpg

342567637_788329992371845_3513359955774274561_n.thumb.jpg.d2d63e56a8f7f5b442184898c3c98507.jpg

342990582_778392827340864_4858224345216026559_n.jpg.9453035eb29d4a488b2f89bf32e54999.jpg

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Good afternoon,

The morning has gone by so fast! Thanks to all contributors to the Daily thread.

@cat shepard, I have had the "The Butterfly Effect" wine. I have also had their Chardonnay, my go to wine. LOL. They were both very good. I do not know if is is sold in retail shops, but can probably get it through the Naked Wines wine club online shop.

I got them from the wine club, I belong to it. This wine club financially supports small vineyards as small businesses so thy are able to produce wines. Good wines overall, IMO.

It is a nice day here today, 80F which has not happened much this year. 

Have a wonderful day and take care. 😊

Caron

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Yay for the person who founded the Red Cross.  Do post-its count as memos?  Bless all those serving in restaurants - so many working for minimum wage and relying on tips to make a living.  

I'm late to the party today - I slept in until nearly 9AM - something that is unheard of around here!  We had a great time with our friends yesterday afternoon and evening, and that may have contributed to my lengthy sleep.  We did consume a lot of wine, as I recall.  LOL

We served grilled burgers, purchased at a small store nearby and found they were better than the ones we'd bought from a larger operation, so went off in search of more to put in the freezer for cook-outs later in the season.  While we were there, we ran into other friends, so ended up going for coffee with them, and now the morning is almost gone.  The weather is browny grey clouds from the smoke and when you come indoors, you smell like a freshly tanned moccasin.  There's a good wind blowing, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything to move the smoke along, so I don't know what's happening.

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes for our kids safe return from Japan - they made their flight without any issues, and arrived home by mid-afternoon.  The 2 littles didn't sleep a wink on the 9 hour flight, so it was hoped they could keep them awake until a reasonable bedtime last night.  I'm not sure what time they all crashed, but DS messaged me to say that at 3:14AM, all 4 of them were wide awake, as it should have been 6:14PM in Japan.  I think it's going to take a few days to get their internal clocks straightened out again.  Thankfully it's the long weekend, so they don't have to resume their normal activities until Tuesday.

@Denise T go to the dollar store and pick up a sleep mask - it will be your best friend, trying to sleep when the sun is up and trying to peek in your windows.

We originally had a free day ahead of us, but DH had an email from a university colleague who said later this morning he was picking up the president of a university in Ukraine and would be taking him on a tour of historical sites near Saskatoon - that would include some of the sites on the Riverlands Heritage tour that DH created.  Sooo, it appears that we'll be heading out there and will be meeting with the fellow, bringing along some snacks and drinks to enjoy at one of the picnic tables along the tour.  I just hope there aren't any ticks.

Finally, a wine I don't have to sell a kidney to enjoy; even though it's a white, I'd try it, just for the price!  I'd like to try today's menu suggestion, and would definitely go with the first offering, but would cut the Sriracha in half so DH could enjoy it as well.  I'm thinking after we have a mid afternoon lunch in the countryside, that this evening we'll have a light dinner of leftovers from last night on the deck.  And wine.

Prayers to all who are in need, cheers to everyone with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 28

Good afternoon to everyone. It is pouring rain and promises to remain that way all day.

What a bummer!

Nice collection of days.  

Wrote many memos in my day as an analyst.  I applaud the works of the Red Cross both here and abroad.

As for waiter and waitresses, here is my story.  While in High School during my Junior  i worked in the Woolworths at Columbus Circle after school and on Saturdays.  i usually worked in the cosmetics section.  One Saturday they were short at the lunch counter and put me there.  I had no idea what I was doing and it showed.  After about an hour the manager came over and asked me how I was doing and I told him that I was going to have to quit because I did not know how to do the job.  I was immediately moved to Stationary and never went near the lunch counter again.

I will pass on the food and drink today.  

As for the port, we were supposed to stop in Tangier on our cruise last year when we did the Canary Island cruise.  After we were on board we were told that all ports in Morocco were closed due to Covid.  It really did not make a difference to us anyway since DH and I were in isolation due to Covid.  The ship stopped in Cadiz instead but we were unable to disembark that day. A diappointment.

I am feeling wiped out from the Covid vaccination yesterday.  i am sure it will take a few days for me to recover.  That is the usual situation for me.  So far I don’t feel like I am having a PMR flare-up and I hope it stays that way.  Just feel very tired and have a very sore left arm.  if it keeps me from getting Covid, I will put up with it.  Once was enough!

