Favorite dishes in the MDR?

lrk

Hello!  I'm just curious as to what dishes people love on the MDR menu.  I am sure there are some things I have not tried that I should, on my upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pami1968 said:

On my last cruise, I had the Beef Wellington, and I think that is my new favorite, if it is cooked as well as it was that time.

After watching all those Gordon Ramsey shows, going to be excited to give this a try.

Don't have any local restaurants that serve it, one had mini beef wellingtons once as a special and they weren't that good.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

West Indian Pumpkin Soup. I always get 2 big bowls.

This has been a favorite of mine for years, I noticed on the Panorama last October, it tasted just like tomato soup. Was disappointed it wasn't how I remember.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clarasgrandma said:

We really liked the Crawfish Strudel appetizer. The Szechwan Shrimp dish was really good! Our waiter recommended it 🙂.  The Dutch Double Chocolate Pave dessert is my new favorite! 

Crawfish strudel was my favorite.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Pami1968 said:

On my last cruise, I had the Beef Wellington, and I think that is my new favorite, if it is cooked as well as it was that time.

I love the short ribs, but the Beef Wellington I had on the Jubilee is definitely #1 now! 

20240319_182549.jpg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Jed12345 said:

I love the short ribs, but the Beef Wellington I had on the Jubilee is definitely #1 now! 

20240319_182549.jpg

I've seen this on the menu but have never tried it.  It looks really good.   Can you tell them how you want the steak cooked? The above is just a touch rarer than I like.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I've seen this on the menu but have never tried it.  It looks really good.   Can you tell them how you want the steak cooked? The above is just a touch rarer than I like.

The last time I had this, we were given a choice of either medium rare or medium well.  This looks like the medium rare.

• Like 1

DESSERTS!!

Oh how I miss the desserts on Carnival. I switched over to RC a number of years back and although I find the main foods to be pretty equal to each other, Carnival's desserts blow RC out of the water!

I sail Conquest in October and am looking forward to eating nothing but desserts for 7 straight days!! 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The best dish ever doesnt exist anymore. The hen a la diavola from the Seaday brunch menu. It went the way of the dodo bird when they started throwing out the baby with the bathwater to save money after the 'rona. I hope they bring it back one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

The last time I had this, we were given a choice of either medium rare or medium well.  This looks like the medium rare.

Yes, 2 choices only.  This was Med rare, my wifes was Med well and just as tender.

• Like 1

I liked the smore's parfaits. They are gone now. They were pre-rona and short lived. 

I do like several of the Emeril items they've added to the menus though.

The creme in the crème brûlée is good, but the sugar is always too thick on the top.

• Like 1

The shrimp poke appetizer is one of my new favorites. I also like the crawfish strudel app. 

For mains, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Indian Vegetarian dishes! They're something I can't really make at home, and I have yet to have one I didn't like. I also like the crawfish fettuccini, and there was an herb crusted salmon one night that was really yummy!

• Like 2