The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 12th, 2024

kazu

Good Tuesday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Been up since 5:30 this morning as I needed to get to the lab for so much bloodwork. Couldn't even have a cup of coffee before I left. 

Working on grading assignments today. Hope to get the bulk of it done today. Expecting warmish temperatures over the next couple of days. At least the wind has died down. It was absolutely crazy driving yesterday trying to avoid the recycling bins and trash cans that had blown into the street. 

Thinking of all on the care list. @Nickelpenny so sorry to hear about Martina. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. Happy birthday @Quartzsite Cruiser.

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Office Cat Meme Funny

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good early morning from off the coast of Dominica. Quick check in. I have an early excursion. 

I am in a funk this morning. I received an urgent text from the young man taking care of my cat Martina last night asking me to call. Then another text from his aunt , my friend, that he was trying to reach me. Well the surf internet package doesn’t allow for phone calls I found out because I tried. So I quickly upgraded to the next level and called him. He came to check on her and found she had passed away. Poor kid, he was beside himself. After we talked, he buried Martina in my yard. It really didn’t hit me until this morning and I saw the “monument”. I will miss her 😭

IMG_2928.thumb.jpeg.f38fa4c9495f32a7875ca0eef94395fa.jpeg

Have a good day everyone. 

Pennie

I am so sorry. Even worse that you weren’t there. At wonderful memories help ease your pain. Hugs. 

Ann

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good Tuesday morning and thanks to Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie & Ann. 

Lost my previous post - Grrr so here goes again.  Hurrah for equal pay - we still have a ways to go IMO.  Cheers for Girl Scouts - great organization.  I’m still organizing aka cleaning out DD DH’s home office.  That quote seems optimistic to me.

IMG_2148.thumb.jpeg.0c0bf1e79eb6b036a9aed5903ef00d90.jpeg

We had a lovely week+ in Edinburg but we were there on a land trip, not a cruise.  Sorry but someone else can have my beans and red wine 😉 

IMG_1500.thumb.jpeg.1a16b8acae4b327588507c37c9a91206.jpeg

Another mess here - ice/snow mix.  I am sick of this crappy weather and it’s not ending yet 😔. Of course there’s not enough down for my plow to come but if it’s not cleaned up it will be a real mess when the next mess comes down today 😔. All I can say is that March had better go out like lamb.

IMG_1496.jpeg.849b1e3ad262467f8ccee118604f12b6.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1537.jpeg.9d7dab9eeeda0a552783454f5446acaf.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Haha 7

Good morning, everyone!

We are expecting mostly sunny skies and a high of 67F here in mid-Michigan.  I'll take it!  Nothing on the agenda today except PT.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser and @Overhead Fred's DW Mitzi

HappyBirthday3.jpg.5c829cf7e9e4eba7b892325e0c8f87a5.jpg

@Nickelpenny  I'm sorry for the loss of Martina.  I know she was a good companion to you and will be missed.  

Today's meal has way too many carbs for me, so I will give it a pass as well.  I'm doing salmon on the grill with veggies for tonight.  I do think I would like the jalapeño dumplings.  They sound intriguing.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250669/slow-cooker-pinto-bean-stew-with-jalapeno-corn-dumplings/

pintobeanstew1.thumb.jpg.06b22ff32547f23b1bac29251fc036e0.jpg

This next recipe is an adaptation of the first one done by Kaiser Permanente.  Who knew Kaiser was into cooking?   https://about.kaiserpermanente.org/health-and-wellness/recipes/pinto-bean-stew-with-jalapeno-corn-dumplings

pintobeanstew2.jpg.7b8fee331ae6f3aba5f5018b6a7706fe.jpg

This is a one of a kind recipe and all the others were essentially the same.  I'd be tempted to throw in some bacon or ham for flavor.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 18

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 Crystal World Cruise segment Singapore to Cape Town.  March 12 was a sea day from Singapore to Jakarta:

dawn0312.jpg

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Equal pay has a way to go towards improvement. The Girl Scouts should be celebrated and it is too early to think about the quote.

I have been Edinburgh but not the port and I would love a pot of pinto beans for dinner. 
I heard big trucks arriving earlier today. It is such a narrow street . The street parking is now blocked off with cones. Fortunately we can fit all of the cars in our driveway. I will  be on foot today for errands and I enjoy that. I can walk to the grocery store,drug store, hairdresser and even the eye doctor!

@Cruzin Terri, I hope your Rheumatology appointment goes well and that your friend is doing well after surgery.

@aliaschief, Thanks for the great pictures. 

My niece sent a picture of Camilla cooking with her Dad to cheer me up. She is a really happy child and does everything with gusto.

IMG_8507.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. Equal pay has a way to go towards improvement. The Girl Scouts should be celebrated and it is too early to think about the quote.

I have been Edinburgh but not the port and I would love a pot of pinto beans for dinner. 
I heard big trucks arriving earlier today. It is such a narrow street . The street parking is now blocked off with cones. Fortunately we can fit all of the cars in our driveway. I will  be on foot today for errands and I enjoy that. I can walk to the grocery store,drug store, hairdresser and even the eye doctor!

@Cruzin Terri, I hope your Rheumatology appointment goes well and that your friend is doing well after surgery.

@aliaschief, Thanks for the great pictures. 

