No Water on Navigator and No Precautions

Currently aboard a charter cruise on Navigator.

No water out of taps, showers or toilets earlier today.

Came back temporarily but now off across the ship.

No water to wash anything in bars.

No water in any public toilets AND NO HAND SANITISER PROVIDED.

Now seen 2 bar staff go the toilet and unable to wash hands.

Perhaps Royal Caribbean have never had this happen before as they clearly have no clue what to do to ensure guest and crew safety.

I dread to think how they are washing and prepping food without water.

Hopefully it will be fixed fairly quickly and they will begin a ship wide sanitising procedure.

How terrible for you :(

I don't think I have ever read anything similar ever happening on here before and its certainly nothing we have experienced on a Royal cruise before.

This has to be a major issue that could affect continuing the cruise. Hopefully everything gets sorted.

On the TA last week there was one night with no water, for several hours. Came back running brown from the taps but cleared after about a minute. Given it was the middle of the night it wasn’t really an issue.

There was plenty of sanitiser at the entrance to the restaurants though all cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The water shut down on the TA was a maintenance shut down there was a notice sent With the compass just before the shutdown took place The stateroom I was in had no hot water in the tap for the rest of the cruise after the shutdown.

Water back on in our cabin but toilets still closed across ship.

Just departed Bilbao which does seem strange if there is a sanitation issue.

Hope cabin water stays and the rest is fixed.

Doesnt alter the concerns about hygiene across the ship though.

Hope it get's sorted for you soon but apart from the water issue how's everything else on Navigator?

We're on from 3 June.

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Forums mobile app

This is a charter cruise. Back to the 80s. The music is fantastic. The entertainment is being organized by the charter company.

It’s a different experience to a ‘normal’ cruise.

The ship and crew are great.

You will have a great time. Enjoy your cruise.

Cheers!

This is a charter cruise. Back to the 80s. The music is fantastic. The entertainment is being organized by the charter company.

It’s a different experience to a ‘normal’ cruise.

The ship and crew are great.

You will have a great time. Enjoy your cruise.

Cheers!

Sounds fantastic, just my age group too. I was wondering what kind of charter it was and was thinking maybe one of the alternative lifestyle ones that happens on Navigator occasionally.

Enjoy the rest of yours too. So looking forward to going.

We had no water/toilet use in our cabin for the better part of the evening (7 or so hours) on a recent cruise. I learned many in our corridor were effected . We were also told that someone put clothing ( a sock) down the commode. Wonder if that is a company line when there is an issue. Seriously, who puts clothing down the commode?

M

Have you never had a toddler? Just saying. In any event, I’ve seen people post that they bring their own toilet paper because what the ship provides is not soft and fluffy. There’s a reason for that.

We had no water/toilet use in our cabin for the better part of the evening (7 or so hours) on a recent cruise. I learned many in our corridor were effected . We were also told that someone put clothing ( a sock) down the commode. Wonder if that is a company line when there is an issue. Seriously, who puts clothing down the commode?

M

umm..kids. the young toddlers who don't know any better and the obnoxious teenagers who think they are being funny.

and drunks.

people also bring their own TP that is not rated for on board plumbing. or flush unflushable stuff like diaper wipes , lady part stuff and the like.

I can comment on the things my plumbers have roto-rooted out of the vacuum toilet lines: face cloths, hand towels, bath towels, dinner napkins, swim wear, and the ever popular ladies underwear. When there is a noro outbreak on the ship, there is a spike in clearing clogs from underwear (I'll leave it to you to figure out why). Have also had a pair of disgruntled employees feed their entire uniform down the hopper (actually quite impressed that they could do that) after being fired. I had a block of 6 pax cabins without toilets for 3 days as my guys tried to root out what turned out to be a swimsuit from a particularly difficult location to get the snake into. This is quite common on ships, and all in a plumber's day's work, unfortunately.

And while, yes, things like facial wipes, baby wipes and the like are not to be flushed, and cause frequent blockages, I will again dispel the urban legend of the "marine toilet paper". Marine toilet paper is designed for small boat sanitary systems, and is designed to disintegrate almost immediately to keep from clogging the pumps and valves that are part of these boat systems. Vacuum toilet systems, as used on cruise ships, conversely, require that the "product" from the toilet bowl have some ability to form a consistent "plug" to enable the vacuum to move the "product" down the pipe (or in some cases, up the pipe). The toilet paper provided on the ship is not any special type of toilet paper designed for the vacuum systems. It is the cheapest toilet paper available, since the ship goes through tons of it. I've worked on vacuum toilet systems for over 40 years, and I have never seen a clog caused by "improper" toilet paper.

