Email From Crown & Anchor

GranysT

I just read an email from C&A, regarding changes to Oasis and Allure. If I'm understanding it correctly, starting in March 2015, they are eliminating the main dining rooms on these ships. Everything will be freestyle. I'm not a fan of freestyle, and liked the option of choice.

I can deal if it's just on the Oasis Class ships, but is this going to become the norm on all the ships? Please NOT.

I just read an email from C&A, regarding changes to Oasis and Allure. If I'm understanding it correctly, starting in March 2015, they are eliminating the main dining rooms on these ships. Everything will be freestyle. I'm not a fan of freestyle, and liked the option of choice.

I can deal if it's just on the Oasis Class ships, but is this going to become the norm on all the ships? Please NOT.

Not Freestyle, Dynamic. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They are changing Dinning? When did this happen? 😏

I meant the choice of freestyle (Dynamic) or Traditional dining. Not the choice of when to eat, where. So not a contradiction.

I agree and certainly understand your meaning...

Are reservations a "must" for this new DD :confused:....If so I'm not excited about this change either and hope it won't become fleetwide.

I'm just getting used to the great option of MTD after all the years with traditional dining....

Perhaps it's just the feeling I have against changing something that isn't broken...I tend to get comfortable with things...and the reason I don't sail other cruiselines.

There are many threads about Dynamic Dining. The Oasis will implement DD in March, I believe, and the Allure after drydock in 2015.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

I'm sensing some sarcasm in the post you quoted, considering it has been all over the boards!

Just give it a chance.Im sure you will like the change.How people say they don't like something before they even try it baffles me.Lots of things are changed even if they aren't broke.Its what keeps companies relevant.A year from now there will be no more threads on this subject because most will love it.

We were on the Oasis last April, and the Allure last week. Loved the Oaais, not the Allure. There was no service in the Windjammer buffet, was totally disorganized. Bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo, not with the other fruit. It was a disaster. I hope they do a better job in their new endeavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on the Oasis last April, and the Allure last week. Loved the Oaais, not the Allure. There was no service in the Windjammer buffet, was totally disorganized. Bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo, not with the other fruit. It was a disaster. I hope they do a better job in their new endeavor.

While I would agree that the Windjammer buffet is not "the best" on Oasis or Allure, was "bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo" REALLY a disaster?

:eek:

Bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo, not with the other fruit. It was a disaster...

Just a note as to why they were separated and not with the other fruit: apples and pears give off ethylene gas, which makes other fruits near them ripen more quickly and spoil sooner. At home, my bananas are on the counter while my apples, kiwi, peaches, etc are in a fruit bowl on the table. Gotta keep the bananas away from the other fruit. :)

While I would agree that the Windjammer buffet is not "the best" on Oasis or Allure, was "bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo" REALLY a disaster?

:eek:

I think on my next cruise when I play trivia, my team name will be "Bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo"

Disaster? Not really. Now this would be a disaster:

Bananadog_zps8e023e61.jpg

Edited by Big_G

Just a note as to why they were separated and not with the other fruit: apples and pears give off ethylene gas, which makes other fruits near them ripen more quickly and spoil sooner. At home, my bananas are on the counter while my apples, kiwi, peaches, etc are in a fruit bowl on the table. Gotta keep the bananas away from the other fruit. :)

I forgot to say:

Karen, you are a font of knowledge and wisdom!!!!!