Shiprocked Cruise (Magic) collided with the pier in Ocho Rios

matymil

Due to strong winds the Carnival Magic (which is currently hosting Shiprocked) collided with the pier in Ocho Rios. Nobody was hurt but apparently it's affecting a portion of the ship. This happened while their were docked so many guests are still off the ship. According to someone on the sailing, they have to get the guests Montego Bay to get back on the Magic. 

received_1632339930904946.jpeg

received_925262319239317.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow! Hopefully it's minor damage. Those guests will be in for a shock when they get back to port and see no ship.  I hope they can locate and get them all to Montego Bay asap.

• Like 2

My husband is on that cruise and is currently at the port in OR. The captain is attempting to line up the ship at a dock recently vacated by a Costa ship. Fingers crossed that they will be successful and everyone can get back on board without incident. 

IMG_7552.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We just got off Magic Sunday.  They started setting up for the concert Saturday afternoon. (emptied Lido pool, setting up stage, chairs, etc.  Hopefully the ship has only cosmetic damage, if any at all, and the ship can dock safely at new dock.  

• Like 1

Just got the word that my husband is back on board, so things seem to finally be moving. According to the update that was recently sent out, they are docking overnight in OR and GC is canceled. 

image000000.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

looking at the damage it will buff out since its mostly paint scrapes. the bigger damage is internal with the hull dented and banged up. going to need lots of dent pullers

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

looking at the damage it will buff out since its mostly paint scrapes. the bigger damage is internal with the hull dented and banged up. going to need lots of dent pullers

image.png.59ab2e908d4913f669792a73ca322122.png

Image is not great but that looks a little worse than paint scrapes

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PayneAS said:

image.png.59ab2e908d4913f669792a73ca322122.png

Image is not great but that looks a little worse than paint scrapes

2 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Looks like some holes in that hull. 

2 hours ago, bg2310 said:

Yea, was gonna say, even based on the rather low-res picture we have, doesn't just look like just some paint scrapes to me if you look closely enough.

2 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Screenshot2024-02-06224601.thumb.png.aae8ade2d76f9716bbff5d243499cc5e.png

Now I'm not @chengkp75, but I'd venture to say that ship isnt going anywhere until at least temporary repairs are made and signed off on by the relevant authorities.  Even then they may have to fly passengers out of Jamaica and sail with crew only to whatever drydock can work in a complete repair. 

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Like 2

I am kind of surprised the wind caused the gangway to smash into the ship, or visa versa., as some reported.  It usually seems to be tied up quite securely with the ropes, though we have felt the gangway move/sway at times getting on or off the ship at a port.  That must have been some big wind!  Hopefully the cruise won't be impacted too badly, though they are already missing a port.  Bet they will cancel rest of cruise and limp back to Miami.  Hopefully next cruise won't be impacted.   

• Like 1