All back to normal now.

The lack of sanitiser was in public toilets.

Quickest way to spread an outbreak with crew and guests unable to wash after using the loo.

They did have it outside food places but Ive NEVER seen a crew member use those things.

Fingers crossed that there is no outbreak as zero signs of a good clean of handrails etc.

On the subject of the Music Charter.....

The company organising it (cruiseco) are a joke and their national sales manager hasnt an ounce of customer service ability in him.

This company runs these music cruises in australia - so just dragged a selection of artists from there.

Worst rod stewart tribute ever, a tina turner tribute who didnt sing simply the best, groups formed in last 5 years doing 70s music (on an 80s cruise), another doing 60s music and the list goes on.

It is a real shame as we have amazing tribute bands in the uk so no need to fly them in from down under.

Gangsters Ska band have been the best so far - british too.

The company organising it (cruiseco) are a joke and their national sales manager hasnt an ounce of customer service ability in him.

This company runs these music cruises in australia - so just dragged a selection of artists from there.

Worst rod stewart tribute ever, a tina turner tribute who didnt sing simply the best, groups formed in last 5 years doing 70s music (on an 80s cruise), another doing 60s music and the list goes on.

It is a real shame as we have amazing tribute bands in the uk so no need to fly them in from down under.

You have got actual artists playing too though haven't you?

We have friends on the cruise and they've posted pics of Tony Hadley, Kim Wilde and Martin Fry playing on stage with Go West still to come. They are having a great time.

Julie

I thought you said the public toilets were closed.

All back to normal now.

The lack of sanitiser was in public toilets.

Quickest way to spread an outbreak with crew and guests unable to wash after using the loo.

They did have it outside food places but Ive NEVER seen a crew member use those things.

Fingers crossed that there is no outbreak as zero signs of a good clean of handrails etc.

Here's a helpful hint, since we are on a crappy subject. I like to use those wipes when i do my business. Now i know they can't go down the toilet, no matter what the package says. And i would never put soiled wipes in garbage for room steward to clean. So i bring a bunch of paper paper bags. The kind you put your lunch in. I put my used wipes in there and toss that in my garbage. A little more discreet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Saw a post on another cruise board for Allure where a few guests were adamant that the toilet tissue sounds "inferior" and they will be bringing their own. No one was able to convince them that this would create problems. Their response, "too bad. My vacation. I don't use bad tissue." When your tush is that sensitive, choose a land based vacation. The plumbing on the ship can't handle it and you end up causing grief for everyone down your hall and causing a whole lot of nasty work for the crew.

Saw a post on another cruise board for Allure where a few guests were adamant that the toilet tissue sounds "inferior" and they will be bringing their own. No one was able to convince them that this would create problems. Their response, "too bad. My vacation. I don't use bad tissue." When your tush is that sensitive, choose a land based vacation. The plumbing on the ship can't handle it and you end up causing grief for everyone down your hall and causing a whole lot of nasty work for the crew.

Please see my post #17. As one of the few people on CC who have actually worked on, repaired, and cleared clogs from vacuum toilet systems, especially those on cruise ships, I will repeat it again, and despite wanting to, I won't YELL, I'll just bold it: There is nothing special about the toilet paper supplied by cruise ships, and there is no toilet paper available to consumers that is detrimental to vacuum toilet systems. Lots of people claim that the only thing they've ever flushed was toilet paper, when in fact we find otherwise when we roto-root out the clog.

Here's a helpful hint, since we are on a crappy subject. I like to use those wipes when i do my business. Now i know they can't go down the toilet, no matter what the package says. And i would never put soiled wipes in garbage for room steward to clean. So i bring a bunch of paper paper bags. The kind you put your lunch in. I put my used wipes in there and toss that in my garbage. A little more discreet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Save yourself the trouble. There is a pile of paper bags for disposal of feminine hygiene products in every bathroom.

This is a beta test by RCI to see if they can make potable water a surcharge you can buy pre-cruise on Cruise Planner. The regular package allows you to flush. The deluxe package includes water in the sink. The Royal package includes the first two, water in the shower, and a wristband to swipe for entry into the public restrooms.

This is a beta test by RCI to see if they can make potable water a surcharge you can buy pre-cruise on Cruise Planner. The regular package allows you to flush. The deluxe package includes water in the sink. The Royal package includes the first two, water in the shower, and a wristband to swipe for entry into the public restrooms.

And both passengers have to purchase the same package. No sharing.