The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 13th, 2024

kazu

Today is Make Lunch Count Day, National Borinqueneers Day, and Scrabble Day

I do not regret one moment of my life. - Lillie Langtry

Meal Suggestion for today - Swiss Chard Goat Cheese Tart
Drink of the Day - Blackout
Wine of the Day - Dossier 2021 Flagship Index Red (Columbia Valley (WA))
Destination of the Day - Oranjestad, Aruba Island, Dutch Antilles

Today in History:
1742 George Frideric Handel's oratorio "Messiah" performed for the 1st time at New Music Hall in Dublin

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island eta 04-16

Nieuw Amsterdam

Panama Canal 05:00 - 05:00 

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Cobh, Ireland eta 04-17

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Cadiz, Spain, Sevilla eta 04-15

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Volendam

Corinto, Nicaragua, Leon City 08:00 - 15:00 

Zaandam

San Diego, California d2200

Zuiderdam

Maputo, Mozambique 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Pago Pago, Tutuila Island American Samoa 10:00 - 18:00 

Westerdam

Omaezaki, Japan Shizuoka 07:00 - 16:

• Like 17
  • Thanks 22

• kazu changed the title to The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 13th, 2024

Thanks for the Fleet Report. Enjoyed our restful sea day. Tomorrow we arrive in Cochin, India for an overnight and full day. We will have our Azamazing Evening. We skipped the Brunch Buffet in MDR Discoveries and ate lunch in Windows which always has some interesting dishes of local cuisine depending on where we are.

Looking forward to our upcoming visit to Mumbai as they are flying all of us World Voyagers to Agra for what will be a long day visit to the Taj Mahal.  This day trip is offered as part of the World Cruise. Technically free but I’m sure we paid for it with the initial cost of cruise.

Another smooth day at sea but we have not seen much sunshine on this leg.

Have a great day and weekend everyone. Bruce

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Blackout cocktail:

Introducing the "Blackout" cocktail, a tantalizing blend of flavors that promises to make a lasting impression. This cocktail boasts the bold tang of lime juice and the subtle sweetness of simple syrup, perfectly complemented by the botanical notes of gin and the rich depth of blackberry brandy. Served over ice and garnished with a slice of lime or fresh blackberries, the "Blackout" cocktail is a sophisticated libation that's sure to leave a memorable mark on your palate. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply unwinding after a long day, this drink is the perfect way to elevate your cocktail experience.

Ingredients

3/4 oz. lime juice
3/4 oz. simple syrup
1 1/2 oz. gin
1 1/2 oz. blackberry brandy

Directions

In a cocktail shaker with ice, add gin, blackberry brandy, lime juice, and simple syrup.
Shake well until thoroughly chilled.
Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice,, and garnish with fresh blackberries or a slice of lime.

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 6.21.21 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 20

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

A cool 58 this morning with sunny skies and a high of 81 this afternoon.

A good selection of days.

The quote is good but there are a few moments in my life that I’d probably like a do-over, Lillie Langtry must have been a saint.

The cheese tart sounds good.

We have been to Aruba around 7 times on cruises including a 2 day stop on our last cruise about 6 weeks ago, definitely one of our favorite Caribbean islands.

Cruise # 74 is 4 weeks from today on the Enchanted Princess.

Very windy conditions at the Masters yesterday, 3 way tie for first with Scheffler, Homa and DeChambeau all 6 under. I was really surprised that Tiger was able to make the cut finishing at 1 over, you can tell he’s in a lot of pain and he deserves tons of credit for going out there and competing. The guy who needs a gut check is Jordan Spieth whose game right now stinks.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from a cloudy but mild 55°F North East England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet locations.

3 good days.

The quote is true and if only we all had no regrets life would be perfect.

We went to Aruba on Crown Princess on our first Caribbean cruise.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list and condolences to Bruno @atexsix for his sad loss of his dear dad.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Screenshot_20240413_112652.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_112734.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 16

Greetings from Ft. Lauderdale! We board ms Rotterdam today to accompany her back home to Rotterdam, arriving on King’s Day. 

