Wine glasses from steward?

msmayor

Taking my first Celebrity cruise in October and will be bringing the permitted two bottles of wine on board at embarkation.

Will the stewards be willing/able to get me two clean wine glasses or should I ask at one of the bars?

If you want glasses for immediate use or sail away and you may not have seen your steward yet and they may be busy at that moment....on your way to your cabin just stop at any bar and ask for a couple. After that you can ask your steward to replace them daily.

If you want glasses for immediate use or sail away and you may not have seen your steward yet and they may be busy at that moment....on your way to your cabin just stop at any bar and ask for a couple. After that you can ask your steward to replace them daily.
I would just rinse them after use

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

We requested an opener years ago on a cruise and they added a $15 charge on our bill so we now bring our own. On the first day when the room steward introduces him or herself we request 2 wine glasses and ice in the room daily. We reward him with a nice tip at the end of the cruise.

We requested an opener years ago on a cruise and they added a $15 charge on our bill so we now bring our own. On the first day when the room steward introduces him or herself we request 2 wine glasses and ice in the room daily. We reward him with a nice tip at the end of the cruise.

That's a bummer! Especially because the ones that Celebrity and RC provide suck. We've still got a couple Celebrity and RC corkscrews we've never used or bring but we weren't charged for them either. We always carry a corkscrew with a small foil cutter in our first aid kit for just in case.

Did you have them open the wine in a public venue? If so, they charged a cover charge for the wine. We've never been charged for the use of a cork screw in our cabin.

To borrow a corkscrew or to buy one...?

More Modern luxury...

We bring our own if we bring wine onboard and usually find the wine glasses in the room with the Welcome Aboard bottle ...

Thank you all.

We're booked into a C1 aft on deck 8 of the Summit, and with us being eligible for the 'Welcome Aboard' bottle of sparkling wine I had thought they would be in the room, but reading that the bottle isn't usually in the room at the time you board made me think there would not be any glasses. We'll certainly check and then see about getting them if needed.

Very right on the corkscrew. We were on a land trip to Sedona this past March and visited a number of wineries, purchasing some bottles to enjoy back at our hotel...and we completely forgot about needing a corkscrew. We ended up buying on at a local store and now pack it in checked bags when we travel.

Of course, a lot of the wines we enjoy are screw-top. Those are the easiest to bring on board.

Thank you all.

We're booked into a C1 aft on deck 8 of the Summit, and with us being eligible for the 'Welcome Aboard' bottle of sparkling wine I had thought they would be in the room, but reading that the bottle isn't usually in the room at the time you board made me think there would not be any glasses. We'll certainly check and then see about getting them if needed.

Very right on the corkscrew. We were on a land trip to Sedona this past March and visited a number of wineries, purchasing some bottles to enjoy back at our hotel...and we completely forgot about needing a corkscrew. We ended up buying on at a local store and now pack it in checked bags when we travel.

Of course, a lot of the wines we enjoy are screw-top. Those are the easiest to bring on board.

We're aft deck 8 on Connie soon. If the bottke is not in cabin what do you do??????

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

We're aft deck 8 on Connie soon. If the bottke is not in cabin what do you do??????

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I've read here that you can just ask to have it delivered when you want it.

If it's not already there when we board, we'll likely ask for it on day 2 or 3 to be delivered in the afternoon so it can chill, and we'll enjoy it before dinner.

I know it's not expensive champagne, but it will be nice to enjoy something bubbly with a few pre-dinner snacks on our wonderful aft balcony.

I see there is mixed answers here. We sail on Celebrity most of the times, and we always order a bottle of Champage. There will be a bucket with the bottle, 2 glasses, and some appitizer to gor with. Last time choclate strawberries. The glasses were ours to take home. No charge!

C5fKZzZPlmh85oygUK-9owVNynRFO0xjrfal6kPSlVGgqmTtQln9btjCgFXD0PUjUMoO7D4EVlK_3yNS412S3qtwEwzUWEaWZef_oBL9Y_DRIJq8AeWjcS54n0pICLjxxp680wBPnzwfCgMIVCoBufhrMe0rk3PUhi9n5STh97sju554Hz6nbllGUGDYX3_DJNMAX4MBaR8JUQY4YFy759sDaKiwgMx1vEpqH7hY-aIQOAz6uakWDJN3JTQcjL8qVipRBqWG5xL-k_QBV7mWFdlzMGqySNo9Lb0tHPPHfXnY1ckGPKzWaqLY6NUfp6DCcDHcc3iBm4RYfh1BYNPpn-6D_6tSHu5X2SmrCPlzGwgRibmk0V0UXN-SOVik-9Wrprr2cBtpPhYBop1vrP9tYXjBrd8o6tUkrbo0QQOK2r6g_3-lZIKoif2Ec2esF4Sy0wXp9_sLwAmkrTrlXJ7m4G9geZnMbt-8iYmGKZLeaF7fW4tS1doL-F0Cigk38j7ct8bv6gjfK06_2iIMnHQyVHEAcTIaUzBcy1EYQShxQCUgd5zKp6MsupgY7YnAM241anyrVpbPgwaLJojmxiBFykiFd3an1ieiTxBkpeQ=w632-h947-no

the wide variety of experiences is just eye opening, even to me. Our experience, when in C or A cabins is the sparkling wine is either in your room when you get there, or will appear before dinner that night. If you find your cabin attendant, you can ask. When we have brought wine on board (seldom), we have asked to borrow a corkscrew and one just always appears...not a good one, but usable. Given the wines we drink, I am not fussy about wine glasses in our cabin....if they aren't there, we ask the cabin attendant and they appear quickly. I will admit that if I have to drink the wine out of a water glass, it doesn't bother me...we aren't talking about great wines.

BTW...although this thread is on wine glasses, I'd just mention that if you do have a cabin that gets complimentary sparkling wine, you can ask your cabin attendant if they could exchange it for red or white. Some will, some say they can't do it. No Problem. You can also ask the somellier in your dining room if they would help you exchange it for a bottle of wine and they most often give you a credit for $28 towards another wine....bring the sparkling wine the next night. (hint: if you are going to exchange it, take it out of the ice when you get it...so the label doesn't fall off). Hope this all helps someone.