The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 22nd, 2024

1 hour ago, Niagarawine said:

Need new glasses,and new body parts 

1 hour ago, Niagarawine said:

Hope we meet on a cruise some day

Wait - what - you've not met yourself? 😳 

Or you're hoping to pick up new glasses & parts on a cruise? 🤔That has never worked for me, I tend to come back needing something. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

@Cruzin TerriI am sorry that you had to cancel the trip, but as everyone has said, and you feel,  it was for the best to do so.  There are so many amazing places near you that offer sunshine and beaches, maybe you can take a few days together and refresh your soul.  The ocean is a healer.

DH and I had a conversation yesterday about his health.  He is in pain all the time, and turns himself into almost a ball.  Curling up where he sits, curling his arms in, his hands in, closes his eyes through most of the day.  He is concentrating on the pain, not finding a way to release it.

And then I remind him, when we cruise he is not like this, when we walk in the woods he is not like this, when we are in a different situation, with friends or out to eat, he is not like this.  And it all comes down to attitude.  He knows it.  He knows that his attitude can either help him or end him.  My husband needs to get excited about a future, even if it is just tomorrow.  Now we cant afford to cruise all the time, we cant afford to travel all the time, and if he chooses to sleep until 11 am every day,. then there are no walks in the woods, or lunch out, or evening plans.

I try to make as many plans as I can to get him involved with change.  Change of place. It does wonders.  So I'm going to take a look at the weather this week, and see if Thursday or Friday can be a picnic at the lake in the park day.  There are no waves sounds, but sometimes a half naked kayaker goes by....I digress.....

• Like 22

We’re in Maryland at hotel across the street from the eye surgery center. Yea! No problems really just the usual that makes a 4-hr trip take 5 hrs. The front desk charged the credit card $225 above the confirmed price, the $200 deposit and the $40 parking fee…. guy says check back tomorrow…. like I have nothing better to do tomorrow. 

Hospital changed time for surgery to 11:45, at least I’ll get breakfast!  We’re here and I’m very grateful!  

Terri, you are stronger than you realize, doing what’s very best for you and Jim!  Give yourself a big hug, we’re all with you. 

Annie, thanks for your trust to share your angst. Two things to have to do: breathe in, breathe out!  Again!  🤗. We all want Chuck to feel better. 

Roy, hope your consult was encouraging.  

Gerry, hugs to you too and also hoping for a new path for Maurice soon!  

I confused Mykonos with Santorini this morning. Guess I’m not at my best. Thanks for understanding. 

I’ll update you all, thanks for your support! Maureen 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

@shadow 123 Welcome to the daily!

@RMLincoln Glad you made it safely.  I hope all goes well tomorrow.

@ger_77 I'm really hoping Maurice's surgery is approved and scheduled soon.  I'm pulling for you both!

Kind of a lazy day here with not much happening.  I'm looking forward to some warmer weather so I can clean the deck and patio.  Once they are clean, I will stain the deck and then get some nice furniture for the patio.  I want a conversation set with a fire table.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

@shadow 123 Welcome to the daily!

@RMLincoln Glad you made it safely.  I hope all goes well tomorrow.

@ger_77 I'm really hoping Maurice's surgery is approved and scheduled soon.  I'm pulling for you both!

Kind of a lazy day here with not much happening.  I'm looking forward to some warmer weather so I can clean the deck and patio.  Once they are clean, I will stain the deck and then get some nice furniture for the patio.  I want a conversation set with a fire table.  

Thank you Deb. I was wondering did you enjoy your cruise last year to Iceland? The 25 day cruise. I was on that as well.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon from a sunny but windy day in Wisconsin!  Haven't been to Mykonos, but the look lovely.  

@JazzyVthinking about you today

@Cruzin Terrisorry you had to cancel your trip...you know what's best for you and DH.

@ger_77sorry to hear about your DH...prayers his surgery is approved quickly.

