The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 17th, 2024

kazu

Good afternoon everyone from the Rotterdam somewhere in the Caribbean.  A very nice ship that we are still getting to know.  We’ve been enjoying Club Orange so far.  Today we are relaxing in our Retreat Cabana that we were lucky enough to snag at the last minute.  

Thanks for the daily updates.  I will celebrate the opposite day today, from digital to analog.  After experiencing a lifetime of going digital I prefer analog.  The meal and drink suggestions sound good.  I have not been to today’s port.  Praying for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events!  Bon voyage to @Nickelpennyand @cat shepard!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from dreary and foggy San Diego.  Disembarking is going slowly.  I'm glad we are not having to catch a flight.  With stops, we have about a five hour drive. Time to leave the ship.

Lenda

Welcome home - Safe travels.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Today is empty out under the kitchen sink in preparation of the plumber coming day. I'm scheduled for sometime Tuesday, but they'll send someone out if they get a cancelation, so I have to be ready. I think the garbage disposal is shot and has to be replaced, but I'll be okay w/a repair job if they can get it running. Based on the serial # it's 8 years old; supposedly should last 10-12 years, so it should not be ready for the recycle bin yet. There's standing water in the sink from running the dish washer that I have to scoop out, too. Ugh.

Ugh - I hope they can repair the garburator cheaply - otherwise a new one is probably better (been there, done that).  Ugh on scooping out your sink 😑. That’s not a fun job 😔 

2 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning to all from the Port of Miami!  It took some doing to get here but I made it!!!  Ground stop in Denver so we couldn’t take off from LAX. 2 hrs late getting into Denver and about 1.5 hrs late getting into Miami. Couldn’t find the baggage claim but finally did. Uber to the port, dropped off my luggage, walked around the port and chilled. Already checked in and now just waiting to board. Group 1!  

Yikes on your flights.  So glad you arrived safely and ready to have some fun on board 🙂 

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from dreary and foggy San Diego.  Disembarking is going slowly.  I'm glad we are not having to catch a flight.  With stops, we have about a five hour drive. Time to leave the ship.

Very safe travels, Lenda.  And welcome home.

33 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I got about 4 hours of sleep. I took Benadryl at bedtime because I'd forgotten Claritin yesterday morning, and my leg was very itchy at the injection site last night.

I hope the day comes when you report a much more decent sleep. 🙏 

33 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

The floors are done and look good. I was able to walk on them to go up to bed last night, but furniture won't come back in until Monday or Tuesday.

Yay 👏 👏 Good luck with your sorting decisions.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Welcome back, safe home.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Take care and have a pleasant drive home.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lcubed said:

Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva

This Cava from Spain seems to be very popular with 4 and 5 star reviews and pairs well with hors d’oeuvres, fish, clams mussels and shrimp. It can be found for about $12.00. I would certainly give it a try.

Winemaker Notes

A noble and austere sparkling cava. Greenish yellow in color with golden glints, it's clear and star bright. A persistent, elegant stream of bubbles rise to form a perfect rosary on the surface. Complex aromas of white fruits with hints of wood. Fresh, well-balanced, and elegant on the palate with an excellent final sensation.

Thank you for “filling in.” 🙂 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Just checking in real quick.

I am in the midst of packing.  Stuff all over the room.

Yesterday we were in Costa Maya and spent the day at Maya Chan.  We had a great time except for the amount of walking we had to do to get to and from the transportation to take us to the resort.

After dinner I was so tired from the whole day that I went straight to bed.  Never touched my Ipad all day.

Prayers for all of you.

i will catch up after we get home tomorrow.

We are on a 1:20 flight on American Airlines out of Miami arriving in Jacksonville at 2:39.  Plan to get in our car and drive home.  Should take us about 2 hours or so.  Plan to stop for some groceries so that we don’t have to go out again.

Will try to post tomorrow evening.

God Bless and stay safe.

Terri

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good sunny afternoon, the snow ended early this morning. Some parts of the county received almost a foot, only received about 2 inches here . Safe travels home for our daily family today. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

...We are on a 1:20 flight on American Airlines out of Miami arriving in Jacksonville at 2:39.  Plan to get in our car and drive home.  Should take us about 2 hours or so...

Safe travels  - welcome home.

• Like 12

Good morning and thanks all!  
Bon voyage @cat shepard @Nickelpenny

Welcome home to the Koningsdam sailors!

RIP Navalny!  

Otaru is famous for sushi, where the chefs go to learn,  beautiful enamelled jewelry boxes and glassware as well as a steam clock.  
Suggest you don’t miss the shuttle, as it’s a very long walk into town and after clearing customs that took ages.   

IMG_1731.jpeg

IMG_1730.jpeg

IMG_1727.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Greetings from the Hampton Inn Downtown in San Diego.  We are staying over a night because the difference in airfare paid for the hotel and then some.  Not sure if it is enough to cover the shopping in Sesport Village or not.  We hit up Crazy Shirts as we love their pants.  Sue got a pair of cinnamon dyed pants and mine are pine dyed.  

