American cruise passengers missing from Falmouth on Tuesday, April 26 (Oasis?)

I saw this thread growing and couldn't help but take a peek at what was going on.

This woman seems like someone who is intensely dissatisfied with her life, and is desperately trying to deceive herself into believing that life is good if you artificially force yourself to think positively, love yourself unconditionally, and harm not even a mosquito (which, by the way, carry viruses that can kill you). Going on this cruise was a rude awakening for her. She had thoughts of escaping away to the exotic and beautiful tropics a la Fantasy Island, but instead put herself on a ship with the masses. The cruise line can't be everything to everyone, and when she realized this her reaction was to bail out rather than to try and make the best of the money spent. Blaming the food selection and anecdotes of crew life was a cop out. The rest can be chalked up to poor planning/decision making and a bit of paranoia, but the fact that she was in a suite on the ship and then later at a posh Jamaican resort tells me she has led a charmed life. So much drama.

I saw this thread growing and couldn't help but take a peek at what was going on.

This woman seems like someone who is intensely dissatisfied with her life, and is desperately trying to deceive herself into believing that life is good if you artificially force yourself to think positively, love yourself unconditionally, and harm not even a mosquito (which, by the way, carry viruses that can kill you). Going on this cruise was a rude awakening for her. She had thoughts of escaping away to the exotic and beautiful tropics a la Fantasy Island, but instead put herself on a ship with the masses. The cruise line can't be everything to everyone, and when she realized this her reaction was to bail out rather than to try and make the best of the money spent. Blaming the food selection and anecdotes of crew life was a cop out. The rest can be chalked up to poor planning/decision making and a bit of paranoia, but the fact that she was in a suite on the ship and then later at a posh Jamaican resort tells me she has led a charmed life. So much drama.

I agree. Her comments indicate that she was so appalled by the situation of the crew on the cruise ship. Yet she traveled from Falmouth to Montego Bay to Negril and on to Kingston without a single comment about the poverty that is easily seen throughout Jamaica. :confused: She must have had her eyes closed the entire trip. Or maybe she was looking for another mosquito to save. :rolleyes:

Caffeine and and tobacco are from plant materials, so I would consider them vegan

She's vegan, but caffeine and cigars are okay? (Don't correct me - I am enjoying the illogical part of this one. Kinda like there's no fresh fruit on the cruise ship.)

After reading this thread I spotted a possible loophole no one has ever exploited...

Person from Jamaica (or any other country Royal visits) flys to U.S. books a cheapo interior (less than price of airline ticket) on RC cruise that stops in Jamaica. Sets up a cash account. Runs up the bill, gets off at Jamaica and doesnt get back on.

If there is a limit on cash account then, set up credit card and cancel it when you get off on Jamaica

First couple paragraphs, I thought she made some interesting points. I'm privileged to be in a position where I can travel pretty frequently, and I have nagging guilt about the crews who work under conditions that wouldn't be allowed in the U.S.

But then there were so many *more* paragraphs. I have no sympathy for someone who wants to make bold, dramatic moves in life but doesn't have a current passport.

Honestly, I think the whole manifesto was invented to cover for the fact that they are dorks who wandered off with a stranger and missed the ship.

They were very lucky. Two male missionaries were brutally killed in a remote part of Jamaica yesterday, Sunday May 1st.

I heard that on the news today, and this thread was the first thing I thought of. The second was the saying about God looking out for fools and drunkards.

More stupidity.

"I am unlawfully here and if they find me, there is an extremely good chance that I will be taken to jail, tried and deported back to the U.S. in handcuffs."

Unless things are different in Jamaica, I don't think she would be tried. Deported, yes, but isn't that exactly what she wanted, to get back to the US? In handcuffs is also doubtful since there would be no reason to have her cuffed getting back in the US.

Now, I could tell you a story about my sister ending up in prison for espionage in Turkey and it is a 100% true story.

Does that mean that you ARE buying 10% :eek::eek::eek:

LMBO, was trying to be nice :cool: They were on The Oasis at one time, or was it two times :confused:

I'm still laughing about her need to call her "friend" Mr X when their cruise ship pictures clearly shows both their names.

