Princess website is horrible

twentyknots

Trying for past 2 days to see what's available for Hawaii next year. Slow, unresponsive at times. I give up. Thought we'd Princess a try. Well, on to Holland and Celebrity.

There are a lot of complaints about the Princess web site.

Have a great cruise. I love cruising to Hawaii.

By the way, I just went to Princess.com

• Under "Plan a Cruise" I clicked on "Find Cruises."
  • On the left side of the screen I clicked on the "Destinations - Any" box.
  • A drop-down menu appeared, and I clicked on "Hawaii"
  • On the right side of the screen, under "2019" I clicked on "Jan." "Feb," "Mar," "Apr," "Oct," "Nov" and "Dec"
  • I clicked on the "View Results" button.

I was presented with 20 cruises of 4 itineraries.

It couldn't have taken more than 20 seconds.

Hi,

The Princess website may not be perfect, but I think it is MUCH better than the Celebrity or Royal Caribbean websites. As a frequent user of all three of these websites, Princess is by far the best.

Chuck

While acknowledging that their are many things I would improve on the Princess website, the ability to search for available cruises, especially if you have a date and or destination in mind is relatively simple. Under find cruises you can specify, date, length of cruise, ship, destination, start or end port, etc, which will then bring up cruises which fulfill those criteria. Here’s a tip, do not double click as that second click will close the box up. Sometimes I get antsy & if I click again it defeats everything.

Trying for past 2 days to see what's available for Hawaii next year. Slow, unresponsive at times. I give up. Thought we'd Princess a try. Well, on to Holland and Celebrity.

Sorry, but you have got to be joking even thinking the X website will be better :confused:. It possibly has the worse reputation on these boards. They keep updating and trying to improve it but they then encounter more issues. I cannot believe how easy the Princess site is to use compared to X’s; I have been able to actually see my reservation and book items precruise, without any issues.

Go and take a look at all the threads over the years on the X board complaining about their IT systems and then you’ll see how good the users actually think it is. Can’t comment on HAL as we’ve never cruised with them.

There are a lot of complaints about the Princess web site.

Have a great cruise. I love cruising to Hawaii.

By the way, I just went to Princess.com

• Under "Plan a Cruise" I clicked on "Find Cruises."
  • On the left side of the screen I clicked on the "Destinations - Any" box.
  • A drop-down menu appeared, and I clicked on "Hawaii"
  • On the right side of the screen, under "2019" I clicked on "Jan." "Feb," "Mar," "Apr," "Oct," "Nov" and "Dec"
  • I clicked on the "View Results" button.

I was presented with 20 cruises of 4 itineraries.

It couldn't have taken more than 20 seconds.

For some people 20 seconds is too long :rolleyes:, they want instant result.

Theo

I've been using the Princess website for a few years and have booked cruises, excursions, specialty restaurant reservations, and ordered special items for our cabin without problems. I can't compare to other cruise line websites, but I find the Princess website relatively easy to use and haven't had a problem with delays.

I just figured out what's going on, here.

The OP is actually a Princess marketing guy/gal. He/she figured that if we all ran off to the web site to see if there was a problem, then, maybe one or two of us might think, "Hmm, a cruise to Hawaii, next January. That sounds good. I think I'll use one of my FCDs and book it."

Whaddaya think?

The OP is actually a Princess marketing guy/gal. He/she figured that if we all ran off to the web site to see if there was a problem, then, maybe one or two of us might think, "Hmm, a cruise to Hawaii, next January. That sounds good. I think I'll use one of my FCDs and book it."

Whaddaya think?

You gave me a good laugh.:D

You could be right.

One of the reasons I choose Princess over Celebrity is that I can't stand dealing with the Celebrity web site. Yes' date=' I've hit times when the Princess site seems to be "down," but overall it is very user friendly.[/quote']

Yep I'd be in this category as well. Celebrity site is a horror and they do nothing about it. If I was the OP I would try using a different browser and see if that helps.

That's funny... ;p

Whaddaya think?

Could be you never know..:):):)

Tony

Yep I'd be in this category as well. Celebrity site is a horror and they do nothing about it.

Not true.

They make changes that make things worse.

One of my favorites is when they changed the display of an itinerary from a vertical listing which fit on one screen to a horizontal listing that required using two to four screens to view it in pieces.

Whaddaya think?

I think this unlikely, they don't need to be as devious as that.