My niece sent a picture of Camilla cooking with her Dad to cheer me up. She is a really happy child and does everything with gusto.

IMG_8507.jpeg

It's hard to believe Camilla is so big and grown up already.  Where did the time go?  Thanks for posting it.  She's a beautiful little girl.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good early morning from off the coast of Dominica. Quick check in. I have an early excursion. 

I am in a funk this morning. I received an urgent text from the young man taking care of my cat Martina last night asking me to call. Then another text from his aunt , my friend, that he was trying to reach me. Well the surf internet package doesn’t allow for phone calls I found out because I tried. So I quickly upgraded to the next level and called him. He came to check on her and found she had passed away. Poor kid, he was beside himself. After we talked, he buried Martina in my yard. It really didn’t hit me until this morning and I saw the “monument”. I will miss her 😭

IMG_2928.thumb.jpeg.f38fa4c9495f32a7875ca0eef94395fa.jpeg

Have a good day everyone. 

So sorry for your loss Penny. Please hold on to the great memories of her while you grieve. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Jacqui for today’s FR&D! Roy thank you for our maps. A cool 48 here this morning. My great nephew had to scramble to change his shorts for long pants when he heard the temp. 😎

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. I can barely keep up with me these days. Hoping that you continue to see improvements. 5 hours of sleep is not enough for me. 

Had a chance to peek in earlier while waiting for the bus to pick up my GN. Good use of my time. I have a class today, then a visit to my Sister. I need to gas up at our new Costco. I have now used two tanks of gas since last September. Not too shabby. 

Prayers for all who need our support. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Wakefield Cabernet Sauvignon 2021

This Australian Cab has won some awards and is considered a “Best Buy” by several sites. I used the 2021 vintage because it has a decent number of distributors with online prices starting at $18.00.

Winemaker Notes

The wine has an aroma of rich blackcurrant, subtle spice, tomato leaf and a touch of eucalyptus. French oak maturation is also evident with subtle aromas of cedar and dark chocolate. Great intensity. It has distinctive blackcurrant and cassis fruit flavors. Subtle oak characters of cedar cigar box and spice are also evident.The tannins are fine and elegant – a hallmark of the varietal. The palate is well balanced, complex and fulfilling and lingers on the finish.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 12

Good morning...

Thanks for all of the info shared here.  Haven't been to the port, not sure about the meal today, and I'm not a big wine drinker.  A shout out to girl scouts, our two Grands have been busy selling cookies at the local grocery store.  It was raining Friday night and they sold out of their cookies despite the fact that they were outside selling them.  Maybe the buyers felt sorry for them! 

@NickelpennySo sorry to hear about Martina, remember your good days with her.  

Happy Birthday to @Quartzsite CruiserLenda and @Overhead FredMitzi!  

I have a busy day today, starting with an exercise class at 9!  Haven't been in a few weeks because we were gone on our cruise and then DH has his surgery.  We also skipped a week to avoid being exposed to possible "bugs" before the surgery. 

Now I have to gt back in the habit!  Have a great day!  Karen

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Although I don't have a lot of info about New Haven, we did have it as a port for Edinburgh last summer on the Island Princess. We went to St Andrews and DH decided I needed to see the course that he had the opportunity to play several times.

It is a tender port and is fairly close to Leith where the Royal Yacht is available for touring. Here are a few pictures of the port area. 

Newhavenlanding(4).thumb.jpg.1f6e2e59651cdc2ae689a44eca3f473e.jpg

A lighthouse near the tender dockNewhavenlanding(7).thumb.JPG.f6e6f8d79fc0c89d1242dc80cd9fca32.JPG

The view of the town from the lighthouse walkwayNewhavenlanding(3).thumb.JPG.714d5bf3eac86003d635334032c3bc44.JPG

A few shops near the tender dock.

Sorry, that is all we saw of New Haven, but most everyone went off to Edinburgh or elsewhere, I believe. We did get to drive over the Firth of Forth bridge near Queensferry where most ships dock on our way to St Andrews.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 9

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  It is sunny (sunshine coming down into the "hollar")  42 degrees.  On the agenda today, walk the neighbors dog, and work.  I am supposed to make garlic ginger shrimp with bok choy for dinner tonight, but I am desperate for a sale, and a patron asked if i could call her back at 3:30, and I said yes.  But that is 6:30 my time, so DH might have to do the major prep for the shrimp. Or we can have tuna for lunch, and leftover meatloaf for dinner.

@bennybearYou asked me about how DH's surgery turned out.  Again, they were unable to unplug the artery.  But I would like to talk to the doc, as they simply wheeled him out to the car, and I had no chance to talk with anyone.  Since then, we had the usual couple of days when he was a bit fuzzy and and then he ran out of his pain pills for his cancer, and we had fuzzy and angry.  I wish the doc would tell him to stop eating what he is eating and see if a dietary change would help, but then because his oncologist tells him to eat what he wants, that's pretty much what he does.  He is losing weight at a drastic pace, he is 6'1" and is losing about 5 pounds a week.  His last weigh in, he was down to 166. None of his clothes fit anymore.  They are all falling off of him.

Since I wrote a novel last night on the Daily, I will stop for the day.  I probably was inappropriate again.  Oh well.  Hugs to all!

4wbmai.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5