Boarded Spirit Today

Neilio

My wife and I boarded the Spirit today in Copenhagen. The entire Process was seamless and efficient. We stayed at the Skt. Pertri hotel (as did many other passengers) and were transferred in record time to the ship. The transfer departed the hotel (in the city center) at 12 noon sharp. By 12:30 pm we were already checked in and sipping champagne in Dolce Vita. What a start!

Our first Spirit cruise (which was wonderful) was in 2010, and it has even improved since then.

After a delicious lunch in La Terrazza we explored the entire ship. Now we understand what all the Arts Cafe chatter was all about. The space is gorgeous, cheerful, inviting and sophisticated. Also, Silver Note’s redo is beautiful. Photo of both spaces, attached.

This evening we had a lovely dinner in Atlantide. Staff has overwhelmingly (in a positive way) been friendly and attentive.

Our room is beautiful. We are in a mid-ship veranda suite on the 9th floor. Our butler is excellent. He truly wants to provide an outstanding experience for us. And, he is succeeding.

Weather was beautiful today but very cool. Many were bundled with coats. But, all had smiling faces. We are all happy to be onboard this fabulous ship.

As a point of reference this 7 day cruise has 3 casual, 1 formal, and 3 informal evenings. Below are a few photos from today.

We will try to post a few additional photo experiences throughout the cruise. And, I will write more at the conclusion of the cruise.

Happy Sailing

Neilio

IMG_3003.thumb.JPG.0ed1edefb17d608c732e5c9b16654cfa.JPG

IMG_3024.thumb.JPG.688f60d257b1d89c29a42408cca57952.JPG

74814c80c3d4c7b4bc68ecca1e2ec337.jpg

IMG_3052.thumb.JPG.175ece9f26dee40fa340d475d7fd91a3.JPG

90a5a49c2e1114d361ee9d9782f6e21a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I boarded the Spirit today in Copenhagen. After a delicious lunch in La Terrazza we explored the entire ship. Now we understand what all the Arts Cafe chatter was all about. The space is gorgeous, cheerful, inviting and sophisticated. Also, Silver Note’s redo is beautiful. Photo of both spaces, attached.

Appreciate these postings, details and especially to see the various pictures. Keep up the great sharing. It's fun seeing the visuals.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 41,320 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Thanks so much, Neilio, for sharing your first day with us. I know it does take focus and actual time to remember your fans on CC, but we really appreciate when you can post. Spirit looks beautiful after the stretch and refurbishment. Again, thanks for carving out a bit of time for posting on CC.

We disembarked the Spirit yesterday. Loved the Arts Cafe. I am already missing the infused waters and the ham and cheese baguette sandwich. Unfortunately even though we had enough signed up for the meet n mingle, we never received notice of a get together.

Fun day in Copenhagen

We walked in to town just after breakfast today. We were docked about 2 miles away from Nyhavn. Our timing was perfect. As luck would have it, we literally walked in to the changing of the guards at the Royal Residence. We still cannot get over how friendly the Danes are. The police were politely answering questions and keeping everyone orderly throughout “the dance” of the guards.

We stopped in to the Design Museum and my wife was in heaven. Outstanding collections (and good people watching too).

After several hours we returned to the ship (and stopped in to a shop on the way to purchase several different flavors of a local delicacy- licorice). Yum! And it makes for nice gifts, too.

Back at the ship we had a delicious lunch at Spaccanapoli. Thanks to all the others who have posted we were prepared for a pizza-only menu. A way to sneak in our veggies was to be sure and order the arugula topped pizza. We ordered both pies ‘well done’ aka extra crispy. That paired with a crisp white wine and we were happy campers. Photos attached.

This afternoon we went back to the thermal spa and enjoyed a fabulous steaming (but mind you, not too hot) hot tub soak all the while watching a cold rain come down. For those not aware, the hot tub is under cover and is accompanied by lounges. Just steps away- inside are hot stone lounges, and a steam and sauna room. My wife and I purchased a weekly pass to the thermal spa and it comes out to $10 a day per person. The spa on the Spirit only sells 12 of these passes per voyage so it is a pure delight to enjoy the quiet and the lovely amenities.

We had a lovely dinner at La Terrazza. The sunset was bright pink and orange! What a sight to behold over our glasses of Chianti! We shared the ever popular duck ragu pappardelle. I had the Osso Bucco and MDW had the Branzino. It’s easy to request any type of wine. The servers are happy to accommodate any tastes.

We are back in our veranda suite as the ship heads to Visby, Sweden.

I will try to share more travels as the cruise.

Happy Sailing.

Neilio

IMG_3122.thumb.JPG.3037c45ce6c812db81f5722612ec64eb.JPG

a4bdc9566bdb21d227c8ddd214114ed0.jpg

113fe9d33b79db63934adc79674c6df5.jpg

d1bb35668259cc4220c04e60316f5051.jpg

IMG_3179.thumb.JPG.7399181f2f220dbaa3b936ea79add929.JPG

5dc9bd58b8139c39ff6b5e1407c17d6c.jpg

8639e5f9ef1165db1ff35d4e8ebdd57e.jpg

47fb61bd075a0df55e1ddf7c3360864d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We disembarked the Spirit yesterday. Loved the Arts Cafe. I am already missing the infused waters and the ham and cheese baguette sandwich. Unfortunately even though we had enough signed up for the meet n mingle, we never received notice of a get together.

We had that same thing happen to us once, and belatedly found out that the invitation was placed beneath the desk's mat. Hopefully this notice will help others.

Enjoying your terrific posts paired with gorgeous photos--some of the best--we've viewed on this board. Your posts almost put us next to you on board the Spirit--relish/like you wine/champagne selections--Cheers!

Enjoying your terrific posts paired with gorgeous photos--some of the best--we've viewed on this board. Your posts almost put us next to you on board the Spirit--relish you vintage selections--Cheers!

Agreed! Thank you for taking us with you, Nielio!

A Few more picture from day in Visby Gotland, Sweden. We were invited to a wine tasting with new Sommelier. More comments to follow. Everything going great. Just sailing into Tallinn.

Happy Sailing

Neilio

2df0341b87ec2d73efbea59e72e0538c.jpg

b3c3e09c179000bd9c0b1c463803ec28.jpg

IMG_3297.thumb.JPG.521b783b18ed1ecac84db44f6642b72e.JPG

265670e577be8881d5ee5e243ae61e67.jpg

057623256b17e9eaa7d7e887397dc6c8.jpg

59124e0c69277a9373467ba931197315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums