Sunday November 12th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National French Dip Day, World Pneumonia Day, and National Happy Hour Day

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die. - Mel Brooks

Meal Suggestion for today - Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
Drink of the Day - Blue Margarita
Wine of the Day - Granite Hill Cellars Pinot Noir
Destination of the Day - Havre-Saint-Pierre, Quebec, Canada

Today in History:
1990 The World Wide Web is first proposed by CERN computer scientists Tim Berners-Lee and Robert Cailliau

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 11-13

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, CA eta 11-13

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana eta 11-13

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock - Palermo, Italy 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11-15

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Papeete, French Polynesia

Zaandam

Port Stanley, East Falkland Island 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Zanzibar, Tanzania eta 11-14

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Melbourne, Victoria Australia eta 11-14

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Manila, Luzon Island Philippines eta 11-14

1112World.thumb.png.2374e7aa54645c62b82a6d0612dd9354.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP, off TPN

Lazey1 having had Covid and rebound, now bronchitis and CHF flare

Cruzin Terri’s DH with swollen knee and ankle

Denise T not feeling well

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Cruising-along’s DBIL with prostate cancer, starting therapy

Nickelpenny with leg numbness

1Angelcat’s friend Bill placed on Hospice care (and his DW Lynda)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Rafinmd (Roy)!

Happy Birthday Crazy For Cats (Jake)!

Happy Birthday StLouisCruiser’s DS!

Welcome home Marshhawk (Annie and Chuck)!

Welcome home Lady Hudson (Katherine and Bill)!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & off TPN!

Norseh2o spending a week in Barcelona

Cruzin Terri’s DBIL’s estate finally settled

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Norseh2o (Oceania Marina Nov 13 to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

6 days for Cruise Suzy (Eurodam Nov 18 to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer)

7 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista Nov 19 to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami)

Sailingdutchy (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 15, Ancient Empires & Spanish Farewell), Kochlöffel (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Vict0riann (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean), Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific), Rafinmd (Rotterdam Nov 12 to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer) and GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I don't really relate to today's days but wish a cure for Pneumonia.  Strange quote by Brooks.  I think I attempted today's port once on the Crystal Symphony but was unable to tender.  I wonder if the inventors of the web had any idea what they had created.

Not sure about the meal.  My alternative is Iced Melon Bisque, Rustic Home Made Lasagna, and Peach Melba Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam November 12, 2017:

dishes1112.jpg.4d634618b97adc2fed4bf62bdd095695.jpg

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 3

Good morning friends!  It is 48F here with a chance of light rain in the next hour.  Then cloudy all day and a high of 56.   I hope my DS in Michigan has a nice weather day up there as he celebrates his birthday.  49!!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  I see it's Happy Hour Day!  Good news for Dailyites!   It is also World Pneumonia Day which should help make us aware of the problems with pneumonia.  And for fun how about National French Dip Day?  Haven't had one of those in decades.  As for the quote, sorry I don't like it and don't even think it's funny.  The Creamy Ham and Potato soup sounds good as does the Creamy Corn and Potato Chowder Karen @luvteaching posted last night.  I'll pass on the Blue Margarita and Pinot Noir.  Quite the important day in history with the world wide web being proposed on this date in 1990.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your contributions today with food and beverage reports.

Prayers for our Care list, and for my DB and friends in need of them.  Praying especially for Baby Murphy, and all in pain (there are many).  Also for those at war and the hostages held.  May they come home soon.  Congrats to the Celebration list folks and our Daily friends cruising or preparing to.  Our friend Annie @marshhawk and DH Chuck @catmando disembark Carnival Pride today in Tampa  The ship is already docked so we should see her back here soon.  Welcome home Katherine @Lady Hudson and Bill from your cruise, too.  Bon Voyage to Roy @rafinmd !  Happy Birthday Jake @Crazy For Cats. Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for today's lists and all your work.

The port today is Havre-Saint-Pierre, Quebec, Canada.  This was our port before on Dec. 12, 2021 and Sept. 27, 2022.  I don't believe I've been there before so no photos today.  The links are below for your convenience getting photos for us.  Thanks in advance!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!  Stay safe and well.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's a cold morning here, only -4°C (24°F), I'll have to bundle up to take Bertie for a walk.

