Favorite dishes in the MDR?

lrk

4 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

For mains, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Indian Vegetarian dishes! They're something I can't really make at home, and I have yet to have one I didn't like. I also like the crawfish fettuccini, and there was an herb crusted salmon one night that was really yummy!

So Carnival still offers the rotating Indian meals in the MDR? I can’t tell you how happy this makes me!! I haven’t cruised in so long I was worried this might have gone away. My absolute favorite!!

4 hours ago, PaddleAddict said:

So Carnival still offers the rotating Indian meals in the MDR? I can’t tell you how happy this makes me!! I haven’t cruised in so long I was worried this might have gone away. My absolute favorite!!

They do! I love them 😍 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikayla73 said:

I liked the smore's parfaits. They are gone now. They were pre-rona and short lived.

I am a fan of them as well.  Just returned from Jubilee.  Though they didn't have them on the menu, they did have them one night at the buffet.  I am not a fan of any of the dessert options now, so I went to the buffet a couple of nights just to see what was offered there.  I am glad I did. They weren't served in the glass like before, but instead you dipped it from a large bowl.  Still very good!

• Like 2

To be completely honest, I am not a huge fan of any of the dining room entrees on the new menu.  Just returned from Jubilee where my wife and I only ate in the dining room two nights.  On Valor back in January, we ate in the dining room all five nights, but I had the striploin steak two nights.  It was okay, but nothing special.  Dining room offerings have really went downhill the last couple of years.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PaddleAddict said:

The menu also describes the dish now as well (eggplant/ chickpea/potatoe), not just the generic descriptor. 

• Like 4

On 4/29/2024 at 7:15 PM, dacsmom said:

Emeril's BBQ salmon on the first night. It is outstanding.

I tried this recently on the Venezia due to all of the people saying how good it was on this site.  Unfortunately I didn't care for it at all - perhaps mine was the off one - but it didn't have much flavor at all and what it did have was kind of 'off'.  Is it supposed to be a sweet/smokey kind of BBQ? That was what I was expecting.

• Like 2

My absolute favorite is the vegetable lasagna! I have never been disappointed with it, especially since they unveiled the new menu (it's even better than before)!

IMG_7195.jpg

• Like 2

After our last cruise on Carnival Horizon, our first with the new menus, my new favorite dishes are the crawfish strudel, the crawfish fettucini, and the chicken cordon bleu.  Older favorites of mine our the chilled strawberry soup and fried tempura shrimp.

• Like 2

Appetizers:

- All the salads

- All the cold fruit soups

- Calamari

Mains:

- Duet of Filet Mignon and Short Rib

- Spaghetti Carbonara

- Jambalaya

- Beef Wellington

- Crawfish Fettucine

- All the salads

Desserts:

- Chocolate Melting Cake

- Bitter and Blanc

- Grand Marnier Souffle

- Cappucino Pot de Creme

- Creme Brulee

- Sorbets

MDR Breakfast:

- Lighter Fare Yogurt Parfait

- Avocado Toast

- Steak and Eggs

- Broken Egg Sandwich

- Bacon

- Hashbrowns

- All the fresh juices

• Like 4

On 4/28/2024 at 8:52 PM, stobe1 said:

The best dish ever doesnt exist anymore. The hen a la diavola from the Seaday brunch menu. It went the way of the dodo bird when they started throwing out the baby with the bathwater to save money after the 'rona. I hope they bring it back one day.

My favorite as well!!  C'mon Carnival bring back the devil chicken!!🥰

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My absolute favorite item was the Roasted Wild Mushroom Bisque. I actually got the recipe from the chef, but have never made it. The recipe makes 100 portions so it would involve much math to cut it down to household size. It also contains 25 ingredients! I have had different mushrooms soup on different ships, but this remains my favorite. My guess is that it isn’t on any of the new menus. 🥣🍄🟫

We loved all the cream type soups in the MDR.  Just be sure to ask for it HOT!

Loved the frogs legs.  I enjoyed the duck rolls but DH didn't.

We loved the beef wellington and the filet.  We also really liked the seafood over the penne pasta with vodka sauce.  Just ask for DOUBLE seafood because they are a little stingy with it.

We also loved the chocolate panacotta but not crazy about the blueberry panacotta.  The tirimisu was great on several ships and really mediocre on others.  I finally ordered a banana split and loved it.