The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 29th, 2023

richwmn

49 minutes ago, kazu said:

All other shore excursions have been up for months.  Only HMC is missing.  GRRR.  One roll call member called a month or so ago and they said it should be up ‘shortly’.  I guess my definition of shortly and theirs is different 😜 

That's what Shore Excursions said last year when people called and asked. They were really late then too.  Pat answer I'm sure!

We've only gotten the excursions for the 3 ports in Hawaii (and had them a long time now).  Nothing for the other 90 days!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

That's what Shore Excursions said last year when people called and asked. They were really late then too.  Pat answer I'm sure!

We've only gotten the excursions for the 3 ports in Hawaii (and had them a long time now).  Nothing for the other 90 days!

.... and like others I am getting annoyed. I have signed on for a couple of private excursions and there are some places they are not needed but still.......

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Goog warm and sunny afternoon. We went to the local farm market this morning for some fresh strawberries I’m no longer able to do the pick your own, used to love doing that for many years. 
We received this on Saturday from our wonderful veterinarian.IMG_1529.thumb.jpeg.b06f4e6100c05828cf77b6b67b84364c.jpeg

IMG_1530.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Goog warm and sunny afternoon. We went to the local farm market this morning for some fresh strawberries I’m no longer able to do the pick your own, used to love doing that for many years. 
We received this on Saturday from our wonderful veterinarian.IMG_1529.thumb.jpeg.b06f4e6100c05828cf77b6b67b84364c.jpeg

IMG_1530.jpeg

How sweet!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  Our high for today will be above the predicted 84F since it's not even 1 pm and it's already 85F.  I'm think it will probably be 88F, but still not too bad, in the shade.  I finally got around to cleaning the patio glider and side tables.  I ran out of steam Saturday before I got to them.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Monday Memorial Day Morning Dailyites!

My dear neighbor left us breakfast at the back door and then called me to let me to know it was there.  I didnt pick up the phone because our conversations never seem to end, and today I didn't have the strength.  I was also trying to boil eggs and make potatoes O'Brian on the stove.  Now the taters will be served with dinner.  Which DH will have to make.

I have only been sleeping about 4 hours a night the last two nights, and I am sleeping sitting up on the sofa.  I am just about to go down for a nap now.  Just a final clean up of the kitchen.

We put out food for the cats and all sort of other creatures eat it, and I want to put out the compost material to feed them too,, but then DH thinks I am purposely feeding the wildlife....hmmmm.

Off for that nap.

in-this-aerial-view-crosses-stand-over-graves-at-normandy-american-video-id1147825883?s=640x640

th?id=OIP.A75SE_7oDl0xbBC13u0P8QHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Annie, it was very nice of the neighbor to bring you breakfast.  I'm sorry you are getting so little sleep.  Rest as often as you need to, and I hope you are well soon.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I don't think we can go wrong either way.  I'm being careful in my recovery.  This surgery was a bit more involved than the last one and the gall bladder last June.  I do still have twinges of pain, but I am mostly off the pain meds.  

@cat shepard

HappyBirthday3.jpg.44e73b7d2e9e0c78020f309ab5c66b4a.jpg

Debbie, I'm glad you are basically off the pain meds, and those occasional twinges of pain are a reminder to slow down and take it easy.  I'm glad you could extend your walk.  I don't think you can go wrong with either color either.

45 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

IMG_1530.jpeg

How nice of your vet to send the flowers and the cards.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I have seen that.  I also found out that there is a HOHO boat and we would like to do that.  I am just trying to figure out where to pick it up.  We are in port from 12 noon to 8 pm.  The Naval Museum is closed for the Summer due to the conflict in Ukraine.  I will say no more about that!

The HOHO Boat seems to be a good choice there.  I have printed out the info from that website for a number of those ports.  

Thanks for that info and the ad blocker tip.

