Diamond Plus Drinks

3 minutes ago, kebby7 said:

I understand we have 5 drinks a day loaded on our seapass card but are there any free drinks available on the day of sailing?

Thanks

None besides those 5.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kebby7 said:

I understand we have 5 drinks a day loaded on our seapass card but are there any free drinks available on the day of sailing?

Thanks

If your seapass is not handed to you at checkin, but will be at your cabin, you can use your boarding pass to acquire drinks right after boarding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superduper123 said:

Free champagne / mimosas at the art auctions as well as welcome back party.  Sorry.... just realized you specifically asked about the first day.

You'd think D+ should know this after being Diamond. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, kebby7 said:

Thanks

The "day of sailing" IS day 1 of your cruise, so your five drinks for day 1 begins when you board the ship.

22 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Day one is sailing day. You get 5.   The day you get off at 8:00am you get no free drinks, but since nothing is open, it doesn't matter. (unless you wanted a coffee)

Au contraire, you will get another 5 free vouchers on departure day.  DW and I always go to the MDR for breakfast and get Bailey's in our coffee and multiple mimosas.  Wait staff have no issues running for drinks. 

Right now we are trying to confirm on our next B2B that you will get another 5 vouchers when you check into the next cruise.  I am assuming yes as it will be a new folio.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magicat said:

Right now we are trying to confirm on our next B2B that you will get another 5 vouchers when you check into the next cruise.  I am assuming yes as it will be a new folio.  

that has always been my experience b3b in may of 2023

Au contraire, you will get another 5 free vouchers on departure day.  DW and I always go to the MDR for breakfast and get Bailey's in our coffee and multiple mimosas.  Wait staff have no issues running for drinks. 

This varies by ship and sailing. We got new vouchers on the morning of turnaround day of a B2B last year but many have reported not receiving them recently.

If your wait staff gave your free drink, consider yourself lucky. There are no vouchers departure morning.    Drink vouchers cut off at 5 AM ( or is it 5:30) every morning including the morning of departure   Staff are afraid a passenger will get angry and give a bad survey if they don't provide a drink.  There are NO vouchers on departure morning so someone besides you is paying.  I hope it is not the waitstaff.  

Everyone eligible get vouchers on embarkation day.   Why would you think a B2B will not get vouchers on the second cruise? When the bars re-open on your turnaround day, you will have access to your free drinks, the same as every passenger.  I don't believe there is much open prior to 11 or so. 

M

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If your wait staff gave your free drink, consider yourself lucky. There are no vouchers departure morning.    Drink vouchers cut off at 5 AM ( or is it 5:30) every morning including the morning of departure   Staff are afraid a passenger will get angry and give a bad survey if they don't provide a drink.  There are NO vouchers on departure morning so someone besides you is paying.  I hope it is not the waitstaff.  

As a shareholder I hope they are not giving away free drinks.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

This varies by ship and sailing. We got new vouchers on the morning of turnaround day of a B2B last year but many have reported not receiving them recently.

We used them on the Radiance back in April.  Maybe it is as @cruisegirl1 states that it is the luck of the draw.

4 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I am hearing this as well.

Kind of annoying since it should be very simple for RC to state the policy in plain English but it is what it is. Not actually important to us, personally. On that one B2B I just got a couple iced coffees at Cafe Promenade because I could (would normally save my vouchers for alcohol) and my wife got a few extra bottled waters for the 2nd half.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Magicat said:

We used them on the Radiance back in April.  Maybe it is as @cruisegirl1 states that it is the luck of the draw.

There are NO vouchers on  departure day.  Staff are afraid to say no.  (I guess that makes one lucky).  Surely we have all seen the way a passenger verbally attacks staff when the passenger is told no?  And in this case, "I am Diamond"..... is the first phrase.  I'm sure staff are instructed to do whatever the passenger wants. 

Think about it.  On a 7 night cruise you get vouchers  the day you get on.  Let's use Saturday departure.  You get vouchers Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed , Thurs, Fri.   That is 7.   No vouchers for departure the following Saturday. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1