Monday December 4th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is International Cheetah Day, International Day of Banks, and National Cookie Day

I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own. - Les Dawson

Meal Suggestion for today - Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
Drink of the Day - Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve Old Fashioned
Wine of the Day - Réserve des Vignerons Saumur Blanc
Destination of the Day - Oranjestad, Aruba Dutch Antilles

Today in History:
1619 38 colonists from Berkeley Parish, England disembark in Virginia and give thanks to God. Considered by many The First Thanksgiving in the Americas.
1791 Britain's "The Observer" is first published, the oldest Sunday newspaper in the world
1943 MLB Commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis announces any baseball club may sign Negroes

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Belize City eta 12-05

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California08 Dec 10:00 - 18:00 eta 12-05

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida12 Dec 07:00 - 15:00 eta 12-10

Oosterdam

Puerto Montt, Chile 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 09:00 - 17:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 12-09

Zaandam

Manaus, Brazil Amazon 10:00 - 05 Dec 15:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Takoradi, Ghana eta 12-06

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Melbourne, Victoria Australia eta 12-06

Westerdam

Probolinggo, Java Indonesia 07:00 - 15:00

1204World.thumb.png.03e944b04909c8c5a8d54f493bfe089c.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 18

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Ger_77’s friend Wayne hospitalized with heart issues

Superoma’s good friend Dena hospitalized with a foot pain, ?vasculitis

Heartgrove and DW Sue recovering from Covid

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Damage to grapau27’s property due to water main break

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & photo shared!

Rafinmd safely home

Cruising sister’s hand healing and DB’s foot healing well

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam Dec 5 to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez

6 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

6 days for Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

6 days for POA1 (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) Eastern Caribbean

6 days for Lindaler (Volendam Dec 10 to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage- 

Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America), RedNeckBob(Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B PC Sunfarer + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 27
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's snowing!  Bertie and I will head out for a walk soon.  I baked cookies yesterday but I need to bake more, it's a good day for it.

Amusing quote.

I'll pass on the meal, but the drink and wine sound okay.

Aruba is beautiful.

Prayers to everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a great day.  Stay safe.

• Like 33

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports and Daily.

The clear up team after the burst water pipe have finished and have done a great job power hosing our front and clearing several drains of sand and pebbles.

3 interesting days.

Les Dawson was a brilliant comedian.

I worked in a bank for 3 years after working for 1 year in a Travel agency after leaving grammar school.

Interesting food and drink today.

We had an enjoyable day in Aruba on our cruise on Crown Princess in January 2007.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a lovely day.

Take care and God bless.

• Like 32

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Ger_77’s friend Wayne hospitalized with heart issues

Superoma’s good friend Dena hospitalized with a foot pain, ?vasculitis

Heartgrove and DW Sue recovering from Covid

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Damage to grapau27’s property due to water main break

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & photo shared!

Rafinmd safely home

Cruising sister’s hand healing and DB’s foot healing well

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam Dec 5 to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez

6 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

6 days for Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

6 days for POA1 (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) Eastern Caribbean

6 days for Lindaler (Volendam Dec 10 to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage- 

Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America), RedNeckBob(Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B PC Sunfarer + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

Thank you for your excellent work on our lists Vanessa @JazzyV.

The workmen have been here this morning and cleared our front drive and garden and cleaned several drains that were blocked with sand/ gravel debris from the water pipe leak on Friday.

I hope you are feeling a lot better today.

• Like 25

Good morning. @seagarsmoker Best thoughts on upcoming job interview. Well, my body keeps me challenged for going on our cruise. Yesterday, my lower back muscles decided to act up so I’m pretty slow on the move. Give it a few days and I’ll mend. Best to get it out of the way. It has been quite awhile since it has flared up.

We watched the latest Tom Cruise Mission Impossible movie last night.Always a challenge to keep up with plot.

We have two large bags filled to the brim ready to ship in advance. Reality is starting to set in. We are trying to go on a long cruise.

Have been to Aruba enough times that we would consider just staying on the ship.

Thanks Rich and here’s wishing you all a great week. Bruce

image.jpeg.b0ab353e19dfdb72fe00dee50bfd9cb1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5da8aca22066483639b3d9c5471e419b.jpegimage.jpeg.c9686b0bd5f1623ae72c0cacb0d53b49.jpegimage.jpeg.275dcc83048a23128794b6b5dbf4453f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5ddbbe6631fd8790fb60694e199fe795.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ede09a840ce953278f3a22f603ea670b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.957a3bb1f5b1c834d5ece8d4a00196e3.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 22

Good morning Daily-ites 

On our way to HMC this morning on beautiful Rotterdam,  day 11.

We had window washers yesterday and about 1 am we heard the banging on our unlocked divider door. Sent a message thru Navigator but didn't help my sleep! 

Gerry I was never able to catch up with @Himself

Last night Canaletto was not serving food (embarkation day) but they are there to offer water, bar, coffee.. We had the steak dinner. (Ok) then headed to the Mariners reception. Goodness there was a nice showing of Mariners, and the wines and champagne flowing.