Tomorrow is a long travel day.  We don’t get home till 10:50 pm.  I hope the rest of my Koningsdam Dailyites make it home safely.

Hope all of you had a wonderful day!

• Like 20

17 minutes ago, dfish said:

Greetings from the Hampton Inn Downtown in San Diego.  We are staying over a night because the difference in airfare paid for the hotel and then some.  Not sure if it is enough to cover the shopping in Sesport Village or not.  We hit up Crazy Shirts as we love their pants.  Sue got a pair of cinnamon dyed pants and mine are pine dyed.  

Tomorrow is a long travel day.  We don’t get home till 10:50 pm.  I hope the rest of my Koningsdam Dailyites make it home safely.

I love Crazy Shirts! I have a few pair of their shorts. They are so comfortable.

Safe travels home.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning from the Volendam. I am sending a quick picture I got from my niece. I don’t have any details but it is exciting news. IMG_3867.thumb.jpeg.f91e04d2ffb99f6267aac2973b0d617b.jpeg

Oh my, this is absolutely wonderful to see ♥️ I am so happy to see this 🙂 

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Sounds like a good plan to me and hey if there’s shopping you can’t get at home, why not?

Sorry for the long day tomorrow - very safe and smooth travels to you and Sue.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning from the Volendam. I am sending a quick picture I got from my niece. I don’t have any details but it is exciting news. IMG_3867.thumb.jpeg.f91e04d2ffb99f6267aac2973b0d617b.jpeg

Fabulous !!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Best news ever!!

• Like 6

Great to see that travelers are getting where they need to. Good job Pennie!
 Welcome home Lenda and Katherine, all the others! 
Smooth travels to those flying and driving tomorrow. 

Excited to hear Vanessa’s floors are done!! 

Amazing pic of Murphy! Yay! 

Had a laid-back day here and watched a classic movie after dinner which they show on Saturday nights - tonight was On the Town, fun. Then I turned my phone on to see a text that my brother's wife is hospitalized. I texted my niece and she’ll update tomorrow after more tests. Looks very serious but we’ll learn more. 

Moving to the east coast from NM meant I’d be closer to most of my family, and being the youngest I knew it would mean dealing with loss at a closer distance.  Although not everybody gets to be old, the older we get the more we deal with extended illness and losing family and friends. I’ll learn more tomorrow, they’re only about an hour away, but it’s not likely my brother will want us to visit, I haven’t seen him in 22 years though I’ve tried several times, anytime I’ve been in the region. My niece I’ve seen as often as possible and we’re closer, she joins in our cousins gatherings. All I can say is, Families are messy! Maybe some of you can relate. Everybody has their path through life but it sure helps to have some love alongside, especially during the tough times. We’ll see where this all goes. m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good evening from Quartzsite.  We made it home home about 3:15 this afternoon.  With the time difference, it took about 5 hours.  Once we got out of San Diego, it is an easy drive.  Then once home, it was a busy afternoon, but worth the effort.  The suitcases, and everything except what goes back in the motohorme was put away or ready to wash.  In fact the first load of laundry is finished.  The rest will wait until until another day.

A big thank you to all who wished us safe travels.  I know, if I try to name everyone, I'll leave some out.  The good wishes are much appreciated.

I hope Ann @cat shepard and Pennie, @Nickelpenny enjoyed their sail aways, and that they have great cruises.

14 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@JazzyV, Thank you for including Tana on the care list. I am hoping that her latest infection is taken care of so she can be removed from the acute list. 
The latest bump in the road has left her quite weak. We continue to lurch along here. Thank you so much for all you do for us.

Terry, I hope Tana is able to regain her strength.

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hi All,

Just checking in real quick.

I am in the midst of packing.  Stuff all over the room.

Yesterday we were in Costa Maya and spent the day at Maya Chan.  We had a great time except for the amount of walking we had to do to get to and from the transportation to take us to the resort.

After dinner I was so tired from the whole day that I went straight to bed.  Never touched my Ipad all day.

Prayers for all of you.

i will catch up after we get home tomorrow.

We are on a 1:20 flight on American Airlines out of Miami arriving in Jacksonville at 2:39.  Plan to get in our car and drive home.  Should take us about 2 hours or so.  Plan to stop for some groceries so that we don’t have to go out again.

Will try to post tomorrow evening.

God Bless and stay safe.

Terri

Safe travels home tomorrow Terri.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Debbie, I hope your and Sue's long day tomorrow goes smoothly.  Safe travels.  It was fun meeting you, Sue and the other two Dailyites.  I hope we can cruise together again soon.

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning from the Volendam. I am sending a quick picture I got from my niece. I don’t have any details but it is exciting news. IMG_3867.jpeg.ee0ddb57c5fc2885f9a0c6f735

This picture says it all.  Great news, and it proves she is a fighter.

Lenda

• Like 12