Jacqui, we have a most excellent Meet & Mingle planned thanks to your terrific information. Your time in providing details is most appreciated. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's been very windy here, we'll have to go out and check for any damage when it gets light.  I'll be glad when it's over.   Had some sad news yesterday, an acquaintance has passed away from breast cancer, she was only 46.  She was a lovely woman and will be missed. 

I guess today would be a good day to go out for lunch then play some scrabble.

I wish I could agree with the quote, but I have a few regrets.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  The drink sounds interesting, I hope the wine is too.

We were in Aruba many years ago on a partial Panama Canal cruise.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  Mornings seem to come fast, don't they?  This morning is a chilly 44F but we will have a nice sunny 76F high later on.  Today is officially Garage Sale day in our extremely large neighborhood.  There are lists of homes participating but I saw only one in our "pod".  That couple just moved in a few months ago.  I have no intention of having a garage sale or even shopping at one today.  We have enough stuff as it is.😉  I'd rather take a nap!

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  Interesting that making lunch count is a "day to recognize".  Scrabble is a fun game but I haven't played it in ages.  I looked up Borinqueneers and see it refers to soldiers from Puerto Rico.  Kudos to them for their contributions. (Thanks to Graham @grapau27 who added his information on it while I typed).   I admire the author of the quote for that achievement.  I think I'll just pass on the meal, cocktail and wine again today.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepardfor your reports today.

Prayers for DB, great nephew's twin sons, friends Scott, Susan and Sandy, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our troops at sea and on bases in the region.  Many prayers for our Daily friends in need of them.  Those of you in pain, recovering from surgeries and procedures, suffering loss of loved ones, or with worries and stress.  Extra prayers for Vanessa @JazzyV and Tana.  Bruno @atexsix my condolences on the loss of your DD.  I've been thinking of him lately.  Terri @Cruzin Terri I'm sorry to hear you found the obituary of your friend who passed away several weeks ago.  My sympathy on her loss too.  Sending good thoughts to you Maureen @RMLincoln as you go through final days with your DSIL.  Melanie @puppycanducruise that is shocking and sad news about your friend dying of breast cancer at age 46.  I know she will be missed by many.  So much bad news lately!  Prayers for you all.  🙏

Cheers to our cruisers and all celebrating special events.  🎉🎂🚢  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your fine work keeping the lists up to date.  We appreciate all you do even through your pain and exhaustion.  🙏

Port of the day is Oranjestad, Aruba, Dutch Antilles.  This has been POTD before on April 6, 2021 and Dec. 4, 2023.  Here are your links today.

Hoping you all have an enjoyable day!  Please stay safe and keep well.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DSIL now in hospice care

Passing of Cruzin Terri’s friend Anita (Mar 27), which she just learned about

Passing of Atexsix's (Bruno's) Dear Dad 

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

Those killws in Sydney stabbing spree

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

Summer Slope and her DH recovering from golf cart accident

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s in-utero identical twins

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage AncientWanderer!

Welcome Home Ocean sounds!

Welcome Home SusieKIslandGirl!

Welcome Home Heartgrove’s DW Sue and DSIL!

Cunnorl in Boston for her niece’s bridal shower, meeting family

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim getting a good report from the Neurologist

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for LAFFNVEGAS (Norwegian Joy Apr 14 to Apr 21) 7d Bermuda from NY

Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam to Apr 21) 14d Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), AncientWanderer (Westerdam to Apr 27) 14d Japan Discovery ?+ (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, for Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 16

We have been to Aruba four times.  

Our trips to Oranjestad, Aruba were in 2006 (Crown Princess, 2016 (Westerdam),  2019 (Rotterdam) and 2022 (Volendam).  Imagine my surprise on a previous date for port of the day, when I read @VMax1700 was in Aruba on March 18, 2016 on Oosterdam!  We were there the same day on Westerdam.  Here is a photo of the two ships together.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The one on the left is Oosterdam

Wish we'd known you then @VMax1700 as our Daily friend!  Anyway, we enjoyed watching the parade go by.  Actually we were there when they were setting up.  The classic car parade was a favorite.  We saw two of those light blue Thunderbirds that day and were amazed this small island had duplicate Thunderbirds.

