Anyone else over the ''lawn'' and what should replace it.

dolittle

I love the lawn, especially on Equinox. The alcoves block the entire view and destroy the feel. I also think the Hot Glass Show is unique. I do think they need to have more things like wine tastings, music, etc. up there during the day/evening.

At night there's nobody up there, so it's a great place to lay and look at the stars. You really get a sense of how big the world is and how small you are.

I must be one of the few, but I can take it or leave it. I often find it too windy up there, but do enjoy the Sunset bar at times. It always seemed like wasted space. There are very few events scheduled up there. I suppose that it's a nice place to sit and relax at times and is mostly quiet....wait...I guess I do enjoy it after all!

I would like to see X transform the lawn into a public park with comfy chairs where I can sit and read while also being able to see the ocean. I would also like to see this area used routinely for events. (Concerts, star gazing, magic shows, etc) A good landscaper should be able to create a design that would minimize wear and tear

I would like to see X transform the lawn into a public park with comfy chairs where I can sit and read while also being able to see the ocean. I would also like to see this area used routinely for events. (Concerts, star gazing, magic shows, etc) A good landscaper should be able to create a design that would minimize wear and tear

Lovely idea...like the Rooftop Garden

We used to love the indoor Conservatory on Celeb ships with the comfy benchs, plants, nice pathway It was located right outside the florist and candle store it was a small area of tranquility at sea.. They removed it all to make a restaurant..typical!

We used to love the indoor Conservatory on Celeb ships with the comfy benchs, plants, nice pathway It was located right outside the florist and candle store it was a small area of tranquility at sea.. They removed it all to make a restaurant..typical!

I enjoyed the conservatory too. It never seemed to be used much. Most people seemed to walk through it on the first day and move on. But I was there a few times during a cruise to get away.

I also remember how the current X-Club used to be a music-listening tower. It was innovative for its time, but now can be entirely replaced by a simple phone app.

A private pool and bar area for the suites. Or a private pool area and loungers at extra cost for the chairs hogs.

I don’t really care as we usually sit on the balcony that we paid for. Don’t t see the fascination about laying around the pool when I can look out at the ocean.

The grass never was area that I utilized becasue there were too many other areas that were available.

Happy cruI sing

Love that idea! Michaels is very nice, but someplace with light and a view and air would be so much nicer!

I enjoyed the conservatory too. It never seemed to be used much. Most people seemed to walk through it on the first day and move on. But I was there a few times during a cruise to get away.

I also remember how the current X-Club used to be a music-listening tower. It was innovative for its time, but now can be entirely replaced by a simple phone app.

Yup...

Maybe the Conservatory concept was a pre cursor to Cental Park on Oasis and now Eden and Rooftop garden..

, They also had a nice golf swing analyzer up on that Conservatory deck staffed by a golf pro who also organized port golf outings...long gone!

Hey maybe they could do a mini golf area up there...family fun!

Over the ‘lawn’? Nope. enjoy it and think it’s very nice to be up there and also look out at sea and feel the sea breeze while on the lawn. Very relaxing and enjoy it. Whatever would be added would be something to increase income is my guess, so I’m all for leaving it as is.

Den

I remember that little area on the Infinity when she was newer, like walking into a gorgeous little flower sanctuary... I really can't picture what it was replaced with, but it was a lovely little space.

I'm hoping that the public lawn areas don't disappear, it's a wonderful space to play bocce or enjoy a little wine picnic at sail away, something truly unique to the S class ships.

I can remember being in port next to a Royal Caribbean ship & a Carnival with giant screens, slides, & booming sound in a port shortly before sail away, us, sitting in lounge chairs near the lawn, ready with our little glasses of Sangria, & thinking, this is why we're on this ship, & not the ones surrounding us. :)

I agree. Also I note that Equinox is slated to have Alcoves added after its drydock.Here's hoping they're something better than the current edition on Reflection.

This is ridiculous....in all of my time spent on the S Class ships, I have never seen more than several occupied.

I like the lawn and find it soothing to sit and look out over it toward the ocean. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of taking what was once a public area and making it exclusive only to suite guests.

I second that, its a lovely space to relax and watch the sea.

100% agree. I'm always surprised at how many people want to sit at the pool. You can't get a better seat than a balcony. And I know many are inside cabins and that I understand. But to leave my balcony, with room service to go to the pool..... Nope.

And back to topic. I wouldn't miss it at all. There is really nothing to draw me up there.

enjoy

Opposite here. We don't go on a cruise to sit on the balcony and get room service. You can get that with any hotel with a view. The ocean doesn't change much except an occasional passing ship. (Retired Navy here so the ocean is not a big deal I guess). We like to socialize and meet and talk to other people and participate in activities around the ship. When we do want to relax and unwind, we like to sit by the solarium and read our kindles and people watch.

As far as the lawn is concerned, we've only been on one Celebrity cruise so far and it was a short one so they didn't have any activities on the lawn. It was not a draw for us as we have a lawn at home (LOL).

I guess that's what's good about cruising. There is something for everyone.

If the lawn is changed to a rooftop garden it would probably generate revenue through food and drink. The garden on EDGE has also changed the alcoves to a better location.

So far as losing public space to suites, keep in mind the current suite locations were retrofitted to existing space. Michael's Club was changed from a brewpub and Luminea was carved out of the MDR. With the budget "X" has announced, I can't see them being able to tear the ships apart to reconfigure them. Other than changing the style of staterooms and public areas and replacing some restaurants, the only change to suites I can see is renaming Michael's Club "The Retreat" and making it brighter and more modern. So far as Luminea, I don't know if they would do a remodel so soon after initially building the restaurants.

I remember that little area on the Infinity when she was newer, like walking into a gorgeous little flower sanctuary... I really can't picture what it was replaced with, but it was a lovely little space.

I'm hoping that the public lawn areas don't disappear, it's a wonderful space to play bocce or enjoy a little wine picnic at sail away, something truly unique to the S class ships.

I can remember being in port next to a Royal Caribbean ship & a Carnival with giant screens, slides, & booming sound in a port shortly before sail away, us, sitting in lounge chairs near the lawn, ready with our little glasses of Sangria, & thinking, this is why we're on this ship, & not the ones surrounding us. :)

Agree about a nice space to enjoy, sea, sun and stars.

I believe Deck 11 had Q sine on Infinity. It was really fun with great food...but I miss the flower shop..elevs go right up to it..Guess it will turn into Le Petit Chef ...

Just got off X and am so over the lawn It was a good gimmick at first but it has worn off. The grass did not look great and a lot of it was roped off . Very few people were using it and it seems like a waste of space to me.I must say I kind of drew a blank
Edited by muffin1327
Not making sense