I may get off the ship after breakfast and see if there's anything I missed from last visit.

Prayers for Murphy, Vanessa, Sue, Dena, Roy, Wayne, Sandi's family/friends, and my personal prayer book. 

We just spent an overnight in Aruba last week and unless something changes won't visit again this cruise.

20231127_110936.thumb.jpg.25341932f54f5ad3d336d6a639f5302a.jpg

I believe I'd like to try today's soup and will look forwarding to Ann's wine description.

Graham I'm hoping all comes together on your damages. Please give a hug to Pauline, I'm sure she may need one!

Take care dear friends and have a happy healthy week. God bless!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting and one I think I’d like.  Over the weekend we made final payment on our March cruise.  DH finally packed for next week’s cruise. For some reason he was packing for an 11 day cruise. I think he counted the holiday weekend once we are home. I hope everyone has a good day.

2013 San Juan.
0D3A2160-705A-48D4-A9D7-F8B5E774303B.thumb.jpeg.e937e6190284f47c5ae453e5db0c36c3.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  Today it is 43 and will be 66 and sunshine later.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.

It seems we have some sort of leak in a water pipe which has resulted in a wet ceiling in DH's downstairs Study.  We're moving as many furnishings as we can out of the room right now.  We thought we heard a faint slow but steady drip above our heads so turned off the water in the house and drained the pipes at the lowest level of the house by running the wet bar faucet.  Next we will call a trusted plumber to come figure out what is the problem.  Above the room is a bathroom seldom used and next to that bathroom is a laundry room and another guest bathroom.  There is no water problems upstairs in those rooms.  However I did do laundry both Saturday and Sunday.  We don't see any leaks at all upstairs.  So it must be in the walls or drain pipes.  Sounds like we're going to have some holes cut into the Study ceiling and a lot of work ahead getting the household back to perfect.

Well, today sounds like a good day for Cookie Day!  I could use something to bolster my spirits after the latest disheartening discovery.  Also a nod to cheetahs and banks, though in my household it should be National Plumber Day.  Meh to the quote by Dawson, no thanks to the soup, drink or wine.  Nice days in history with the black players joining the teams, Britain's oldest Sunday newspaper, and the 1619 first thanksgiving.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports for us today.

Prayers for all on the Care list, those in Israel and Ukraine as well as hostages taken, and for my DB and friends in need of them.  Congrats to all on the Celebration list especially the cruisers!  Hope you all have a wonderful time!  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for your continued work on the C&C lists.  You are a wonder!

Our port of the day is Oranjestad, Aruba.  It was our port before on April 6, 2021.  I'll post that link next.  We have been there about 3 times and I had some photos posted last time so will repost them.

DS says he and Colton's Dad drove to South Bend, Indiana Saturday and went to the soccer game between Notre Dame and Indiana and it was a lot of fun with good spirits by all in the crowd.  Lots of IU people came up for it.  Colton has committed to attend Indiana University so this was an interesting game for both families.  I heard Ren called Colton after ND won and razzed him good naturedly about it.  The Dads had a good time and I suspect there will be many road trips for them in the future to see their sons play.

In other news there is a huge soccer "showcase" for all the young players in Phoenix this week, so the FC Dallas team will be flying there this afternoon.  DDIL is on the same plane as the team.  DS is flying to Phoenix from Detroit today for the week.  This is more of a talent scout look at the players than a true tournament.  Some of the players are already committed to play for colleges but some are not and the younger ones certainly aren't.  Should be fun for all!

Well, hope you all have a good day.  I really hope DH and I don't have a very bad day, and the leak can be found and fixed without tearing up our entire house!  Anyway, stay safe and well!

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve Old Fashioned cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts gala apple infused Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon
3/4 part cinnamon Simple Syrup
Fee Brothers™ barrel aged bitters
Garnish with Orange Slice
Garnish with Whole Star Anise

Instructions
Add all ingredients together in a rocks glass and stir. Add ice and garnish.
*If you don't want to infuse the bourbon: In a shaker glass muddle several slices of apple with bourbon. Stir briefly with ice and strain into glass and continue preparation.
*Simple Syrup Recipe
Combine equal parts of sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar is fully dissolved. Allow to cool before using in cocktail.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 7.05.55 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 14

Happy Monday! Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly today but no precipitation expected. Working from home today on some video projects and starting a new class so getting ready for that. It is a smaller class which is fine. I have two others starting in the next few weeks. 

