What ports do you say no thanks ill stay on the ship?

vols_159

San Juan?! :o

My God, that's gotta be my fav port I've already visited. Next time, I'll pass on Ocho Rios. And it's a good thing HAL's HMC has got the free food, because that's one overrated island imo. Sure, the beach's great, but once you've seen it, you've seen it. And the Island's not that big to explore on foot either.

Freeport, Grand Cayman, Ensenada.

Freeport is too far out and to take a tour takes too long and what a dump.

Grand Cayman, we may get off to buy a rum cake, but we have seen everything there, just tired of it. BTW, last time rum cakes were the same price on the ship. There is just more variety on shore.

Ensenada - absolutely nothing there. The only tours available on ship are shopping, wineries, and a small blow whole. What a waste of time.

None. For me the point of traveling to actually experience the places I am traveling to. I do a lot of research and can always find something of interest. I have been to over 50 ports of call, some as many as six times but am nowhere close to bored, or "over" any of them.

Mine Nassau Cozumel. They are on nearly every Eastern or western sailing! Ill stay on the ship!

anything in Mexico. CoCo Cay. will not rush off in Nassau any longer.

currently have no plans to get off in Bar Harbor next month either.

for next spring, Santa Barbara holds no interest and will probably only do a quick walk around Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

We cruise for ports and are always first off and last on the boat. We like hitting local schools, orphanages, parks, street food vendors, local food specialties, hiking trails, breweries/distilleries etc. We avoid all beaches, chain bars and shops or stores.

IF we HAD to stay on board the fake feeling Cozumel would be our pick. 3 cruises and Ensenada & Belize rank in the top 3, along with Roatan for our favorite all time Ports.

Grand Cayman is getting boring after twice, but still have not hit the brewery and Pedro St. James site yet. Two things I need to do.

Samana - pretty much a dump, bad roads if you call them that, been once, why bother. May only get off if we go in January, February and go whale watching.

Ocho Rios - been once, done that.

Overall, we try and book itineraries with port we enjoy and some new ones to enjoy.

Cozumel and any Jamaica port

Early February me and my DW saw armed guards (faces covered) patrolling outside of port on top of a flat bed truck. DW did not want to leave the port shopping area. Next time we will not even get off.

Definitely Nassau. It is just a parking lot for ships and have been there when nine ships were docked. The air reeked of diesel fuel. We've not crazy about any of the western Caribbean ports either. Old San Juan is an interesting city to walk around. We've enjoyed it several times. The harassment in Ocho Rios would keep us on board for sure. Also we are getting tired of Curacao and Grenada. The cruiselines, especially Celebrity need to shake up the itinerary a bit. What ever happened to St. Barths, St. Croix, Martinique and Tortola? All are nice islands.

Western Caribbean ports - Cozumel, Jamaica, etc. Never again

Our Celebrity Cruise spent a day in Tobago. It was a new port for Celebrity and Tobago - We, and many other passengers did not get beyond the area in front of the port/dock, just a very "uncomfortable" atmosphere.

A couple we met back on the ship, had a frightening experience in a cab, with other locals jumping into the cab with them on the way to their destination - they jumped out!

Tobago was new so, possibly things have changed - does anyone have updates on Tobago?

Edited by SMerritt