@grapau27Thinking of you as you remember your dear Mam today on her birthday.

@marshhawkHoping your kitties are doing well

@shadow 123Welcome! 

Have fun the rest of the day, especially those on cruises right now!  Karen

Ty

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, shadow 123 said:

Thank you Deb. I was wondering did you enjoy your cruise last year to Iceland? The 25 day cruise. I was on that as well.

We loved it.  We both said we'd do it again.  How about you?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@shadow 123Here too!  We feed everything that arrives in our yard. Except for the lizards.  I let them eat our bugs though.   However I am not sure I want to start feeding an armadillo if it shows up.  They will destroy a house foundation in no time flat. And I am not too fond of the coyotes, as they have taken one of my cats. My neighbor is always scared I will end up feeding the foxes, but they show up in the early morning hours, and by then the possums and raccoons have stripped the feeders clean. This is why if I can get a cat off the street, I will do so.

I'm in the city so we don't see too much of those wild critters thank heavens.

• Like 6

Hi Debbie  - Hope you and Sue are both doing well.   Funny you said you would do Iceland again - Marge and I have said the same thing since we were on that cruise with you.     Funny thing is - Holland had their 1 day deposit sale of $1 this week and we went ahead and booked the 25 day cruise to Iceland on the Volendam 7/12/25.    Now we have something great to look forward to.    Say Hi to Sue.  Take care!
Maryell 

• Like 14

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, dfish said:

In 2017 I went on the 38 day Voyage of the Viking and spent some time in Iceland. Then last year I did the 25 day cruise to Iceland. I enjoyed it.. I just enjoy  cruising.  I love the crew on the Holland America line  .Just great... But Honestly I don't think I'd go back to Iceland again.

Edited by shadow 123
  • Like 10

Early evening check-in

Welcome @shadow 123!  Very happy to have you here, we hope you come often. 🙂  

It's been a nice day, stopped by Total Wine and replenished the wine rack (the wine we had sent from NZ on the cruise takes up another wine rack by itself) 😉  Then bought another Fuschia, and then spent a few hours at DS and DDIL's house.  Funny that the subject of Iceland has come up because DS told us they're planning a trip there to see the eclipse in 2026.  Apparently several neighbors are going and one of them must be like Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser's DH because he has a nice telescope and gets amazing photos.  Anyway, we hope they go, they rarely take vacations.

Very glad to have left overs I can just heat up, will make a salad and we're set.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

• Like 13

Good evening to all of you.  Thank you for all your words of encouragement.

We know we made the right decision and will move on.

Thank you for all your prayers.

i don’t think I have the wherewithall to mention all of you but I appreciate all your kind thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 18

17 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all of you.  Thank you for all your words of encouragement.

We know we made the right decision and will move on.

Thank you for all your prayers.

i don’t think I have the wherewithall to mention all of you but I appreciate all your kind thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

Terri

As I said earlier, I hope you can go in the future.  

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Quick note. I survived. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Longer and more difficult procedure. Just getting home. More tomorrow. 

Glad you are back home.

Now for a speedy recovery!  🙏 

• Like 13

@JazzyV can you train your BFF to be "you" tomorrow?  Or at least update us tonight?  Sorry it took so long, glad you are home, hope all is well!

@RMLincolnSorry I whined.  I know you all love and care for Catmando, it's just sometimes, I go over the edge.

db630ec3bdec1e5045bd95f1d1e14771.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Welcome @shadow 123   My first dog was named Shadow.  

Welcome home @JazzyV  now just take it easy!  May the healing go well! 

@RMLincoln we knew what you meant!  And you had a great excuse!  Praying all goes well tomorrow! 

@kochleffel Happy Passover,  I don’t like ginger beer so I think I’d try your version of the drink. 

@ger_77 hope you don’t have to wait too much longer for good news for Maurice! 

@Cruzin Terri sending lots of gentle hugs!  So hard! 

@marshhawk hugs! Lots of hugs!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3