Interesting days, I haven't had a French Dip sandwich in ages, I wish there was a cure for pneumonia and I look forward to Happy Hour.

I like Mel Brooks, but don't like the quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'm sure I'll like the drink and the wine. 

We haven't been to Saint Pierre.

Prayers for everyone.  I wish there was peace in the world.

• Like 26

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  @JazzyV thank you for for remembering.  It’s a cold morning and we are heading out for breakfast, hash and eggs will be my choice.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good on a cold day.  Not much on today’s agenda.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

Another memory from 2016.  Dinner in Tamarind on your birthday is always nice.

AD5AE8B9-40FB-46E6-A20F-975F11AD2121.thumb.jpeg.5d12ecf8e04d6b088fe63734d928cdab.jpeg

• Like 31

Interesting collection of days - not a fan of French Dip but it does have a strong following; Pneumonia can really be bad for so many people; I like an occasional Happy Hour -  looks like today should be one of those days!

Pass on Mr Brook's quote; yes to the meal, drink and wine; not been to the port.

Day in history certainly led to a different world.

Bon Voyage @rafinmd

20231106_125345.thumb.jpg.182429313eb045cb55d1d3945d89d7e4.jpg

Happy Birthday  @Crazy For Cats🥳🎂

Welcome Home @marshhawk🏡

Welcome Home @Lady Hudson🏡

Currently 53° headed to 68° and 73° for the weekend.

Screenshot_20231112-060304_Weather.thumb.jpg.68f08a4f17d9d98aff6bd3d750f3306f.jpgToday is PT for the shoulder, more posting on my review w/goal of getting it wrapped up, and this evening reading work emails to prepare for returning to work tomorrow. 

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Yesterday’s early morning rain ended before 8 a.m. & it turned into a gorgeous day. The Spatchcock chicken one pan meal was a hit. Every morsel of chicken was moist. It is cloudy and very windy this morning. 

Vanessa, I pray that you find a permanent solution to your pain. Thank you for never missing a beat with the lists, in spite of your pain. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks and post party chores.

IMG_1959.jpeg.ec3a1a519f2d6cd2b7518192e43defe4.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg.927f425cc5a5e3361792560e43da7156.jpeg

IMG_1961.jpeg.1003c3c95e858a1e7ca04342951cb55d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families and your support team. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

@Crazy For Cats Happy Birthday, Jake!

IMG_3005.jpeg.64ad1dce16bda8c89e0d956b305d70dd.jpeg

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Granite Hill Cellars Pinot Noir 2020

One distributor referred to this wine as “a happy little Pinot Noir”. 😎 I prefer my Pinot Noirs to be medium bodied and more towards the blackberry scale, but I would be happy to taste this one. I used the 3020 info, since that might be the easiest to find. Widely available with online prices starting at $10.99.

Winemaker’s notes

Granite Hill Cellars is a newly released brand by the Kautz Family of Lodi, California. The name comes from the rocky and “granite” terroir the family’s vineyards grow on. The soft rolling hills, in conjunction with the Pacific Ocean Delta breezes make these vineyards ideal for grapes of distinction. Practicing “sustainability” for over 30 years, the family is committed to the longevity of their land and the environment around them.

Lodi has been a famed region for growing Zinfandel grapes for many years, but it has been the last 10-15 years that they are shining through with other varieties, including Pinot Noir. The sub-AVAs for this wine come from Jayhant and Mokelumne River, which are located in the western part of Lodi.

The 2020 vintage is rich with flavors of black cherries, cranberries, cloves, tobacco with a touch of caramel and vanilla. The fruit forward style finishes lush and full.
Pairing: Delicious with duck confit, barbecued chicken, pork tenderloin, mushroom risotto and grilled vegetables. Vegan Friendly & Gluten Free.
Blend: 87% Pinot Noir, 13% Souzao

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 5

Good morning. Early to bed early to rise. A little cooler today as we are starting off at 58 degrees. Yesterday, we finally got a nice lengthy shower. You could almost hear the trees and surrounding fauna sipping like a straw. Good chance later this week for a significant amount of rain.