Terri

Terri, after seeing Sandi's @StLouisCruisers last post, I remember we have used Toms Port Guides in the past.  He has a lot of good information.  Here is the link to his site.  https://www.tomsportguides.com/

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

@cat shepard happy birthday!

Internet is being sketchy. Embarkation went well. Some hiccups but we got on board. Weather has been rainy and chilly but even though the scenery is spectacular. Saw an eagle on the train transfer. Today I saw whales! We are heading for Hubbard glacier now. I am having a great time. Staff is phenomenal. The food is wonderful. Meeting so many people. I will keep you posted.

Thinking of everyone and honoring those who served and are no longer here, including my father and brother this Memorial day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Denise T said:

@cat shepard happy birthday!

Internet is being sketchy. Embarkation went well. Some hiccups but we got on board. Weather has been rainy and chilly but even though the scenery is spectacular. Saw an eagle on the train transfer. Today I saw whales! We are heading for Hubbard glacier now. I am having a great time. Staff is phenomenal. The food is wonderful. Meeting so many people. I will keep you posted.

Thinking of everyone and honoring those who served and are no longer here, including my father and brother this Memorial day.

In spite of the typical weather, I'm glad you saw and eagle and the scenery.  I'm also happy you are enjoying the cruise and experiencing the wonderful HAL crew.

Lenda

• Like 17

A quick afternoon check in.

@cat shepard wishing you a very Happy Birthday with many more to come!

@marshhawk what a nice thing for your neighbour to do for you; I hope you brought the breakfast in before the critters got it!

We're off to the hospital to visit a friend who's only recently been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer.  Damn cancer.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Yes, yes, yes!   The painters will be here next Monday to start on the house.   We can't wait.  No wonder I was dreaming about the paint colors last night.  

The final choice of colors are?

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 8

I've just spent 5 hours in the garden and yard and now am too tired to do the housework I'd planned. I did get the vacuum out, hopefully tomorrow I'll actually turn it on.  😉 At least all the gardening is done for now, so there are no more excuses! 

Ann @cat shepard Happy Birthday!!

Gerry @ger_77 I'm so sorry your friend has bone marrow cancer.  My sister's lymphoma was in the bone marrow and an automatic Stage IV -- so I know how rough that is for everyone.

@1ANGELCAT How sweet that your vet sent flowers and the nice note.  I love when vets do that for us.

Debbie @dfish Yes, what colors have you chosen for the house?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good evening.  Today I caught up on some paperwork that I let slide while I was working ourside.  At least, I'm caught up until the mail comes tomorrow.  😁  I even managed to find time to sit outside and enjoy the newly cleaned port and furniture.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Yes, yes, yes!   The painters will be here next Monday to start on the house.   We can't wait.  No wonder I was dreaming about the paint colors last night.  

Debbie, that is good news the painters will start Monday, ahd so soon after signing the contract.  Yes, inquiring minds want to know what color you and Sue chose for the front door.

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

A quick afternoon check in.

@cat shepard wishing you a very Happy Birthday with many more to come!

@marshhawk what a nice thing for your neighbour to do for you; I hope you brought the breakfast in before the critters got it!

We're off to the hospital to visit a friend who's only recently been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer.  Damn cancer.

Gerry, I'm sorry about your friend's diagnosis.  That's such a horrible disease in any form.  Sending positive thoughts that it was caught early, and it can be treated successfully.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

The final choice of colors are?

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Debbie @dfish Yes, what colors have you chosen for the house?

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, that is good news the painters will start Monday, ahd so soon after signing the contract.  Yes, inquiring minds want to know what color you and Sue chose for the front door.

We were not expecting the painters until July, so this is a huge surprise.   They explained that they had added on additional crew and the lack of rain allowed them to get ahead of schedule. 

Ok, dark green for the body of the house.  Dark chocolate brown for the trim and accent color.  We are still debating on the door and the trim around the roof.  I'm leaning towards cranberry and Sue is staying silent   She wants to get some samples of the two and see them on the trim around the roof.  That is tomorrow's project.

• Like 14