Anyone else over the ''lawn'' and what should replace it.

dolittle

Just got off X and am so over the lawn It was a good gimmick at first but it has worn off. The grass did not look great and a lot of it was roped off . Very few people were using it and it seems like a waste of space to me.I must say I kind of drew a blank on what would replace it , hope you guys have some good ideas.

A private pool and bar area for the suites. Or a private pool area and loungers at extra cost for the chairs hogs.

I don’t really care as we usually sit on the balcony that we paid for. Don’t t see the fascination about laying around the pool when I can look out at the ocean.

The grass never was area that I utilized becasue there were too many other areas that were available.

Happy cruI sing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We play bocce several times each cruise and would miss the lawn if removed from the S Class ships. I wouldn’t miss the Hot Glass experience on the ships that have it. Would prefer changing to a food venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t really care as we usually sit on the balcony that we paid for. Don’t t see the fascination about laying around the pool when I can look out at the ocean.

100% agree. I'm always surprised at how many people want to sit at the pool. You can't get a better seat than a balcony. And I know many are inside cabins and that I understand. But to leave my balcony, with room service to go to the pool..... Nope.

And back to topic. I wouldn't miss it at all. There is really nothing to draw me up there.

enjoy

100% agree. I'm always surprised at how many people want to sit at the pool. You can't get a better seat than a balcony. And I know many are inside cabins and that I understand. But to leave my balcony, with room service to go to the pool..... Nope.

And back to topic. I wouldn't miss it at all. There is really nothing to draw me up there.

enjoy

When you are at the pool you can jump in the pool, besides I like to people watch

Just got off X and am so over the lawn It was a good gimmick at first but it has worn off. The grass did not look great and a lot of it was roped off . Very few people were using it and it seems like a waste of space to me.I must say I kind of drew a blank on what would replace it , hope you guys have some good ideas.

I agree. Also I note that Equinox is slated to have Alcoves added after its drydock.Here's hoping they're something better than the current edition on Reflection.

If you look at illustrations of EDGE you will see the rooftop garden. As ships are going in to be remade in the EDGE image, I would guess the lawn is being replaced by gardens.

Make the gardens big enough and they can save on food costs.

I am from the North, so I have seen enough brown dry grass with staff struggling to keep it green and healthly.....soooooo..I would love to see a herb garden with gravel pathway surrounding planting. (this way you can get down and personal with the plants!)

Add 'info cards' name, history and uses (cooking & traditional uses thru history).

Great if X would use herbs in their cooking. And also outstanding opportunity to be able to touch, smell and learn about the plantings.

I was drawn to Celebrity by the S Class and there is one feature that defines the class and makes it stand out from every other cruise ship at sea- the Lawn. I liked the innovative idea of it in photos but fell for it when I first experienced it on Silhouette. The Sunset Bar is my home on the S class and there I can sit and sip and look out at the sea over the grass without people in the way. I have enjoyed acoustic concerts at night on the grass, cool under the feet, with people lit by battery candles and an open view to the sky provided by that lawn space.

I've enjoyed the Officers vs Pax bocce ball tournaments on a sunny day.

I've seen a wedding taking place on the grass with the Captain officiating.

I've eaten at the Lawn Club Grill on Silhouette and Reflection and enjoyed the open air dining

with the lawn as an illuminated backdrop. There are only two ships at sea that can offer that to me. I'm a grass-hugger. Keep the uniqueness.

I see no need to remove the lawn and definitely not to replace with more suites benefits-I have only sailed as a Suite passenger on X so far and have no complaints whatsoever.

Edge class is almost here and that looks like another thinking outside of the box design exercise I am keen to try. The S class should stay as it is as should the M Class and thoughts of Edging the entire fleet seem a bit premature as the Edge hasn't even hit the water or shown itself to work under 24/7 use. Variety is the spice of life and 3 distinct X classes might appeal to a lot more people, while maintaining premium pricing for the new class as the ships roll out.

Norris

Would the pool not interfere with the buffet below? On the Edge this area is at the front.

It might not necessarily be the pool, the retreat area could be several areas.

I would just like to see some deckplans of the ships being done soon. Would like to perhaps see where things are for booking purposes.