Yesterday my DW Sue came to me and said she wanted to book the Seabourn 2026 129 day World Cruise!😱 Good grief we haven’t even gone on next year’s 155 day Azamara World Cruise. She called our financial advisor and asked if we could afford this. He said yes as you’re behind in lowering the Ski Fund (Spending Kids Inheritance Fund)! So we are booked! Definitely will need some good trip insurance as I will turn eighty on that cruise. Starts in LA and ends in Vancouver. Called following the Ring Of Fire our itineraries sort of follow former or active volcanos
Speaking of French Dip that is what we had last night. We have been trying to use up food in deep freezer before our cruise. There was a frozen leftover prime rib and Susan nailed  last night French Dip meal. So good.

Church at eight and don’t believe anything else is planned for the day.

Have a great day. Thanks for the reports. Bruce

image.jpeg.4d0e138aaca2104f4e3fa1c5e465efeb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7aa858b11969cf702b56116330254b6a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0c8d710d46146b011359f2e347ef4be0.jpegimage.png.ef307f784803b3c1dee8e20113076fa3.png

• Like 31
  • Haha 6

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich

& thanks to Dixie, Debbie, Ann & Vanessa.

I love a good French Dip and it’s Happy Hour somewhere isn’t it?  😉. Pneumonia is a vicious killer - especially among the elderly.  Hopefully the vaccines help protect all.

I’m not sure about today’s quote - quite strange even for Mel Brooks.  The meal sounds good on this cold day though.  Havre St Pierre is a spot DD DH and I wanted to visit - sadly it was one place on his bucket list we weren’t able to fulfill.

IMG_1654.thumb.jpeg.097c8dca671a5dc364ff64f5e17323ca.jpeg

It’s another brisk day with frost on the ground greeting Ivan this morning.  So far, this morning he hasn’t gone in the big garden so hopefully, I finally figured out how he is getting in.  If I am finally right, I should have been smarter and figured it out since he can’t get out.  LOL

IMG_1655.jpeg.47da65c0dbce796da99ad9abe02b2b21.jpeg

Started more purging yesterday and it will continue today.  Canadian Diabetes comes in a week so I hope to make their stop here really worth while.  🤞 Despite all I have given away there still seems to be a mountain of stuff. ‘Sigh’.

IMG_1182.jpeg.a0490fe10bd81418a1cb36dafa3d1719.jpeg

Vanessa @JazzyV hoping that you can soon find some relief for all of your pain 🙏 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries & those that need them.  🙏   Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂.

IMG_1190.jpeg.5b8e1fdcc3c86c993345cf49ed150848.jpeg

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Like 27
  • Haha 14

Morning, All!

thanks to the WWW invention this forum is possible👏

cheers! To Happy Hour Day🥂🍾

Having studied theater and knowing Mel Brooks, the quote “makes sense”, but still odd.

was in port of the day once, June 2017 aboard Ocean Endeavour (adventure Canada). The entire town came out to welcome us. This photo is them starting to gather.

fun place to wander and relax.

Probably a no to meal, yes to wine, maybe to drink.

🙏 to all!  And a happy Sunday!

image.thumb.jpeg.f4dfaf61682bc219791ef20d5c099834.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all.

I am up early again.  Did not have a good night’s sleep.  Seems I can manage a good sleep every other night. 

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for all you do to keep this thread going.  

Prayers for all on the cares list.

Cheers to those who are celebrating.

Welcome home to Annie and Chuck, and Katherine and Bill.

Bon Voyage to Roy.

Happy Birthday to Jake.

I am cutting this short.  We have to have breakfast and get ready for my cleaning lady.  Really not very happy that she decided to come today instead of yesterday.

Will post more later.

God Bless

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Blue Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Sauza® Silver Tequila
1 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
½ part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
2 parts Lime Juice
Garnish: Lime, Blueberries,
Salt

Instructions
Combine all ingredients into an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a margarita glass over ice. Garnish with a lime and/or blueberries, and finish with salt on the rim.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 7.28.03 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 12

Happy Sunday, Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly but sunny day. The pollen count is high. I am feeling it. Planning on taking Fancy out for a long walk. Then I will meal prep for the week including a crock pot soup and meatloaf. 

