Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Oceangoer, after clicking apply credit did you then move the little bar underneath to say how much credit to apply? When I did that it showed my credit and then it charged my Visa for the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, I was going to stay out of this discussion because what more can be said about the Celebrity website? I would not normally interact with it because I like to keep my blood pressure down. But I have a cruise coming up on which I have a ton of nonrefundable OBC, so I thought I would look at the excursions. Lots of beautiful pictures, I'll give them that. But apparently you can only look at a few tours and then it throws you out and locks you out of your account. So much for that bright idea. Guess I won't be doing any Celebrity excursions.

You have a good reason to call Celebrity and say how much business they will loose, since people cannot book anything on line. And if it was me and they offer to book over the phone, I will decline - just to make the point, so they GET it. Just a thought....;)

What is the 20% discount? I am so afraid to change anything..with all that is going on with the collapsing website. We actually just signed up for a non ships tour to avoid it.

As the Celeb EDGE PR said..put the future behind you...means calling it in like the old days !

There is a 20% sale on 6 or more night dining packages on longer cruises. I don't know the details but it did apply to my cruise. I couldn't get the reservations changed online (no surprise, right?) so I called Captains Club and they fixed it for me. When I was talking to the rep she said they are getting lots of calls for help since people can't get anything accomplished online. We even made payment for balance of my cruise by phone because I couldn't get to it online.

This travesty of a website has got to be costing Celebrity a lot of money, both in missed opportunities with current bookings, and in people unwilling to book again in the future.

RCL hired a new CIO in Aug 2015. He is clearly in over his head (not that the previous CIO was any better). He has a BA in English and an MBA. No formal IT training. He previously held IT leadership positions with a fashion company, Godiva Chocolatier and The Estee Lauder Companies. None of these companies have complex, customer facing, e-commerce websites like Celebrity/RCL. I've found that CIOs who bounce from company to company have the interpersonal/political skills to get hired, but lack the technical knowledge to be successful.

From what I see in the new website, it's design fails to improve on the previous version (yes this is subjective) and the underlying technical/architectural problems have carried forward. I personally hate the trend of companies outsourcing their IT departments, but this is one case where the internal IT department is so ill-equipped for the job that outsourcing may be the only solution. I'm not holding my breath that anything will improve in the foreseeable future.

This travesty of a website has got to be costing Celebrity a lot of money, both in missed opportunities with current bookings, and in people unwilling to book again in the future.

I'm waiting to book an upcoming cruise on Celebrity, mainly because I just don't want the stress of dealing with the website. While I'm biding my time, I found an itinerary on another line that's appealing, so I am considering that instead.

There is a 20% sale on 6 or more night dining packages on longer cruises. I don't know the details but it did apply to my cruise. I couldn't get the reservations changed online (no surprise, right?) so I called Captains Club and they fixed it for me. When I was talking to the rep she said they are getting lots of calls for help since people can't get anything accomplished online. We even made payment for balance of my cruise by phone because I couldn't get to it online.

Thanks...we usually look for 15 per cent off once we board...usually works out...We dine in BLU so only do specialty once or twice and lunch if offered,

I guess the Israeli IT wizard they hired a few yrs back did not work out...same issues only worse....

What is going on? Up until Monday I was able to check certain cruises and prices, clicking on date, destination and port of departure..

One for 26 November says "no cabin available" no refinement or something like that.

Everything is different from what I've used for months. Is this the new website? How do I get back to the old one????

This website should be an absolute embarrassment. I am about ready to cancel all my future plans with X. They send an ad about a 72 hour sale....WHAT A JOKE. The email takes me to pages that don't load, then lock me out of my reservation for 20 minutes or better yet don't exist at all. I try to call and have been on hold for 35 minutes listening to an ad nauseam recording about modern luxury. If this is Modern Luxury give me the old fashioned kind!:mad::mad::eek: I have been trying for 2 days of the 3 day sale. Can't do anything on line and can't reach anyone. I'm not about to fight with anyone to take my money. There are plenty of places to spend my vacation $$.

