Diamond Plus lapel pin

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Not at all.  If ya just wanna pay postage, you're welcome to ours.  They are indeed a big deal to some, as is readily displayed onboard.  Perhaps I offended you w/ the 'be friendly' comment?  If so, I apologize....just continue on as normal.

Interesting reading comprehension issues.

Let me try again. 
I don’t need your pin. I have mine for years. All except Pinnacle. 

People like their (not yours) pins for various reasons. It seems like some people are upset about it. Quite a phenomenon.

I have our D+ pins and they are still on the cards they came on.  I accidentally threw away our D pins on the cruise we received them. Most people do not wear them, although occasionally we see them.  We're 33 points from Pinnacle and will only wear those when attending an event.  We've always joked that some wear them on their pjs and swimsuits.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, BND said:

I have our D+ pins and they are still on the cards they came on.  I accidentally threw away our D pins on the cruise we received them. Most people do not wear them, although occasionally we see them.  We're 33 points from Pinnacle and will only wear those when attending an event.  We've always joked that some wear them on their pjs and swimsuits.  

No joke, I actually saw one on a swimsuit coverup on Coco Cay. I got a laugh out of that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, BND said:

A bit early but congratulations! Welcome to the Pinnacle Club.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

We're 33 points from Pinnacle and will only wear those when attending an event.  We've always joked that some wear them on their pjs and swimsuits.  

Its no joke, I have had the misfortune to catch a glimpse of the bright gold pinnacle badge right on the front of the tightest trunks I have ever seen anyone wear.

It was on the tiered suite sun deck of Adventure out of Cape Liberty. Still haunts me….

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Ours have 4 microscopic diamonds.🤪 At least I think they’re diamonds, so small I can hardly see them. Now they’re plastic?

When we got ours I couldn't SEE the specks. 🙂 Was in line at the LA desk to complain when one of them caught the light "just right" and I realized there IS something there.

Never worn any of them, just sitting on my dresser mirror. 😞 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RNCindy said:

We got an Emerald pin several years ago! I guess they discontinued them. 

Oh...I didn't know they stopped them for the Gold, Platinum and Emerald levels.  Yet another "cut back" that RCI has brought forth.  😉  

People, you DO realize that when you are up for another crystal block the LA will send you a card asking if you want the block or prefer to decline it?  You check the choice and then you simply drop the card off to the LA's desk.  There is also a drop box there if the LA is not present.  

Obviously you could do the same with the pin.  Return it to the LA with a "no thank you".  

Let the LA keep both to give to pax that actually want them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few people are "complaining" (tongue in cheek) that they never received a pin for various levels. If you truly want one, you can ask the LA on board. He/she will give you one, probably with no questions asked.

We had our diamond pins turned into a pair of cufflinks. Of course, this was back in 2005 when  men often wore tuxedos/formal shirts on formal night so we would be able to use them for every cruise. Needless to say, haven’t worn them on a cruise in many many years.  
m

10 hours ago, fenton04 said:

Diamond plus next cruise.  What to do.  What to do?

Start making guesses what colour (Color) your free bag of laundered underwear will return as?

• Haha 3

What's that called... a Crystal block. The large glass paper weight thing.
I've had one on my desk by the window for a long time. It says "Jewel of the Seas." I don't even remember Jewel.
I don't remember ever being offered a pin, and Mrs. Caver and I are both D+.
I suppose it's possible that she accepted them and filed them away. I'll go axe.
I know I wouldn't wear one on the ship, because it would be too easy to forget it and who knows where it would end up. Plus, I like to mingle with the peasants.
The free drinks loaded on the sea pass card are the only benefit to the tier status as far as I'm concerned. Well, maybe the discount on T-shirts with the RCI logo. We stopped caring about the balcony discount several cruises ago.

