Full price for a 9 month baby!!!

Kids/Toddlers, I could see that, but 9 months old... I doubt that.

dp

Um....at 9 months there are dirty diapers, messy bed sheets, cribs to set up/take down, special food prep, room host unable to access room during nap time(s)........for starters

Um....at 9 months there are dirty diapers, messy bed sheets, cribs to set up/take down, special food prep, room host unable to access room during nap time(s)........for starters

I wouldn't have taken a baby that small on a cruise. We waited until my youngest was almost 2, walking, etc... Still diapers which was no big deal, but I couldn't imagine enjoying the cruise with a 9 month old. Everyone is different, however, and maybe they don't mind paying for some nursery time so they can do shows and adult stuff as well. There are certainly options. Once my youngest was 2, we went on Carnival which allows 2 year olds in with the same 2 - 5 group so my kids were together, at camp, and they change diapers too. Worked out beautifully.

It's ridiculous that they should charge the same fare. What exactly are they providing for a babe in arms to justify that amount? :o

The $370 Dre headphones to each passenger in the cabins on that deck to drown the babe's wails and screams in the middle of the night.:D;)

So to put it bluntly after all these comments me and my wife to be will be on a cruise!! As it's our honeymoon we will be going on a celebrity cruise in September and we will be taking our pride and joy, our little girl. Yes I have paid for her and if people don't like it tough!!!!!! My little princess will see the world diffenrtly and maybe next year we might take her somewhere different. But for this year if you don't like it come and chat to me!! Enjoy cruisers I will👍

Welcome to the world of cruising! BTW Celebrity is the sister company to RCI and the same rules apply - kids regardless the age have to pay the third person price. If you check out various dates you will see that for some cruises the third passenger rate is much lower than for others. The price is computer generated and depending on demand. So if there´s a high demand for triple or quad cabins the third/fourth person prices skyrocket. I have seen price where the third/fourth person price was even higher than the first/second person. Here in Germany RCI sometimes has offers with special kids prices but those are only valid up to 11 y. Other cruise companies have "kids sail free" with two paying adults (like MSC and Costa). But there you will find lots of kids especially during the school holidays.

Enjoy your honeymoon and your cruise!

steamboats

So to put it bluntly after all these comments me and my wife to be will be on a cruise!! As it's our honeymoon we will be going on a celebrity cruise in September and we will be taking our pride and joy, our little girl. Yes I have paid for her and if people don't like it tough!!!!!! My little princess will see the world diffenrtly and maybe next year we might take her somewhere different. But for this year if you don't like it come and chat to me!! Enjoy cruisers I will[emoji106]

Good for you two. Enjoy your honeymoon and disregard the negativity by some. We had our 4 1/2yr and 8 month old with us this past Spring on the Freedom and enjoyed it so much that we booked the Liberty for this October where he will be 14 1/2 months. The nursery is great and on Freedom class ships they have a baby play area as well as a small infant pool area. We used the nursery for 2-3 hrs on about 5 of the 8 nights and camp for our daughter so that we had some alone time for whatever we wanted. Did we have to adapt our usual cruise activities yes. But did we all enjoy ourselves, ABSOLUTELY. Have a great trip. We all deserve a nice break.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Waste disposal. She still uses towels and sheets. And most importantly, she takes up a lifeboat slot.

I once watched a family let their barely upright child grind cracker crumbs into the floor, couch and smeared over the glass table top and then just blithely left a disaster behind for the staff to clean up.

$1400 is one hellova laundry and cleaning bill for a 9 month old. And a 9 month old would easily fit on a lap in a lifeboat emergency. No way could I justify paying that ridiculous fare.

$1400 is one hellova laundry and cleaning bill for a 9 month old. And a 9 month old would easily fit on a lap in a lifeboat emergency. No way could I justify paying that ridiculous fare.

Then don't.

• 2 months later...
Sure you have a problem paying, that's why you are posting. And, don't forget to tip for her also, full amount as adults

A lot of cruise lines might charge up to 1/2 fare for cruise if at all. I was looking into cruising RC, maybe I will rethink that as it sounds like a greedy company

Actually the child should be in the parent's arms when on a lifeboat.

That is your opinion. By law the child has to be included separately in the lifeboat capacity and ship's passengers capacity. If the ship capacity is 2501 passengers they have to count he child.

We just paid the fee for our son that will be 11 months old on his first sailing. I actually don't mind paying it because it limits the amount of small children / babies on the ship. Can you imagine how many crying infants would be on the ships if they were free?

Exactly! Thanks for pointing that out because it's true.

I sail solo, and pay full price for my invisible cabin mate who doesn't eat, use towels, take a space on a lifeboat, hog a pool chair, or make any kind of mess. If I want to cruise, and it's my choice to not share a cabin, it's a price I'm willing to pay.

I always thought the price for the 3rd or 4th person in a cabin is always much cheaper than the first 2 in a cabin, so how is that paying full price?

I sail solo, and pay full price for my invisible cabin mate who doesn't eat, use towels, take a space on a lifeboat, hog a pool chair, or make any kind of mess. If I want to cruise, and it's my choice to not share a cabin, it's a price I'm willing to pay.

I always thought the price for the 3rd or 4th person in a cabin is always much cheaper than the first 2 in a cabin, so how is that paying full price?

Actually lot of times, Summer, Xmas & some Spring Breaks 3rd and 4th passengers can be more then 1st & 2nd. Remember last time I wanted book my 2 kids in cabin was $999ea for first 2 & was $1299ea for 3-4 passengers, We ended up getting 2 cabins. But like you I almost always sail alone paying 200%...

Actually lot of times, Summer, Xmas & some Spring Breaks 3rd and 4th passengers can be more then 1st & 2nd. Remember last time I wanted book my 2 kids in cabin was $999ea for first 2 & was $1299ea for 3-4 passengers, We ended up getting 2 cabins. But like you I almost always sail alone paying 200%...

Does not make any sense at all that 3rd or 4th person would ever be charged more than the first 2. Why would anyone ever pay more to cram extra passengers into one room when 2 rooms would be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I wish fares for babies would be cheaper. It seems people have issues with someone asking a ligitimate question. Even I look at prices for me and DH and go Yikes! But I love kids and parents have as much right to have their children on a ship to vacation or on land. It is the same with hotels if you dont use the amenities you get charged the daily amount. But I hear you OP, what ever you decide enjoy your vacation.

Does not make any sense at all that 3rd or 4th person would ever be charged more than the first 2. Why would anyone ever pay more to cram extra passengers into one room when 2 rooms would be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because there are plenty of people who will just assume that it’s cheaper to squeeze in one cabin than to book two, and they don’t bother checking. Connecting cabins are also hard to find, and if your children are younger, you don’t want them sleeping in a completely separate cabin.