###

her blog post from jsut before the cruise is all kinds of drama and poor me stuff as well---this girl needs something, maybe help, not endless money and easy outs for when she fails to act like an adult. Geez she is nutty.

One can hope the boyfriend got a major wake up call and has run for the hills (maybe he is "Mr X" after telling her not to use him in her little internet manipulation games?)

The nicest thing one could possibly say to the whole situation is that MAYBE, she just wanted a grand adventure to write about and support her whole concocted view of herself as some guru, and was so incredibly naive as to think she could make it happen without going through any basic channles (like immigration and having passports) and too spoiled to even see how silly it is to feel like she is connecting with herself or local people or nature while staying in ritzy resorts and without apparently unlimted credit card funds.

She really seems to need a lot of mental health help---true, long term, help---it is sad in a way.

Edited by NHDisneylover

If she was so concerned about the crew, why didn't she give them some free life coaching? :rolleyes:

Too much "fruit" cake in her diet. Wonder if they left grats for those unfortunate overworked crew members.

she is nuts and her story does not make any sense, if you are coming up with fiction do it well, why is she "wanted" but her boyfriend is not, who in their right mind would let strangers drive their car in a foreign country, she is a nut job who needs attention, actually she needs help.

she is nuts and her story does not make any sense, if you are coming up with fiction do it well, why is she "wanted" but her boyfriend is not, who in their right mind would let strangers drive their car in a foreign country, she is a nut job who needs attention, actually she needs help.

The so-called friend who let them drive his car was most likely a local opportunist who spotted naïve tourists with money to burn. She said that they paid him "to leave" after they got to a hotel.

The situation in Jamaica is still very difficult. This couple is lucky that nothing bad happened to them on their little adventure. When I was last in Jamaica many years ago on a land-based vacation, one of our travelling companions was held up at gunpoint by the hired staff, who were supposed to be taking care of us. Last year Anthony Bourdain visited Jamaica and essentially transmitted the message that the locals are worse off for all of the tourism dollars coming into (and not leaving) the private resorts. I don't doubt that Falmouth is crawling with opportunists. One of the crew told us he got off the ship to pick up a few essentials and was practically assaulted by the locals for money until he told them he was "crew."

^ That's a good point. My husband's boss is Jamaican, and another coworker decided to take spur of the moment vacation to Jamaica and then called the boss after he arrived to ask what hotel to go to. And the boss freaked out about how unsafe the guy was and called up a relative to pick him up at the airport and to keep an eye on him all weekend.

It could be that their "friend," the driver who doesn't drive, just made them feel like the government was out to get them and that he'd protect them--for a fee, of course--and meanwhile these idiots didn't realize it's a certain segment of the locals who they really needed to be wary of, such as their "friend" who was grifting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Totally off topic, but I just got 4 free epi pens for my daughter using a manufacturer's coupon. Super easy to get the coupon. Just ask the dr or google it. Even the pharmacist can locate one for you.

Where did you find the code for the epi pens. So expensive and much needed.

Thanks

her blog post from jsut before the cruise is all kinds of drama and poor me stuff as well---this girl needs something, maybe help, not endless money and easy outs for when she fails to act like an adult. Geez she is nutty.

The nicest thing one could possibly say to the whole situation is that MAYBE, she just wanted a grand adventure to write about and support her whole concocted view of herself as some guru, and was so incredibly naive as to think she could make it happen without going through any basic channles (like immigration and having passports) and too spoiled to even see how silly it is to feel like she is connecting with herself or local people or nature while staying in ritzy resorts and without apparently unlimted credit card funds.

She really seems to need a lot of mental health help---true, long term, help---it is sad in a way.

Grand adventure??? She was sailing on one of the largest cruise ships in the world, and in a suite. She was going to many exotic ports where there are different cultural experiences. The crew and the passengers are from all over the world. Sounds pretty grand to me.

She sounds like she would have enjoyed spending major money in the spa, but if she couldn't find fruit, she probably wouldn't be able to find that either.

Too much "fruit" cake in her diet. Wonder if they left grats for those unfortunate overworked crew members.

If the grats were paid in advance, and they were only on the ship for a few days, I hope the crew got grats for the whole week.