El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I did a online booking through my long time cruise T.A..Ozxxxxg

But the people posting online re.

Extended delayed response to refund owing has me asking myself if it's a gamble.

I  like them because I don't get hit with credit card surcharge that the cruise lines charge

But if payment made by card would give you charge back in worst case scenarios.

Anyone thinking I'm over cautious?

Have 24 hours to pay

1 hour ago, challis said:

Extended delayed response to refund owing has me asking myself if it's a gamble.

I  like them because I don't get hit with credit card surcharge that the cruise lines charge

Have 24 hours to pay

Extended delayed response to refunds vs small credit card charge by cruise lines seems an easy decision to me.  I think you are being smart rethinking your booking, not over cautious.

Have 24 hours to pay

Please go ahead and make the payment.

That Canberra based agent may then have cash enough to fully refund me!

Have 24 hours to pay

If the cruise is at near the end of 2021 or in 2022, I say "Go for it!" It is likely cruising will re-start by then, but if it does not, the cruise line will refund your deposit. The only risk you have is that they might go broke before then. Maybe they could go into liquidation if cruising doesn't restart for a few years, but I think that scenario is unlikely.

sorry to hear the that bowmn54

the cruises i have in mind are from july 21 onwards,

i have allways been able to cruise at less than 3 months notice,which is when the 

last cabins,GTD status- are put up for sale,at last minute  prices-

i am so itching to get back onboard-But dont want the stress of having to double check my booking

on a weekly basis to ensure its still there.

the On line TAs are great,until you need help with bookings,then you seperate the good @ others

being 6 months plus out from Hopefull cruise-yes i will wait it out ..thanks for the feedback

see you all onboard soon...

• 9 months later...
12 hours ago, drsel said:

I read on another Aus thread that Australia will not open for foreign tourists till mid 2022.

If so, Carnival and Princess will have to cancel their cruises

I doubt the big ships will even arrive in this region before then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 7:23 AM, NSWP said:

I would have a crack at that one.

Princess just cancelled all Royal Princess Australia Cruises upto March 2022.

I asked my agent to shift mine to the identical replacement cruise that Princess offered in 2023, at the same price with the same OBC.

she has requested the shift, but she said it will take a long time.

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Princess just cancelled all Royal Princess Australia Cruises upto March 2022.

I asked my agent to shift mine to the identical replacement cruise that Princess offered in 2023, at the same price with the same OBC.

she has requested the shift, but she said it will take a long time.

My replacement cruises were emailed to me yesterday. I was allocated the same cabin/stateroom. This was 6 days after I selected Option 1. Quicker than the last cancellations! Princess is getting very good re-booking, especially after all the practice they have with multiple cancellations. 😁

On 9/29/2021 at 4:37 AM, By The Bay said:

My replacement cruises were emailed to me yesterday. I was allocated the same cabin/stateroom. This was 6 days after I selected Option 1. Quicker than the last cancellations! Princess is getting very good re-booking, especially after all the practice they have with multiple cancellations. 😁

My agent requested the shift 4 days back This is what my agent said --

''I submitted the form to Princess to move you to the 2023 sailing.  It could take several weeks before it is completed.  Once complete I will send you an updated invoice.  They will protect the cruise fare and discount and any on board credit you have but the taxes will change.  They do not protect them.  Any questions please let me know.''

Just now when I checked my Booking No. on princess.com, I got this message

Our records indicate that a request has already been submitted for this booking and additional requests cannot be accepted. If you wish to change your selection, please contact us at the appropriate office:

• 1-800-774-6237 (North America)
  • 0344 338 8663 (UK)
  • 13 24 88 (Australia)
  • 0800 780 717 (New Zealand)

Now I am waiting for Carnival to cancel Aus cruises in Feb-Mar 2022 & offer a similar replacement cruise with the same hugely discounted fare & AUD 900 OBC, since Aus borders are likely to remain closed till late 2022

Edited by drsel

4 hours ago, drsel said:

My agent requested the shift 4 days back This is what my agent said --

''I submitted the form to Princess to move you to the 2023 sailing.  It could take several weeks before it is completed.  Once complete I will send you an updated invoice.  They will protect the cruise fare and discount and any on board credit you have but the taxes will change.  They do not protect them.  Any questions please let me know.''

I gave up using TA's when I was given the run around and not a full refund. I now deal direct with the cruise lines.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Now I am waiting for Carnival to cancel Aus cruises in Feb-Mar 2022 & offer a similar replacement cruise with the same hugely discounted fare & AUD 900 OBC, since Aus borders are likely to remain closed till late 2022

Seems our borders may be opening soon for international visitors but likely too late for 21/22 cruise season.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/next-steps-reopen-world