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Thank you to all who make this thread happen.  @richwmn for getting us started, @dfish for the wonderful recipes, @summer slope for keeping us hydrated, @cat shepardfor making sure we have the correct wine with our meals, @superomafor the Cares and celebration list in spite of all that she and her family are going through right now with her father’s passing,  and for @grapau27for his great explanations of our special days to celebrate.  Where would we all be without all of you!

DH is doing better but the stitches do not come out until Friday.  the incision site is clean and I dutifully clean and change the bandaging each day.  He is a good patient.

There is nothing else to report today.  A quiet rainy day.  Inside projects for today.

Have a wonderful Sunday and 

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Happy Sunday.  Church this morning, and we're off to a local beer garden with family this afternoon.  @dfishthe chicken looks good today!  Good to hear about your fun at the soccer game yesterday.  

Last year our grand daughter was Clara Barton the Red Cross founder at their schools "be someone famous" day.  The 4th graders all picked a person from the past and became them for the day.  They all did a very good job with their presentations!  I'm a good memo writer, lots of post it notes around here...Have a great rest of your day!  K

• Like 25

Happy Sunday! Hope this is a good day for all.  It is bright and sunny here today in Western Colorado!  Not as hazy as yesterday, so evidently upper winds are clearing the air for us today.  Last night I was sitting in my living room with front door open and eyes started burning.  Evidently smoke from somewhere.  Easy solution - just close the door!  @rafinmd thank you for mentioning me in connection with Red Cross.  Sometimes I feel I must have been with Clara Barton when she started things off.  I have been volunteering since'98 when Florida was burning up!

@Cruzin Terri, hope that your husband's recovery goes very quickly after the stitches are out.  I didn't have stitches after the MOHS, but my stitches are now out from the first part of the plastic surgery regime, with the 2nd plastic surgery in June.  I hate the way my face looks now, but guess it will all be great when it is finally over.

Thursday I applied to renew TSA pre-check and it came back approved within 4 hours.  I honestly thought it took longer than that.  Guess all they really wanted was my money!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day.  It is off to watch NASCAR for me quite shortly!  Sending prayers for all on the Cares list.  

Mary Kay

• Like 21

Good afternoon after a busy day.  The laundry is done, the chicken is in the oven, and the salad is made.  Now, all that's left is cooking the rice and setting the table, along with the most important thing -- pouring the wine.

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Yay for the person who founded the Red Cross.  Do post-its count as memos?  Bless all those serving in restaurants - so many working for minimum wage and relying on tips to make a living.  

I'm late to the party today - I slept in until nearly 9AM - something that is unheard of around here!  We had a great time with our friends yesterday afternoon and evening, and that may have contributed to my lengthy sleep.  We did consume a lot of wine, as I recall.  LOL

We served grilled burgers, purchased at a small store nearby and found they were better than the ones we'd bought from a larger operation, so went off in search of more to put in the freezer for cook-outs later in the season.  While we were there, we ran into other friends, so ended up going for coffee with them, and now the morning is almost gone.  The weather is browny grey clouds from the smoke and when you come indoors, you smell like a freshly tanned moccasin.  There's a good wind blowing, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything to move the smoke along, so I don't know what's happening.

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes for our kids safe return from Japan - they made their flight without any issues, and arrived home by mid-afternoon.  The 2 littles didn't sleep a wink on the 9 hour flight, so it was hoped they could keep them awake until a reasonable bedtime last night.  I'm not sure what time they all crashed, but DS messaged me to say that at 3:14AM, all 4 of them were wide awake, as it should have been 6:14PM in Japan.  I think it's going to take a few days to get their internal clocks straightened out again.  Thankfully it's the long weekend, so they don't have to resume their normal activities until Tuesday.

@Denise T go to the dollar store and pick up a sleep mask - it will be your best friend, trying to sleep when the sun is up and trying to peek in your windows.

We originally had a free day ahead of us, but DH had an email from a university colleague who said later this morning he was picking up the president of a university in Ukraine and would be taking him on a tour of historical sites near Saskatoon - that would include some of the sites on the Riverlands Heritage tour that DH created.  Sooo, it appears that we'll be heading out there and will be meeting with the fellow, bringing along some snacks and drinks to enjoy at one of the picnic tables along the tour.  I just hope there aren't any ticks.