What is going on? Up until Monday I was able to check certain cruises and prices, clicking on date, destination and port of departure..

One for 26 November says "no cabin available" no refinement or something like that.

Everything is different from what I've used for months. Is this the new website? How do I get back to the old one????

Hello BridgeMates, I have posted in two other topic areas about our Frustration with our November 26 cruise on the Eclipse not being available on the website.I have called now 8 times over the past month ( the introduction of the new website) and spoken to both a regular sales person Captains Club managers three times and even the IT department directly more than once. As the saying goes I'm spitting in the wind. The problem should not be this difficult to address and fix. Our issue is the 11-26 Eclipse cruise is the second part of a b2b and possibly a b2b2b. I want to be able to watch the pricing on this cruise and I may want to upgrade my room. The message, No Refinement Available is bull. We all know the cruise is not sold out. Seeing the pricing and what rooms are available should be a very easy IT fix. To be honest even though we have cruised many times with Celebrity and have experienced a lot of changes and cutbacks over the years this issue of not being able to watch the pricing is hitting a big nerve of mine. My favorite reasons given is I need to change my web browser to be able to get on the old site or I should feel free to call everyday to check on pricing. I don't think so !!!!Good Luck

luvstosail

Boston Ma

I finally finished reading through this thread. I've found if I right click on my browser (I use Chrome) and open an incognito window, then sign into the X website, everything works as advertised. When I close the window, because it was incognito, no cookies are saved. I've been able to enter several times today without any problems (so far). Don't know if that works all the time, but it's worked for me today. I've been using incognito for everything lately because I'm tired of targeted ads popping up on my news sites, etc. Google remembers my passwords, incognito or not.

This website should be an absolute embarrassment. I am about ready to cancel all my future plans with X. They send an ad about a 72 hour sale....WHAT A JOKE. The email takes me to pages that don't load, then lock me out of my reservation for 20 minutes or better yet don't exist at all. I try to call and have been on hold for 35 minutes listening to an ad nauseam recording about modern luxury. If this is Modern Luxury give me the old fashioned kind!:mad::mad::eek: I have been trying for 2 days of the 3 day sale. Can't do anything on line and can't reach anyone. I'm not about to fight with anyone to take my money. There are plenty of places to spend my vacation $$.

More disappointment is heading your way. It's very very select excursions that qualify for the discount. Our trip only had a couple in each city that were eligible. It's like saying Huge Sale on Voyages - as long as you don't mind staying in an inside cabin on deck 3.

Hello BridgeMates, I have posted in two other topic areas about our Frustration with our November 26 cruise on the Eclipse not being available on the website.I have called now 8 times over the past month ( the introduction of the new website) and spoken to both a regular sales person Captains Club managers three times and even the IT department directly more than once. As the saying goes I'm spitting in the wind. The problem should not be this difficult to address and fix. Our issue is the 11-26 Eclipse cruise is the second part of a b2b and possibly a b2b2b. I want to be able to watch the pricing on this cruise and I may want to upgrade my room. The message, No Refinement Available is bull. We all know the cruise is not sold out. Seeing the pricing and what rooms are available should be a very easy IT fix. To be honest even though we have cruised many times with Celebrity and have experienced a lot of changes and cutbacks over the years this issue of not being able to watch the pricing is hitting a big nerve of mine. My favorite reasons given is I need to change my web browser to be able to get on the old site or I should feel free to call everyday to check on pricing. I don't think so !!!!Good Luck

luvstosail

Boston Ma

Try this link to the old site .ive?at least been able to check cruise prices on it. Clear your cookies and cache first. http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I don't understand all the complaints, I have no problems with the new site. Logged on today selected the cruise I wanted access to, booked excursions and dining package, applied OBC. Paid for the balance with credit card and it all went as smooth as possible. I regularly clean cookies and cache use Chrome and never have a problem. Only problem I had was when I logged on late and they were doing maintenance at 1AM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I don't understand all the complaints, I have no problems with the new site. Logged on today selected the cruise I wanted access to, booked excursions and dining package, applied OBC. Paid for the balance with credit card and it all went as smooth as possible. I regularly clean cookies and cache use Chrome and never have a problem. Only problem I had was when I logged on late and they were doing maintenance at 1AM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You must buy only winning lottery tickets and lead a charmed life. I clean cookies and cache and use chrome and have nothing but frustration on the new site. I spoke directly with IT and walked through it with them and they had exactly the same experience. They were supposed to be working to correct it but it keeps getting worse. In fact they thanked me for pointing out the problems.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I checked some prices on my big box warehouse club's travel website yesterday and had no problems finding what I was looking for. Even perused a few shore excursions for some upcoming cruises.

