MUTS should be night time only

shofer

Does anyone else hate MUTS in the daytime? It is so loud and hard to see anyway. Drives everyone away from Neptune's Reef pool. On our most recent Grand cruise, more people were in the enclosed pool area even on a nice day.

I would love some peace and quiet or listening to the band play than listening to all the loud sound effects on some kiddie movie.

Sue

... With that said, there are other pool areas that don't have MUTS for those who don't want to be around it.

Mike

I agree with the OP. Passengers shouldn't have to abandon the main outdoor area and flee to peripheral locations to escape mid-day cacophony.

I personally avoid that area during the day. If it's a concert on MUTS, it's too loud. If it's the live entertainment, it's even louder. I do enjoy the movies. There's just too much movement all over the deck and I prefer someplace that's not a continuous direct assault to the senses.

I completely agree. I find it distracting, loud, and intrusive. I'd prefer nothing during the day but music from a band.

And there often isn't another outdoor pool with direct sun to flee to, so simply shrugging and saying there are other pools doesn't help. I have no issues with (24-7, if you want it) MUTS on the big girls; other ships, bad idea to use it any time other than nighttime.

I agree with the OP. Passengers shouldn't have to abandon the main outdoor area and flee to peripheral locations to escape mid-day cacophony.

And people who enjoy MUTS should be able to enjoy it (even if Princess kind of stinks at how to operate it). I was only pointing out that there are other pool area without MUTS that passengers can enjoy the quieter atmosphere.

Mike

And people who enjoy MUTS should be able to enjoy it (even if Princess kind of stinks at how to operate it). I was only pointing out that there are other pool area without MUTS that passengers can enjoy the quieter atmosphere.

Mike

So put a 46 inch TV by one of the smaller pools and leave the larger pool areas as a refuge of sanity for the majority of people who don't want or need daytime sensory bombardment.

Agree with the original concept... Movies Under The Stars...

Or ... Under the Sun. :)

I don't watch movies during the day, but with 3 other pool areas... I don't see a problem. Why would I want to be in that particular area? :)

I disagree, I love MUTS during the day.

I liked it much better when I was on Emerald in 2008 I was able to watch three movies while spending the day at the pool, a couple weeks ago on the Ruby it was concert, movie, concert, movie. On sea days I prefer movies. I've only enjoyed MUTS on ships with another pool venue that those who don't like MUTS can go to. I guess without another pool as an option it would be irritating if you aren't interested in whats playing.

I'm not a big fan of all the concerts and sports events, but I like the movies. I've been out there during the day and they've had some nature films with mild music. It depends on the day and the ship as to how they utilize it. I love MUTS, but I don't go that much during the day.

I love MUTS at night, not so much during the day. It's not so bad if there are more pool areas, but on our recent Coral cruise there was only one outdoor pool area, so you're kind of stuck.

We don't usually sit right by the pool, though, so it's bearable; I kind of learn to ignore it. They were showing some very lame (to me) concerts and nature films. Also a few sporting events and a couple of old movies. I find it hard to see during the day, and hard to concentrate.

We do enjoy the late night movies.

Leave it as is was designed - Movies Under the Stars." It is extremely annoying and obtrusive during the day. And while the quality of entertainment is subjective, I can't see why they would show the animated stuff they do with the volume turned up so loud it is impossible to sit and relax anywhere in the central part of the ship. On my last cruise through the Panama Canal I watched one movie at night for the first time in probably 8 or nine cruiises we have been on that had a MUTS screen. I must admit I did enjoy it but definitely not during the day.

I just got off the Sapphire, which just installed MUTS. One of the best uses of it was during our sailing into Ensenada, Mexico. It was a beautiful, warm afternoon when we approached the coastline. I do not know who was in charge of what was being played, but a Naturescape DVD was on and it was not intrusive at all. It was not loud, and actually added to the serene ambiance of our approach. I wish Princess would do more of this sort of thing.

I would agree that Princess does not have a handle on how to use MUTS. Perhaps it is the Cruise Director's domain? I do not know. I prefer it to most pool-side bands I hear, that are usually too loud, and play the same music on all the ships (Margaritaville, YMCA, Celebration, It's 5:00 Somewhere, etc.)

I would agree that Princess does not have a handle on how to use MUTS. Perhaps it is the Cruise Director's domain? I do not know. I prefer it to most pool-side bands I hear, that are usually too loud, and play the same music on all the ships (Margaritaville, YMCA, Celebration, It's 5:00 Somewhere, etc.)

No way to please everyone. But if I'm in the Caribbean or Mexican Riviera, I'll take steel drums and Jimmy Buffet over Tina Turner every time.

The first time I encountered Movies Under The Sun, MUTS, I thought I had accidentally booked a theme cruise for the hearing impaired. The volume was so loud it approached painfull and the sun was so bright I could barely make out what was on the screen.:confused:

I figure the cruise director gets graded partially on the number of activities he/she generates and the MUTSun increases the count. Why else blast a movie that is hard to view in the mid-day sun?

Archived