Has anyone tried the luggage airport valet service?

Georgia_Peaches

Hi all,

My husband and I are set to sail on April 2nd on the Reflection and I was just checking out some reviews. Amazing what you can learn from reading about other's experiences. Anyhow, I just read a post where the review indicated that they took Celebrity up on the luggage valet service which included getting the luggage to the airport and clearing customs and printing boarding passes. The reviewer let go of his bags by 11 pm the night before debarkation and didn't see them again until the next day when they arrived at their final destination at the airport. Has anyone else tried this service? Were the results satisfactory? For $20 a bag, I'm contemplating it for the convenience factor but I'm worried about what could go wrong. Thoughts, please...

Thank you all.

Christina

Just did it when we sailed in Eclipse (disembarked on March 20th). This service has been available for a while but only to to domestic flights; being from Nova Scotia in Canada we could never take advantage. But they have updated their offerings and can now accept international flights. My opinion? BEST $20 EVER!

We haven't use it yest ( Sputhwest did not participate previously and we drove to the port this trip) but so many people on our recent Equinox cruise raved about it. Will certainly use this I the future.

Hi all,

For $20 a bag, I'm contemplating it for the convenience factor but I'm worried about what could go wrong. Thoughts, please...

Thank you all.

Christina

The price is $20 per person, not per bag, and it is the best $20-$40 you will ever spend. We have used it twice out of FLL. One point not often mentioned is that if you use the service, the standard baggage over-weight fees are waived (but not fees for access number of bags).

We have used this service many times and it was always perfect. Just make sure that your airline participates in the program and your flights leave after stated times.

We submitted our paperwork about three days into the cruise. Our boarding passes were delivered the day before departure. We put out our bags the night before and strolled right through customs with no luggage and picked up our bags at our home airport.

Best $20 ever spent.

I've used this when it was available to me, and I agree with the others that it was the best $20 I have ever spent. It's particularly helpful for me because I am flying home alone and handling my luggage through immigration/customs can be very difficult. Have a great trip.

Carolyn

We only use it when we have a late flight and want to some some sightseeing before going to the airport. On one occasion the actual provider missed that I had elite/premier status with United and charged me the checked bag fees. It was aggravating at the time and it took a few days and phone calls to get it straightened out but eventually the company refunded our money for their mistake...

I agree the best $20 ever spent. We used it out of Fort Lauderdale the last 4 years. For Fort Lauderdale, your flight has to be after 11:30 am. Boarding passes are delivered the night before debarkation, no luggage to take thru customs and no lines to check luggage at the airport. You can go right thru security. Luggage has always been at our home airport on arrival. It is a great service. This year, however, we did not get the forms to our stateroom. We had to ask for them at Guest Relations. They will also ask for a copy of your flight itinerary.

Hi all,

My husband and I are set to sail on April 2nd on the Reflection and I was just checking out some reviews. Amazing what you can learn from reading about other's experiences. Anyhow, I just read a post where the review indicated that they took Celebrity up on the luggage valet service which included getting the luggage to the airport and clearing customs and printing boarding passes. The reviewer let go of his bags by 11 pm the night before debarkation and didn't see them again until the next day when they arrived at their final destination at the airport. Has anyone else tried this service? Were the results satisfactory? For $20 a bag, I'm contemplating it for the convenience factor but I'm worried about what could go wrong. Thoughts, please...

Thank you all.

Christina

We have done it 3x and it's the best $20 spent.

Agree with everybody else. Superb service and you have peace of mind as well as no hassle trying to pull, push and load heavy bags onto trolleys. We used it last year with a flight from FLL to Heathrow via Newark - brilliant. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Thank you all.

Christina

I've done this and as the reported it worked well and was worth it. $20 covers all bags. If you have time to explore your disembarkation city -- no bags to drag around and this service is so convenient.

Absolutely the best money we spent. We were able to use part of our OBC so it really worked out great. We were on Silly out of FLL and disembarkation took us 1 hour. We waited in line to get off the ship, we waited in line to get into the building, we waited in line to get to the baggage claim area. Other passengers had to locate their luggage...we just walked to the next line that formed to clear immigration/customs. Everyone else had to drag their luggage through that line...we had our hands free. Once finished, we got a taxi to the airport. It was so nice not to have to drag all the luggage! Got to the airport...we already had our boarding passes so we did not have to get in line for airport check in. Then we got to TSA and had priority status so we did not have to wait in line for that. We arrived at our destination and claimed our luggage.

Yes, it is well worth the cost!

Go to Guest Relations and pick up the program form. If your flight qualifies, complete the form and give it to Guest Relations.

Edited by JMG

We love it...we're using it today! We walked off the Equinox about 8:20 and were sitting in the United Club by 9:00. Unfortunately we still have an hour and a half until our flight!

If I recall, the service was available for flights out of FLL after 11:30 and out of Miami after 1:00. The cost is $20/person plus any applicable baggage fees.

Hi all,

Thank you all.

Christina

We used this service upon return from our Jan Caribbean cruise. Worked fine except the bags made it on an earlier flight than the one we were on. When we got to Ft. Lauderdale, there was an employee guarding our two bags plus one other. Obviously our bags went around the belt until all other bags were picked up and passengers left. At least they had someone guarding them. Had they just continued to go around probably would have been grabbed by someone.

I agree it is a great surface and worth the $20. On the Ecliose in January they waived the fee if you were in a suite. I do not know if this is a permanent change, but I do know they have to get a certain number of people or they will not do it.

The form stated correctly that you still need to pay any airline fees if applicable, but not overweight charges. Also you do have to wait until they clear all of the bags (within the group) before you can disembark. We were trying to be one of the first ones off the ship just to beat the crowds and they sent us back when they scanned our cards and told us we had to wait. They made an announcement after about 15 minutes. I do not know if this is standard procedure or something unique about that morning. I suspect that they had to screen the bags at customs before we could leave just in case they had to talk to anyone.

Bottom line is it is a great service IMO.

We have used the $20 per person fee for luggage valet whenever it has been offered, on all the cruise lines we have used---It is always a pain in the neck weighing our luggage for the flight coming home-- Using this service, all we had to do was pack our bags, without the time consuming back and forth to make sure that our bags aren't more than the 50 pounds each. I had my portable baggage scale with me, so just for the heck of it I weighed them anyway. One bag was 55 pounds and the other 61 pounds. (I put stuff that would have gone in carry-on that I really didn't need for flight return)

We were not charged by airline (Jet Blue) for the overweight bags. That alone is a great feature of the luggage valet service from end of cruise. Wish this was offered at more ports!

Agree it is a wonderful service. Am wondering with all the added security how it can continue. I understand bags with luggage valet get a different and more through inspection as they have been out of the owners control, but still wonder . . . .

We used it once before -- usually we just pack in carry on luggage or sail out of our home port. We loved it .... and as far as I could tell, the fee was waived. Not sure why.

We set it up for only one of us as we only had one bag to go through. Was wondering if they charge for both if you are under the same confirmation number? We will only have one bag to check and so can just send it through to the airport under one person. Since I won't count on lightning striking twice, can we just sign up for this service for one person and save a little bit?

We used it after alighting from the Solstice in Seattle. I was a little anxious about ever seeing our bags again, but everything worked fine. Will definitely use the service whenever/wherever it's provided.

Bon voyage

Betsy