Liked the motorcycles too.

I took a photo of this car because my first car was a silver 1968 Camaro, though it was a Rally Sport and not an SS.  I bought it off the showroom floor about a week after getting my driver's license at age 18.  I was working at Proctor and Gamble and needed a car to get to work in downtown St. Louis.  

Getting ready for some marching and playing.

We saw this pelican, and I noticed a big iguana in the upper left of the photo on a rock, trying to blend in.

Onward in our exploration.  This is City Hall.  It formerly was owned by Dr. Eloy Arends, but was sold to the government of Aruba in 1986 because his heir (son Jesus Arends) could no longer afford the maintenance.  It was restored in 1997 and converted into City Hall.  Pretty striking building IMO.

We were first in Oranjestad in 2006 when we took our DD along on a Crown Princess cruise.

That trip she did a little souvenir shopping for her kiddos.  If you can't find it here, you can't find it anywhere!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Just now, grapau27 said:

Good morning from a cloudy but mild 55°F North East England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet locations.

3 good days.

The quote is true and if only we all had no regrets life would be perfect.

We went to Aruba on Crown Princess on our first Caribbean cruise.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list and condolences to Bruno @atexsix for his sad loss of his dear dad.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Screenshot_20240413_112652.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_112734.jpg

Interesting. Thanks Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy thank you for our maps. I confess to really enjoy your alternate maps, even though they must be so much work for you. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with our happenings. I am also counting down the days until the 22nd. Praying that this surgery eliminates the pain - forever. 

I have friends coming for dinner this evening, so I have lots of chores and preps to add to my Bindi walks. It is going to be another spectacular day here! Hope this year’s fawns amble through for us to enjoy. 

IMG_2706.jpeg.b54969a08bb11633bcd991d7cc27ba4e.jpeg

IMG_2707.jpeg.ffb92be32da6781615480eadbd4ac15c.jpeg

IMG_2708.jpeg.1cf6d495db47fca4f7b30bf0d8692bf8.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. 

@atexsix Bruno, I am so sorry to read that your Dad passed. Don’t ever doubt for a minute that you didn’t do everything possible for him. ❤️

@Cruzin Terri Terri, I was so sad to read about Anita’s passing. Doubly difficult for you since you learned about it by reading her obituary. 

Terry, praying for Tana, her son, you, and your entire families. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Dossier 2021 Flagship Index Red (Columbia Valley (WA))

This red blend is a bit elusive, but if you search you can find a much more reasonable price than the one Wine Enthusiast lists for this Bordeaux style red blend. The best online price I found was $60.00.

Critic’s notes

The ‘Flagship Index’ is mostly Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot with smaller portions Malbec, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc that was stored in 65% new French oak for 21 months before bottle. The nose is incredibly complex with anise and black currant notes alongside milk chocolate notes. The palate is soft and ripe with silky tannins that combine with the gorgeous core of black forest cake, coffee grounds, graphite and sandalwood notes. Powerful and showing good verve, this beauty will cellar well for another twenty years to come. Drink 2024-2040- 95

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

Happy Saturday!  I like today’s quote, “I do not regret one moment of my life.” A bit of information about the woman who said it…Lillie Langtry was a highly successful British actress, a renowned beauty, and socialite of the late 19th century. She was notorious for her long list of prominent suitors. She was the mistress of the Prince of Wales, future King of England, Edward VII. Envied, respected, adored, and lampooned, her fame spanned over half a century. A controversial figure who challenged Victorian society’s attitudes to women, Lillie Langtry was years ahead of her time.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We have been to Aruba four times.  

