Recent apology letter from Princess

@CineGraphic posted about the response to his 2-year old letter to Princess and the embarrassing (for Princess) offer of OBC.

That topic is closed, but I wanted to tell anyone interested that I just got one of those letters.

I didn't send a complaint letter. I DID tell our CVP why we were displeased and finished with Princess. That was about 3 months ago.

The response included this:

As a gesture of our commitment to you and to show our appreciation for your patience, we would like to offer you an onboard credit of $50 per stateroom with us. To make use of this offer, we have already applied the credit to your account. This is just a small part of our efforts to regain your trust and show how much we value you as a member of the Princess family. This offer is available to book online, by calling 866.691.7037 or your travel advisor. The expiration of this onboard credit is May 10th 2025.

The letter came from Alvin Stokes

FIFTY dollars PER stateroom?!!! Thanks a bunch...NOT

• Like 11
  • Haha 7

Thanks for sharing....I think several on here doubted that my letter was real.

Now get ready to be accused of extortion and all other sorts of nonsense from the Princess apologists, and those who insist that they must be much better passengers than we are.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Seems odd they would take this approach.   I suspect many who say "never again" don't really mean it.  The $50 might just edge them to another booking.  Maybe they waited two years to see if folks were serious. 😀   Either way, it is a pretty meager carrot.   

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

@CineGraphic posted about the response to his 2-year old letter to Princess and the embarrassing (for Princess) offer of OBC.

That topic is closed, but I wanted to tell anyone interested that I just got one of those letters.

I didn't send a complaint letter. I DID tell our CVP why we were displeased and finished with Princess. That was about 3 months ago.

As a gesture of our commitment to you and to show our appreciation for your patience, we would like to offer you an onboard credit of $50 per stateroom with us. To make use of this offer, we have already applied the credit to your account. This is just a small part of our efforts to regain your trust and show how much we value you as a member of the Princess family. This offer is available to book online, by calling 866.691.7037 or your travel advisor. The expiration of this onboard credit is May 10th 2025.

That is sad.  SMH

I got one, too. I had submitted a complaint about a malfunctioning elevator (did this while I was on my last cruise in 2022) and was told it was resolved and the elevator was fixed. I wonder if this letter was sent in error?

• Like 1

Just now, skynight said:

$50 FCC is embarrassing. Probably better not to offer anything. 

I didn't even want any money. I just wanted the elevator fixed. I do have a cruise later this year. We'll see if it's applied to my account....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

It looks like they really do have a cold case department!  LOL. But, they are only authorized to give a limited time $50 OBC.

Alvin probably gets paid more than that for each client he brings back from the dead.

Here's clearly not a PCL employee, but just a contractor as some hawk-eyed members noted the format of his email address doesn't match that of real PCL employees.

• Like 3

$50 obc per state room/ cabin is ridiculous in my opinion. Since Princess is not very Solo friendly at the very least offer $50 per passenger in the cabin .

So for those of you that received these letters, what amount would be reasonable to get you to come back to Princess? I have cruised Princess the most, but have not cruised for quite awhile just because… So I’m not necessarily a Princess cheerleader .I’m open to all cruise lines, so I’m just curious. Or would no amount be satisfactory ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

$50 obc per state room/ cabin is ridiculous in my opinion. Since Princess is not very Solo friendly at the very least offer $50 per passenger in the cabin .

So for those of you that received these letters, what amount would be reasonable to get you to come back to Princess? I have cruised Princess the most, but have not cruised for quite awhile just because… So I’m not necessarily a Princess cheerleader .I’m open to all cruise lines, so I’m just curious. Or would no amount be satisfactory ?

I received it and have a cruise coming up this Fall. Had no intention of quitting Princess at all - just wanted the elevator fixed - which they did while I was onboard (it kept closing on people when they stepped over the threshold). I told my daughter she can use the extra $50 to buy something for herself in one of the shops.

• Like 5

Previously when Princess cancelled my cruises I received some Goodwill OBC and my FCD was returned to my account.

My TA on Star Oct 22/25 was cancelled by Princess and I received a FCC $100 & $50 OBC in place of my FCD used to book the cruise. No Goodwill OBC & no FCD.

33 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Alvin probably gets paid more than that for each client he brings back from the dead.

Here's clearly not a PCL employee, but just a contractor as some hawk-eyed members noted the format of his email address doesn't match that of real PCL employees.

I haven't gotten my letter and $50 yet for a complaint I made in 2021.  😄  Get a move on, Alvin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

And this is crazy-- just today, I also got the same form letter, same $50 OBC offer -- for a complaint early last year about being charged $13 for a drink I didn't order on the last day. I think $50 is pretty awesome for that complaint, LOL, but not so much yours.

• Like 4

Just now, moviegal said:

And this is crazy-- just today, I also got the same form letter, same $50 OBC offer -- for a complaint early last year about being charged $13 for a drink I didn't order on the last day. I think $50 is pretty awesome for that complaint, LOL, but not so much yours.

some of my best posts are ... ones I delete before posting, huh?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChutChut said:

I didn't even want any money. I just wanted the elevator fixed. I do have a cruise later this year. We'll see if it's applied to my account....

I suspect most people who offer complaints or criticism don’t want any money. It’s sad that some here approach every one of these situations with the same approach, “Another person trying to make money off Princess” when the reality is quite the opposite. 

• Like 14

Golly gee willikers!!  Am I gonna get $50 for my complaint in the disembarkation survey because I was charged $17.78 for drinks I didn't order in my stateroom??

Ain't counting on it...

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

How about a 1/2 price cruise? I might be able to talk DH into that.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

How about a 1/2 price cruise? I might be able to talk DH into that.

Sorry you just missed the free inside cabin on the Star & Emerald- see my OMG thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

On your previous thread there was some speculation that Alvin Stokes was a name used for AI replies to letters of concern or complaint…maybe that’s true because they all appear to be the same replies & OBC offers. Could that non-standard PCL email go to AI instead of a contractor working on the cold case files.

I’m not knowledgeable about how AI works but sending such emails might be an easy task for AI.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I sent a letter to Princess thanking them for returning traditional dining as an option.  They gave me an Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 2.  

I sent them a letter gently complaining about Customer service and how horrible it is to call with a question.  I gave them examples of 3 different responses.  (Don't tell me to use a TA, you don't know the story).  I got a phone call apologizing and that the suite folks are completely aware of the issue.  $50 OBC is pretty paltry but just in the last couple of weeks,I feel like they are now aware.  

• Like 3