Will I be busted like a scene in Miami Vice?

Notonboard

So I recently started taking vitamins. I have about six goodies that have really helped me. My question is do I have to fly and cruise with the vitamin bottles?

The port handles drug security. So if it's legal stuff that doesn't drive the puppies wild, you have nothing to worry about.

I just put mine in baggies and have been fine. I also figure if there is ever an issue I'll just gladly surrender them and move on (assuming, of course, you're not talking about super expensive vitamins -- if so, I'd take the bottles). Also, with the caveat that the federal government (i.e. Customs & Border Protection) still considers marijuana and related products to be controlled substances.

"What about hemp? I think you should ask the DEA or Customs. Any comments here are just opinions of the poster. If you want to take that chance and possible miss the cruise because you in a room with DEA or Custom, until they make a determination as to whether its legal or not.

Legally, any controlled substances must be in original containers. Other prescription drugs can be carried in any container that suits you, but in an emergency you'll want to have a list of all medications, strengths, dosage, etc. Remember that you may not be able to convey this information, and your family may not know it. OTC vitamins are not regulated--you can put them in any container you wish.

When flying within the U.S., I have not bothered to take my vitamins in their original bottles. I did when flying internationally. I figured there is the possibility of extra scrutiny when arriving in a foreign country.

I take more than 20 a day and have yet to have a problem .

Same here - 20-25 supps a day and they're in a pill case. Have never had any issues with TSA. Will be flying to Prague in September and Rome next March - will rethink it then.......

Same here - 20-25 supps a day and they're in a pill case. Have never had any issues with TSA. Will be flying to Prague in September and Rome next March - will rethink it then.......

I gotta ask: whats the mindset behind so many? I have been on Rx meds since I was 5 and any chance I get to reduce the number of pills I take I jump on it. other than my Immunosuppressant and happy pill, my supplements are limited to Calcium( I am an old female who just had a hip replacement) and Vitamin D.

I just cannot fathom taking ACV and St John's Wort and collagen and (the list goes on) especially the ones that say take 3 with every meal.

In most countries you will be okay with most vitamins and OCT drugs. However you need to be careful in some countries such as the UAE. Different regulations. Some of what we consider common meds are banned there. On a cruise ship only your embarkation and disembarkation ports matter.

In most countries you will be okay with most vitamins and OCT drugs. However you need to be careful in some countries such as the UAE. Different regulations. Some of what we consider common meds are banned there. On a cruise ship only your embarkation and disembarkation ports matter.

Tell that to the people that have been busted after the Bermuda police dogs sniffed around on board the ship.

No, your vitamins don't need to be in the bottles. Neither do any RX's that aren't "narcotics". This is for the Caribbean. Some middle-eastern countries have VERY strict laws (that commonly make no sense whatsoever), so you must be care when you go there.

Hemp and its derivatives (like CBD) are still listed as a schedule I drug in the US. This means it is illegal to cross state borders, even between 2 legalized states. So yes, it is illegal to take it on a cruise.