You don't have to be a member to access it and see what's available, but you do have to be a member to do an actual booking.

This is crazy. I'm just trying to make a payment, and only get the option to pay the entire balance.

I had the same problem yesterday, and switched from Chrome to Explorer and it worked just fine. This morning, not so much.

Tried today to look at some cabin availability on my iPad.

Received an error message (including a grammatical error) and phone number to call should it persist

Dialed the number. Office closed. Recorded voice said that opening hours are 7 am to 2 am.

WHAT TIME ZONE?

Don't you think that might be useful information to include on the message?

Office finally opened. CSR said inability to use an iPad is a "known issue" with an "open ticket on it".

Grrrrrrrrrr....

It just gets worse and worse.

I TRIED to take advantage of 72 hour sale on some shore excursions and dining packages. I TRIED to do it online, but site kept freezing or not loading when I went to excursions. I deleted cookies and cache on 4 different browsers, same results. After each time I TRIED, of course I was locked out for 20 minutes for "my protection!" Thanks X for "protecting me" from saving money. I TRIED to call Captains Club. Each time I TRIED, I was on hold for upwards of 15 minutes listening to the recording about modern luxury before giving up. This morning I called again. Again, I was on hold for an estimated wait of 4 minutes that turned out to be 12. I reached a very lovely rep who TRIED to help. She sent me a link to the excursions for my sailing. I TRIED to open it on 4 different browsers after again deleting cookies and cache on each and each time I TRIED, I reached a page that no longer exists or a page that says they are working on it. The rep then TRIED to interface me with IT. They didn't pick up but instead gave her a bunch of things to TRY on my computer. None worked. :mad::eek::mad: ##*%^)*&)*&&%^*$!!!

I TRIED to take advantage of 72 hour sale on some shore excursions and dining packages. I TRIED to do it online, but site kept freezing or not loading when I went to excursions. I deleted cookies and cache on 4 different browsers, same results. After each time I TRIED, of course I was locked out for 20 minutes for "my protection!" Thanks X for "protecting me" from saving money. I TRIED to call Captains Club. Each time I TRIED, I was on hold for upwards of 15 minutes listening to the recording about modern luxury before giving up. This morning I called again. Again, I was on hold for an estimated wait of 4 minutes that turned out to be 12. I reached a very lovely rep who TRIED to help. She sent me a link to the excursions for my sailing. I TRIED to open it on 4 different browsers after again deleting cookies and cache on each and each time I TRIED, I reached a page that no longer exists or a page that says they are working on it. The rep then TRIED to interface me with IT. They didn't pick up but instead gave her a bunch of things to TRY on my computer. None worked. :mad::eek::mad: ##*%^)*&)*&&%^*$!!!

I sure hope the higher ups are reading this! This is beyond ridiculous....MODERN LUXURY, yeah right!! I

I received an email from Celebrity a few days ago after making full payment with link to page for us to check in to our Alaska cruise next month. Link takes you to a page that says it no longer exists. So I just logged on to our account at Celeb. website and for the life of me can't find where we check in to this cruise! Guess I'll call them. We have 2 more cruises booked on Solstice for this Fall. Hope they fix it. I was able, however, to reserve and pay for a specialty dinner.

Here's an update. After 3 phone calls today and 4 emails I finally succeeded in buying some shore excursions with the help of a very patient and kind and persistent Captains Club rep who was able to completely circumvent the travesty they call a website. If anyone's interested, I can now recite the Modern Luxury recording verbatim.;p