Royal Caribbean Bypasses Labadee Due to Local Protests

LauraS

Situation not looking good,as President Michel Martelly of Haiti is refusing to leave office on Feb. 7, when term is up. He was installed by voter fraud perpetrated by U. S. in 2010. Martelly's right hand man, Guy Philippe, a senate candidate is calingl for an uprising if Martelly is forced out. Phillips is a wanted fugitive by Miami DEA for import of cocaine.

Good lord, what a mess.

Any changes to your itinerary since you lost a day.

Completely changed from the planned western Caribbean, except for the stop at Labadee.

We are repeating the EXACT SAME PORTS WE JUST DID THIS WEEK.

St Kitts, St Thomas, St Martin, San Juan, Labadee.

just came back from a b2b on NoS first week in labadee second week the captain had to make the decision to cancel. I was at guest relations querying a small mistake on my account, whilst waiting the amount of people complaining and demanding compensation or that we go to another port (ports are booked well in advance) on one occasion I couldn't hold my tongue and said 'would you rather we took the chance and got shot: I was speaking to a senior officer who explained about the FoS the previous day, he went onto mention the abuse that waiters in the windjammer were getting and had to call security. SHAMEFULL. The captain had to make sure the safety of all passengers, it was a difficult decision. no one loves Labadee more than me but I want to assured safety on my cruise in this often dangerous world

Completely changed from the planned western Caribbean, except for the stop at Labadee.

We are repeating the EXACT SAME PORTS WE JUST DID THIS WEEK.

St Kitts, St Thomas, St Martin, San Juan, Labadee.

Nice ports, but what a bummer to do them 2X.

I agree, the buffet is nothing to rave about--cold burgers, chicken, etc.. We usually go back to the ship for a nice quiet lunch.

I take it you are not referring to the buffet for barefoot beach guests? The last time I was there it was steak (and chicken as I recall). Everything was really good. Hope the problem with Labadee has been resolved. I don't see how ANY of the islands' economies can survive without the cruise industry. Most, I suspect, depend on it for a pretty high percentage of their income.

Edited by three4rd

I take it you are not referring to the buffet for barefoot beach guests? The last time I was there it was steak (and chicken as I recall). Everything was really good. Hope the problem with Labadee has been resolved. I don't see how ANY of the islands' economies can survive without the cruise industry. Most, I suspect, depend on it for a pretty high percentage of their income.

No, I was talking about the barbecue/buffet for steerage paxs. LOL

It was 9 bucks and change per person.

A little closer to the $12 that was mentioned that RCI gives Haiti pp for the port call at Labadee. Why do I get this feeling that RCI is taking from the Labadee refund to make up for loses on taxes at other ports? Having a fixed fee at Labadee and somewhat variable ones at commercial ports makes sense.

Edited by Biker19

Anyone have info if the IOS and VOS docked there today? It's only once a month there are two of the same ships scheduled in Labadee. Looks like Cruise Tracker is not current today. That's about an additional 1400 pax more then when a Oasis class docks. It was some what hectic at the BBQ and getting a seat on the trams when we docked together.

Anyone have info if the IOS and VOS docked there today? It's only once a month there are two of the same ships scheduled in Labadee. Looks like Cruise Tracker is not current today. That's about an additional 1400 pax more then when a Oasis class docks. It was some what hectic at the BBQ and getting a seat on the trams when we docked together.

Someone on Indy checked in at Labadee on Facebook today. Didn't see anything VOS.

I read that the Nellies cabanas get assigned by the Concierge when two ships are in Labadee. Is that accurate