I will try the meal and drink of the day. Both sound yummy. I will be sailing from Quebec next October. Any recommendations for a nice pre-cruise hotel? 

Thinking of all who are on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.11a703e9f3cdfc369bcdbb45be4e54da.png

• Like 25
  • Haha 4

Bon Voyage Roy!  Enjoy Rotterdam! Thanks for your blog, a daily refreshment in my breaks. 

Today is our last “regular” day here in our Maryland condo. It’s been a good home for our transition from New Mexico. We’ll pack the car today to make sure stuff will fit and keep that stuff away from the packers who come tomorrow; loaders come on Tuesday; cleaning folks Wednesday which is when we’ll drive north. Grateful for today!  One day at a time is Everything. 

Blessings for all in need of healing, hugs or hope. Better days for all our Daily family in pain or sickness.  It’s uplifting to hear of improvements, reminds us that good days follow tough times.🌈 Cheers for all those celebrating!  Thank you all for being here and for your cheerful support!  These days are surreal for me, going through the motions, but I’m being carried along by a lot of love!  

Smooth travels to all away, and welcome back to those returning. I hope you made lasting memories!  

Peace to all suffering in the many war zones! And peace to all of you and yours!  

A shout out of congratulations and a big thank you to three (much younger) friends in NM who graduated yesterday with Interior Structure Firefighter certification; 2 were already EMTs, the other is an EMS first responder. Firefighter certification is a physically and mentally tough certification, I couldn’t do it at 48 when I started.  (I certified for exterior fire grounds work which was enough to make me useful,  and used it well 19 years.) Very grateful for their volunteer service…. 75% of firefighters in the US are volunteers serving the rural areas. May they all stay safe. 🙏

Onward into the tasks of the day! 
Maureen

• Like 34

Good morning from a cloudy central Texas where it is 53F and feels like 53F.  The humidity s 90% and the dew point is 51F.  Our high is predicted to reach 66F this afternoon.  Like @Cruzin Terri Terri, our cleaning lady will be here today, and she'll start as soon as I finish here, get dressed and get started on the house.  🤣  If I finish in time and have any energy left, the yard will get mowed one last time.  Otherwise, I'll leave it to my neighbor who takes care of the yard when we are away.  If all goes as planed, this will be the last time this year I clean the house and mow the yard.

French is popular, but I have never really cared for it.  I wish pneumonia was easier to treat and that more people would get the vaccine.  Happy Hour sounds good.

I have heard the Mel Brooks quote before, and I think it was meant as a tongue in cheek way to describe comedy.  That being said, I wish he'd used a different example of comedy.

The soup sounds good for another day.  We'll pass on the drink, and I would like to try the wine.

We were scheduled to visit Havre-Saint-Pierre in 2019 on Veendam's TA.  However, the weather that day was too foggy, windy and wet to allow us to tender.

The introduction of the WWW opened the world to many people, and allowed us to have this Happy Place each day.  It's too bad some misuse it.

@marshhawk Annie and @catmando Chuck, welcome home.  I hope your time in Rome and your cruise was all you wanted it to be.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, welcome home.  I hope you and Bill had a great cruise.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, please wish your DS a HAPPY 49TH BIRTHDAY for us.

@kazu  Jacqui, I love the picture of Ivan in bed with his toys.  I think he needs a bigger bed, though.  😉

These may not be new, but they are not yesterday's memes.  🤣

354243312_218639601002161_4968643840453317428_n.jpg.94a8819e0488531da099b4e09b6e1bd7.jpg

355698618_658365159660237_4962900522303242746_n.jpg.161634d1c2c27646957ccae8184b80bf.jpg

357074840_604346718465413_2050649170873314334_n.thumb.jpg.1c27a84f6cf62d43eec9477ef6cc7853.jpg

358711211_770784208384032_3217693621292053125_n.thumb.jpg.92690521f42cebe2c0de11ec8b26f972.jpg

360105702_179270815145549_6429842419340954037_n.thumb.jpg.40a5fc1c7df236f583ee5980810e7ae7.jpg

360108053_653821850111315_2189837016533939913_n.jpg.779fdc560910882576219e77acf903f5.jpg

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 23