I am very excited as I booked a cute little hotel in Quebec that is close enough to the port and the wonderful sites of Quebec. My sister and I decided that we are going to have lunch in all of the ports that we visit. We want to try local foods. Looking forward to a 10-day cruise. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

@seagarsmoker sending positive thoughts for your interview. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.cb76c0511d131e3ec340f06842e25e89.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Our trips to Oranjestad, Aruba were in 2006 (Crown Princess, 2016 (Westerdam), and 2019 (Rotterdam).  Imagine my surprise when I read @VMax1700 was in Aruba on March 18, 2016 on Oosterdam!  We were there the same day on Westerdam.  Here is a photo of the two ships together.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The one on the left is Oosterdam

Wish we'd known you then @VMax1700 as our Daily friend!  Anyway, we enjoyed watching the parade go by.  Actually we were there when they were setting up.  The classic car parade was a favorite.  We saw two of those light blue Thunderbirds that day and were amazed this small island had duplicate Thunderbirds.

Liked the motorcycles too.

I took a photo of this car because my first car was a 1968 Camaro, though it was a Rally Sport and not an SS.

Getting ready for some marching and playing.

We saw this pelican, and I noticed a big iguana in the upper left of the photo on a rock, trying to blend in.

Onward in our exploration.  This is City Hall.  It formerly was owned by Dr. Eloy Arends, but was sold to the government of Aruba in 1986 because his heir (son Jesus Arends) could no longer afford the maintenance.  It was restored in 1997 and converted into City Hall.  Pretty striking building IMO.

We were first in Oranjestad in 2006 when we took our DD along on a Crown Princess cruise.

That trip she did a little souvenir shopping for her kiddos.  If you can't find it here, you can't find it anywhere!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Yesterday’s afternoon storms cleared out the oppressive humidity. Hopefully it is gone until next year. We did not get the huge downpours & T’storms that folk just North of me did, but we at least got a gentle rain. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. I noticed that you said your MRI results should be posted early this week. Do you know how to read an MRI?  I have never had one, and do not know what the results look like. It is a picture? I pray the results help find a solution to your pain.

Gym, Bindi walks, chores - lots of them. Just a normal Monday. 

IMG_2127.jpeg.c8d2269e0760e90f1a154728207bd8cd.jpeg

IMG_2118.jpeg.276f4b3a06ac5d98950c0ba67e480403.jpeg

IMG_2125.jpeg.b0ebedce817b42125fd75d719cb2d8ef.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those suffering from debilitating pain and conditions. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @rafinmd Roy, hope your first day home was wonderful.  @grapau27 Graham, how wonderful of you to provide refreshments to your work crew!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Réserve des Vignerons Saumur Blanc

This Chenin Blanc from the Saumer region of the Loire Valley is more full bodied than many & I would love to try it. Widely available with a price that makes it easy to try. Online prices start at $9.99.

Distributor notes

The Reserve des Vignerons range offers great value for money. Made with 100% Chenin Blanc grapes this has a lovely floral nose with fine apple fruit in the mouth, and a very pleasing finish. White Saumur is made with the Chenin Blanc grape, one of the most versatile and classy of all white varieties in the right conditions. The Loire Valley and Chenin are made perfectly for each other; the cool climate and consequent high acidity bring the very best out of the variety, in contrast to many New World countries where it is overharvested and literally too thin.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, richwmn said:
Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida12 Dec 07:00 - 15:00 eta 12-10

Thanks for the Daily Rich! The NS is scheduled to be here on Sunday the 10th. I'm expecting a slightly late check in because it's her first US stop, but if we can't board until the 12th, I'll be doing a "Live From" Port Everglades. 😉

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve Old Fashioned cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts gala apple infused Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon
3/4 part cinnamon Simple Syrup
Fee Brothers™ barrel aged bitters
Garnish with Orange Slice
Garnish with star anise

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 7.05.55 AM.png

I seldom drink mixed drinks (scotch rocks is my drink) but I can report that this is very good. I had it yesterday. It was a “gift with purchase” single serving attached to something else I bought. It tastes good and even smells good. 

Edited by superoma
Spelling
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich

& thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie

Good collection of days!  Cheetahs are amazing and so beautiful.  I have to celebrate Bank day since I was a banker for decades.  LOL on the Dawson quote.  I’ll probably pass on the meal suggestion today.  I made some oyster stew last night so will probably have the leftovers tonight.  Ohhh that looks like a white wine today 🤞 Like many we have visited Oranjestad a few times and enjoy it.  Pretty spot.

IMG_1268.thumb.jpeg.00a5926f2796b1a0063c414f98d0b6e7.jpeg

Great days in history - in particular the admittance of African Americans to play baseball.  Long overdue and the game has been much richer with their contributions.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.  Can’t stop it so might as well say it.  Snowing since last night and it’s here for the day, I think.  Looks my new plow service will be put to the test today.  So, since it’s snowing I think it will Christmas wrapping & finish the cards today along with other stuff.  Hopefully it won’t be slippery for our walk.  I’ll be waiting until the roads have had a few passes. 😉 

IMG_1764.jpeg.d74c7343a6951e9c7e8a4c1656afcf7c.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1761.jpeg.3350325e0f8880324b00f86893fc8293.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone.

• Like 30
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

I have an interview this afternoon for a new job. 

Best wishes for your interview today 🤞 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1