Taking water for medical reasons

Actually, over the last few yeas I have found that if I don't bring bottled water my feet and ankles swell like balloons. When I drink only bottled water, no swelling. I used to think it was the salt in the air. Princess, thank goodness, sells 24 bottle packages at a very reasonable price. I hope RCCL starts doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You do know there is PLENTY of water on the ship. Same stuff as in the bottles....H2O....water! You can get it ANYWHERE on the ship, including your cabin!

Also for those worried about pipe contamination if you ask at the buffet they will bring you a jug of fresh cold water from the galley,the same stuff they pour you in the dinning room,freshly desalinated on board.

Of course you know this but many still believe bottled water has some magical properties.;p

Actually, over the last few yeas I have found that if I don't bring bottled water my feet and ankles swell like balloons. When I drink only bottled water, no swelling. I used to think it was the salt in the air. Princess, thank goodness, sells 24 bottle packages at a very reasonable price. I hope RCCL starts doing that.

What did your GP say about this?

I have permission to bring water with me on Navigator of the Seas next week. What would be the best size to bring? I need to drink at least 3-4 8 ounces glasses a day. Thinking litter bottles may be easier to bring.

Not sure why you would want to bother bringing on board. Tap water on board is perfectly safe to drink and readily available. Any bar/food service location will give you a glass of iced water. Water is served at dining locations. Not sure if you are purchasing a drink package but if you are you may find bottled water included.

I would say most people drink 3-4 glasses of water daily - actually probably more - so I don't see it as anything special.

Not sure why you would want to bother bringing on board. Tap water on board is perfectly safe to drink and readily available. Any bar/food service location will give you a glass of iced water.... I would say most people drink 3-4 glasses of water daily - actually probably more - so I don't see it as anything special.

Absolutely agreed. However, I would not drink the water from the bathroom tap - just my preference. I would bring a few empty bottles to fill and take into port, though. Easy to carry the 500 ml. bottles around. :)

Absolutely agreed. However, I would not drink the water from the bathroom tap - just my preference. I would bring a few empty bottles to fill and take into port, though. Easy to carry the 500 ml. bottles around. :)

I bring a couple of 24 oz shaker bottles. I fill them in the WJ or the freestyle machines. (No I don't put my bottles up to any dispensers. I dump from the glasses in the WJ, and pour from my Coke cup into my shaker bottles.) This way I always have at least one bottle in my cabin fridge, and one bottle with me. It's much easier and move convenient than bringing a case of water on board. (I used to do this, but found I no longer need to.)

I hear there’s only saltwater onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha! You are joking right? I sure hope so. :')

Only if you plan to drink from the pool. Where do people get this stuff?

I was wondering that myself.

What's different about the bathroom tap?

Because it's from the bathroom. :')

I don't mind getting water from my bathroom because I know how I clean it. When the cabins are cleaned I highly doubt that they clean the faucet very well and they have used the same rags in all the other cabins they clean. I take an old toothbrush with me. I will clean off the outlet where the water comes out of the faucet. Usually there is black gunk on it. You can't see it if you don't bend down to look. It looks like black moldy stuff. Nasty.

Might not be the cheapest option but you can buy a water package where bottles of Evian are delivered to the room. Can't remember details but you can order it ahead of time via the cruise planner. Personally, I believe it is worth it for the convenience.

Water on the ship is fine to drink but I prefer bottled water.

What did your GP say about this?

He says away from salt, elevate your feet, drink plenty of water.

My Internist knows nothing about cruises and desalination plants.

I have to drink a lot of water, more than I want to. It helps slow down kidney stones.

The difference when I stick to bottled water on cruises is remarkable but on the other hand, maybe coincidence.

I hear there’s only saltwater onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the salt water is OUTSIDE the ship. :D

And it is not salt water in the toilet. Salt water is in the swimming pools however.