Finally, a wine I don't have to sell a kidney to enjoy; even though it's a white, I'd try it, just for the price!  I'd like to try today's menu suggestion, and would definitely go with the first offering, but would cut the Sriracha in half so DH could enjoy it as well.  I'm thinking after we have a mid afternoon lunch in the countryside, that this evening we'll have a light dinner of leftovers from last night on the deck.  And wine.

Prayers to all who are in need, cheers to everyone with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad the family is home safely even if their internal clocks need adjusting.  It should have been an interesting afternoon meeting another Ukrainian.  

56 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Happy Sunday! Hope this is a good day for all.  It is bright and sunny here today in Western Colorado!  Not as hazy as yesterday, so evidently upper winds are clearing the air for us today.  Last night I was sitting in my living room with front door open and eyes started burning.  Evidently smoke from somewhere.  Easy solution - just close the door!  @rafinmd thank you for mentioning me in connection with Red Cross.  Sometimes I feel I must have been with Clara Barton when she started things off.  I have been volunteering since'98 when Florida was burning up!

@Cruzin Terri, hope that your husband's recovery goes very quickly after the stitches are out.  I didn't have stitches after the MOHS, but my stitches are now out from the first part of the plastic surgery regime, with the 2nd plastic surgery in June.  I hate the way my face looks now, but guess it will all be great when it is finally over.

Thursday I applied to renew TSA pre-check and it came back approved within 4 hours.  I honestly thought it took longer than that.  Guess all they really wanted was my money!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day.  It is off to watch NASCAR for me quite shortly!  Sending prayers for all on the Cares list.  

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, I'm glad the stitches are out.  That's good news about the TSA pre-check being approved quickly.

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon to everyone. It is pouring rain and promises to remain that way all day.

What a bummer!

Nice collection of days.  

Wrote many memos in my day as an analyst.  I applaud the works of the Red Cross both here and abroad.

As for waiter and waitresses, here is my story.  While in High School during my Junior  i worked in the Woolworths at Columbus Circle after school and on Saturdays.  i usually worked in the cosmetics section.  One Saturday they were short at the lunch counter and put me there.  I had no idea what I was doing and it showed.  After about an hour the manager came over and asked me how I was doing and I told him that I was going to have to quit because I did not know how to do the job.  I was immediately moved to Stationary and never went near the lunch counter again.

I will pass on the food and drink today.  

As for the port, we were supposed to stop in Tangier on our cruise last year when we did the Canary Island cruise.  After we were on board we were told that all ports in Morocco were closed due to Covid.  It really did not make a difference to us anyway since DH and I were in isolation due to Covid.  The ship stopped in Cadiz instead but we were unable to disembark that day. A diappointment.

I am feeling wiped out from the Covid vaccination yesterday.  i am sure it will take a few days for me to recover.  That is the usual situation for me.  So far I don’t feel like I am having a PMR flare-up and I hope it stays that way.  Just feel very tired and have a very sore left arm.  if it keeps me from getting Covid, I will put up with it.  Once was enough!

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Thank you to all who make this thread happen.  @richwmn for getting us started, @dfish for the wonderful recipes, @summer slope for keeping us hydrated, @cat shepardfor making sure we have the correct wine with our meals, @superomafor the Cares and celebration list in spite of all that she and her family are going through right now with her father’s passing,  and for @grapau27for his great explanations of our special days to celebrate.  Where would we all be without all of you!

DH is doing better but the stitches do not come out until Friday.  the incision site is clean and I dutifully clean and change the bandaging each day.  He is a good patient.

There is nothing else to report today.  A quiet rainy day.  Inside projects for today.

Have a wonderful Sunday and 

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry you are having such a reaction to the booster, but glad your not having a PMR flare-up.  It's good to know that your DH's MOHS site is healing without any complication.  I bet he'll be glad when the stitches are out Friday.

Lenda

• Like 17

Saying hi Kate as it is. First, I slept quite late ! No complaints but that compressed the time we had before going out to a cello concert. The couple who took one set of our Kennedy Center symphony tickets when we had COVID in March after our Rotterdam cruise to us to a lovely chamber music concert at the Mexican Consul. It was delightful with 8 cellos, in a gorgeous venue, and best was that they drove. 

Once home we decided to go to our terrace restaurant for supper! Yay!  Good decision. 

I received video clips if yesterday’s memorial celebration of a member of our fire department, both the Last Call and the Striking the Four Fives…. of course tears followed but it was nicely done!  Right now I’m off to call the friend who recorded them!  

Good Sleep all!  Especially Gerri’s DDS after their Japan flight, yikes!  

Welcome home Annie, Chuck and Fr David!  Looking forward to the stories!  
m—

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2