OK, Mrs. Caver stumbled out of bed and informs me that yes, we got the pins, she thinks I may have stuck it on my Dr. Grant hat with my Park Service volunteer badge and NSS 30 year membership pin, but it apparently fell off somewhere. I'd kind of like to get another for the hat - kind of like fishing lures. Next cruise, I may see if I can ask for a new one. I didn't know you could do that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, but it's a tiny cheap piece of plastic. Lapel pins are meaningless unless you're Pinnacle

Don’t know about yours, but mine is not plastic. Maybe you are a cheap D+🤣

IMG_2323.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, island lady said:

People, you DO realize that when you are up for another crystal block the LA will send you a card asking if you want the block or prefer to decline it?  You check the choice and then you simply drop the card off to the LA's desk.  There is also a drop box there if the LA is not present.  

Obviously you could do the same with the pin.  Return it to the LA with a "no thank you".  

Let the LA keep both to give to pax that actually want them.  

Pat, thanks for the info. We never received anything from the LA when we hit the 140 mark. I thought maybe when we made D+ we would. Nope.  Maybe when we hit 210. 😉 

I just looked in a small tote we have some cruise stuff in. In a baggie we have 4 Gold pins, 8 Platinum pins, 2 Emerald pins, 4 Diamond pins and 3 Diamond Plus pins. WTH! 😂

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, doghog said:

We never received anything from the LA when we hit the 140 mark.

We hit 140 pts about halfway through our last cruise...on Adventure. Our crystal block appeared in our cabin the day after we achieved 140 pts. 

2 hours ago, Jetdriver787 said:

Start making guesses what colour (Color) your free bag of laundered underwear will return as?

Been there done that.  Freshman in college threw in a pair of black socks with my whites.  Wore pink underwear a whole semester till I got home.  Somehow I survived that.  Keep your eye open for a pink shirt and a NEW diamond plus pin.  Hopefully you won’t miss me.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

We hit 140 pts about halfway through our last cruise...on Adventure. Our crystal block appeared in our cabin the day after we achieved 140 pts. 

We've got a B2B March 2025. I'll stop by the LA desk on that cruise. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, doghog said:

We've got a B2B March 2025. I'll stop by the LA desk on that cruise. 

I certainly could be wrong, but unless things have changed, I believe the blocks are now subject to remaining inventory availability.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tin can said:

Its no joke, I have had the misfortune to catch a glimpse of the bright gold pinnacle badge right on the front of the tightest trunks I have ever seen anyone wear.

It was on the tiered suite sun deck of Adventure out of Cape Liberty. Still haunts me….

Somehow I suspect issue was not with a pin, but with " the tightest trunks I have ever seen anyone wear".

Am I correct?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I certainly could be wrong, but unless things have changed, I believe the blocks are now subject to remaining inventory availability.

I'll ask and if it's not to be...  Maybe another drink each would be great. 😁 Generally we don't save items from our cruises. Tier level pins from the different cruise lines we cruise with, yes. Small and easy to stash. If we did get the block we wouldn't display it. 

Edited by doghog

Posted (edited)

We do not wear pins. They are in our albums about cruising (1 album per approx 10 cruises) together with room keys, programs, tickets and other artifacts. Nobody except us even sees albums usually.

From what I noticed in this thread... people conflate wearing pins with some other issues (or maybe not issues, but what they consider to be issues).

Yes, there are pinnacles who wear pins and behave differently or wear something not up to your liking. There are pinnacles or any other people who do not wear pins and behave differently or wear something not up to your liking. No need to find something weird about people who wear or do not wear pins. There are no connections.  🙂

Edited by Tatka

23 hours ago, RRTcruiser said:

Thank you…. Just finished a cruise that when the points get added in a few days we will be 169 points. The cruise in August will add 16 more points, hence D+ territory post cruise … 

We have always received our pins on the cruise after turning that level.  So you may not get them on the cruise that adds 16 points.

23 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, but it's a tiny cheap piece of plastic. Lapel pins are meaningless unless you're Pinnacle

Pinnacle pins meaningless also, except in the eye of the Pinnacles who proudly wear them 24/7.

• Like 5