Blogging from the Sapphire Princess

PescadoAmarillo

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Better late than never! Thanks for posting live from the ship."

PescadoAmarillo was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

We’re in Vancouver and are boarding the Sapphire Princess today for a two week cruise to Alaska. I’m not doing a Live From as I’m not certain about onboard WiFi speeds, but I am blogging about our trip at

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2023/07/an-anniversary-cruise-to-alaska.html

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

We’re doing the same thing on the Sapphire next May.  It will be our 9th and 10th Alaska cruise.  Like you, we never tire of seeing the beauty of Alaska and it’s ever changing and unpredictable weather.

Have a great cruise and I’ll be following along.

Happy Anniversary!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We’re in Vancouver and are boarding the Sapphire Princess today for a two week cruise to Alaska. I’m not doing a Live From as I’m not certain about onboard WiFi speeds, but I am blogging about our trip at

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2023/07/an-anniversary-cruise-to-alaska.html

Have a great cruise! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

We’re doing the same thing on the Sapphire next May.  It will be our 9th and 10th Alaska cruise.  Like you, we never tire of seeing the beauty of Alaska and it’s ever changing and unpredictable weather.

Have a great cruise and I’ll be following along.

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, dalsnibba said:

Hi, i will embark when you disembark 🙂

Happy Anniversary and happy sailing!

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Welcome back to the sea - together again this time.

• Like 1

How lovely to see you back in cruising mode again! Looking forward to reading your blog of your cruise. Sapphire is my favourite Princess ship. I cruised Alaska for the first time in June on Crown Princess and had a great time.

Happy Anniversary and hope you have a wonderful cruise! 🛳️

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Holy cow! You are cruising together again. G has been cruising (and cruising, and cruising, and cruising) and you have not been cruising. It's good to hear that you are getting back onboard and sailing together. I've been wondering if you were ever going to blog again. I have to say, "It's about time!" Sapphire is a perfect ship for Alaska (or most anywhere actually). Love that extra wide Promenade deck and always love the Grand class of ships. Happy sailing. Now over to the blog to check it out.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m following your blog.  I enjoy your posts and blogs.  I’m sorry you were so ill and happy you are much better.  Our neighbors are on this cruise with you along with their six children and a few grandchildren.  They are celebrating his 90th birthday!  They are going ziplining on his actual birthday.  😳

Bon voyage!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

How lovely to see you back in cruising mode again! Looking forward to reading your blog of your cruise. Sapphire is my favourite Princess ship. I cruised Alaska for the first time in June on Crown Princess and had a great time.

Happy Anniversary and hope you have a wonderful cruise! 🛳️

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Holy cow! You are cruising together again. G has been cruising (and cruising, and cruising, and cruising) and you have not been cruising. It's good to hear that you are getting back onboard and sailing together.

He enjoyed meeting you and your wife on the Ruby!  I think he was surprised when he told me he had and I was quite excited about it. “Thrak?  You met Thrak?”  😉

I’m lucky in that he never guilted me into cruising when I didn’t want to. He knew I would cruise when/if I was ready and when I made the decision to cruise, I would decide to enjoy it. And I never made him feel guilty for wanting to get away from winter. Ours was a military marriage. Separations have been part of life.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1