Main Dining Room lunch and breakfast

Snowbaby369

All of my cruises have been with RCCL and we have never been asked for our room number, when we reserved dining for the MTD they asked for our card but we normally do the traditional dining. I highly doubt that you will be asked your room number, I honestly can't remember a time where I have been asked for my room number. Not sure what other cruise lines do but like I said we have always sailed with RCCL just so you know.

Pure speculation, but it could be so if you order a drink/anything that costs extra they don't have to bother with getting your card/room number in the middle of service and disrupting the flow. I think it's a good idea to do that, if they don't already.

Pure speculation, but it could be so if you order a drink/anything that costs extra they don't have to bother with getting your card/room number in the middle of service and disrupting the flow. I think it's a good idea to do that, if they don't already.

Yes, I was just going to say that- some people will have a Buck's Fizz or mimosa, perhaps, or a speciality coffee?

I've never been on a cruise where they ask for your room card during dinner when you get a drink, they always ask for it at the end of the meal.

I've never been on a cruise where they ask for your room card during dinner when you get a drink, they always ask for it at the end of the meal.

They def asked for mine during the meal/right after ordering on my last cruise on Royal.

We've been asked for room number at dinner if we use Anytime/My Time Dining - some cruise lines won't admit people who aren't signed up for it. We've never, however, been asked at breakfast or lunch unless we were ordering a beverage that costs extra. Actually, if we're ordering a beverage, they want the 'folio' or account number rather than the room number.

On Grandeur in August they asked cabin number when arriving for MTD without a reservation. Easy way for them to learn your names.

Of course, when you do have an MTD reservation, they want your cabin number to show the reservation having been seated.

And when ordering drinks that were extra, they took the Sea Pass card on the spot to charge, and brought it back with the drink.