Our trips to Oranjestad, Aruba were in 2006 (Crown Princess, 2016 (Westerdam),  2019 (Rotterdam) and 2022 (Volendam).  Imagine my surprise on a previous date for port of the day, when I read @VMax1700 was in Aruba on March 18, 2016 on Oosterdam!  We were there the same day on Westerdam.  Here is a photo of the two ships together.

The one on the left is Oosterdam

Wish we'd known you then @VMax1700 as our Daily friend!  Anyway, we enjoyed watching the parade go by.  Actually we were there when they were setting up.  The classic car parade was a favorite.  We saw two of those light blue Thunderbirds that day and were amazed this small island had duplicate Thunderbirds.

Liked the motorcycles too.

I took a photo of this car because my first car was a silver 1968 Camaro, though it was a Rally Sport and not an SS.  I bought it off the showroom floor about a week after getting my driver's license at age 18.  I was working at Proctor and Gamble and needed a car to get to work in downtown St. Louis.  

Getting ready for some marching and playing.

We saw this pelican, and I noticed a big iguana in the upper left of the photo on a rock, trying to blend in.

Onward in our exploration.  This is City Hall.  It formerly was owned by Dr. Eloy Arends, but was sold to the government of Aruba in 1986 because his heir (son Jesus Arends) could no longer afford the maintenance.  It was restored in 1997 and converted into City Hall.  Pretty striking building IMO.

We were first in Oranjestad in 2006 when we took our DD along on a Crown Princess cruise.

That trip she did a little souvenir shopping for her kiddos.  If you can't find it here, you can't find it anywhere!

Lovely photos Sandi.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is cloudy and 47 with wind and rain expected later. The production company has been disassembling their lights and sound equipment since 6 am. The actors kept filming until 2 am as expected. It was  so interesting to watch the many workers it takes to do this sort of thing. We were invited to the fancy ice cream truck last night and had fun talking to everyone. I only saw the “stars” from my window. The teenager told me he would like to do that sort of work as a summer job. We do have a big new studio in downtown Yonkers…maybe he will be able to as he turns 16 soon. 
Thank you Graham @grapau27 for the information about the Puerto Rican vets. I always make lunch count. In my working days, like many of us, I ate on the fly or standing up and had to learn how to be civilized at lunchtime these days. I like the recipe but I am not sure about the others in the group.

DD DH and I were fortunate to go to Aruba twice on a land vacation and we loved it. Thanks for the pictures Sandi. @StLouisCruisers.

The hospice nurse was coming yesterday and the filming halted for her walk down the street to our house. We called the producer so that she could get back to her car without incident. The police car at the top of the hill told her she had to leave her car and walk. He then relented and said he would “watch” the car for her. She thought Tana looked a little better but did not change meds or O2 levels. We are grateful for any positive change these days.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info.

Downtown Aruba on a wet day. When we arrived by boat several years ago Aruba just had 4-6 inches of rain. I put on my snorkel gear and headed to Diamonds International; only store open!

IMG_0531.thumb.jpeg.9a33076e85d7a6d6e2e0f9dd7dfd65e5.jpegIMG_0530.thumb.jpeg.9fe7e1d3d0d3ae2b889e733945279cb8.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, ORTravelGal said:

Greetings from Ft. Lauderdale! We board ms Rotterdam today to accompany her back home to Rotterdam, arriving on King’s Day. 

Jacqui, we have a most excellent Meet & Mingle planned thanks to your terrific information. Your time in providing details is most appreciated. 

Have a great day everyone!

A warm welcome from me in England UK.

Graham.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's been very windy here, we'll have to go out and check for any damage when it gets light.  I'll be glad when it's over.   Had some sad news yesterday, an acquaintance has passed away from breast cancer, she was only 46.  She was a lovely woman and will be missed. 

I guess today would be a good day to go out for lunch then play some scrabble.

I wish I could agree with the quote, but I have a few regrets.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  The drink sounds interesting, I hope the wine is too.

We were in Aruba many years ago on a partial Panama Canal cruise.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

My condolences for the loss of your friend Melanie.

7bd80360fe5c61104d876503ca9dccb7.gif

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1