Royal Caribbean vs Celebrity

mcrcruiser

We have sailed Celebrity way more than royal Caribbean ;however because of Xs higher & higher pricing ,we have found a new home sailing on Royal Caribbean ships as Diamond level

We can get Royal Caribbean cruise for far less cost per day for similar itineraries .Also ,we are finding a lot of exciting & new activities on Royal's newer ships

This is not saying that Celebrity delivers a good product . We do feel that it was better in the past though . Just that our pocket book finds a better value with Royal's larger ships :)

We have sailed Celebrity way more than royal Caribbean ;however because of Xs higher & higher pricing ,we have found a new home sailing on Royal Caribbean ships as Diamond level

We can get Royal Caribbean cruise for far less cost per day for similar itineraries .Also ,we are finding a lot of exciting & new activities on Royal's newer ships

This is not saying that Celebrity delivers a good product . We do feel that it was better in the past though . Just that our pocket book finds a better value with Royal's larger ships :)

We cruise royal when we take the kids. When it is just the wife and I, we like Celebrity and the nice features that make the cruise fare more expensive (which also deters other passengers from bringing their kids).

I typically find X to be less expensive for a comparable cruise PLUS I can get the extra X perks included in the lower fare. Seems to me RC is always offering some type of "50% off of 2nd Person" type promos that are still always more than X. Or maybe is just we use a travel agent that gets better X deals.

"We have been on over 40 Celebrity cruises from the days of the Mercury & Century ,then the M & S class ships . clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Unfortunately we no longer see value with the higher cruise prices that X is charging .Thus ,we moved to equal itinerairies & lengths of cruises to RCCL & HAL with large savings clear.png?emoji-grin-1677"

This was what you posted a few months ago. Why repeat the message, you said you were leaving, so that's that.

The O.P. posts frequently about X not home porting a ship in San Diego says they won't fly due to preference, but yet is prepared to fly to Florida from CA. for a RCCL cruise. They have also had some struggles with H.A.L. but yet grace them with their custom.

It's difficult to place too much credibility in the O.P.'s posts and I have to admit I'm no Celebrity Cheerleader.

Here's hoping the O.P. can find a cruise line that provides everything they want, home ports ships on his doorstep, provides itinerates and pricing the meet his expectations, and enjoys whatever cruise line that might be.

Didn't you already announce that you would be leaving Celebrity? What is the point of reiterating this?

The OP posts this or a similar thread every few months. The last one was less than a month ago. I'm not sure what the point is. Everyone on the Celebrity board is aware of the prices.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2552051

We bounce between RCCL and X. Having been on 35 cruises total, 8 of which are on X we find both products to be unique. RCCL for activities and entertainment, X for something more upscale and relaxing. More and more we find ourselves booking Celebrity. I consider myself self a very loyal RCCL cruiser (diamond plus on my way to Pennicle), but enjoy the celebrity experience (soon to be elite plus). Sometimes we change and find that a product we once loved doesn't work for us anymore. That doesn't make it a bad product, just not the product for me anymore. It seems to me that RCCL is slowly becoming a product that is not for me. Not quite there yet, but perhaps soon I will be bouncing between X and Azamara. We grown, and change. As long as we are lucky enough to cruise as often as we do, we consider ourselves fortunate. Its all good.

I too wish that Celebrity had cruises going out of San Diego (or at least more often - maybe there are some I do not know about)......but I too don't see the reason for this post if the OP has already posted this same info???

While I've sailed many RCCL cruises - and I do like the thought of some of their cooler things to do on the newer ships - I have no desire to cruise with 5000 other people. It seems like all the new RCCL ships have this number of passengers. I prefer a "smaller" ship of 3000 - lol.

Perception is always ones truth . Rather that we get into a back & forth about Celebrity vs Royal ,just let it be said that at some point pricing for any cruise does matter unless every one is a multi millionaire & even they concern over what they spend .

I never would say that Celebrity does not offer a good product . What is concerning though is the fast increase in their pricing structure & perhaps that is why they offer bare bones pricing in their weekly PDF prices to move out remaining cabins that just don't sell at their higher prices .

We got to elite + with Celebrity ,thus ,you all know that we sailed with them often . Perhaps when we take our next cruise to the southern Caribbean in 2019 ,we will check out Celebrity last minute PDF prices to take a cruise while in Florida .The bottom line for us is perceived value

We sincerely wish you all very happy cruising on Celebrity ships :)

It's like playing "Whack a Mole" with this OP

Maybe we should call it...Whack-a troll or whack a whiner but God bless him...he's got a place to vent.

I like both lines and do more RCCL as prices and ports are easier but given a choice I'd switch that up in half a heartbeat. I prefer the demographics of Celebrity's passengers much more as they are usually far better educated and sophisticated...usually being the qualifier.

Kids on Celebrity are definitely fewer but...far better behaved than those on RC...usually.

Perception is always ones truth . Rather that we get into a back & forth about Celebrity vs Royal ,just let it be said that at some point pricing for any cruise does matter unless every one is a multi millionaire & even they concern over what they spend . :)

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, you should also heed your first sentence. You see, if you had posted your perceptions on Celebrity’s pricing and moved on to RCL, there would have been some weight and credence given your post. But by reposting essentially the same thing every few weeks, others appear to be getting the perception that you simply are a crank and give your posts no weight whatsoever. I’m not sure that was the original intent of your message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SetU2

Prices on RCL have gone up equally as fast as Celebrity. To do the direct price comparison you need to subtract the price of the included perks on Celebrity and compare bare bones. If you do this there are some Celebrity ships (M-class like Summit in the caribbean for example) which price out very well compared to RCL ships in the caribbean.

Prices on RCL have gone up equally as fast as Celebrity. To do the direct price comparison you need to subtract the price of the included perks on Celebrity and compare bare bones. If you do this there are some Celebrity ships (M-class like Summit in the caribbean for example) which price out very well compared to RCL ships in the caribbean.

Those included perks you pay for in your cruise fares .They are not free . when you do compare cruise prices you have to accept the fares as posted even through a travel agent .you can not take away the perks to arrive at a different price point . Those perks make Xs prices much higher

The only place that we ever seen Celebrity prices with out perks are Trans Atlantic cruises & their PDF weekly prices for any posted cabin level

We don't need the Celebrity perks(we get enough perks as elite +) so if we were to nook a future Celebrity cruise we would go to their PDF weekly prices & pay for the entire cruise because those are after the final payment dates .Thus ,when booking a cruise from the PDF price guide a person must be sure that they in fact will take that cruise ;because it is Not Refundable

Celebrity started these perk add ons & now Princess & Holland have followed with their adding perks to their prices . Results are the higher prices .

It seems to us that the cruise industry found a way to increase their top & bottom lines richly . We don't know a single person that can drink enough booze on a cruise ship to make those booze packages worth what the cruise line charges as a included perk

One day cruise lines will make every thing a chargeable item as they go down their glory trail of adding special restaurants & those perks .What's next to make it all added pricing ??

Those included perks you pay for in your cruise fares .They are not free . when you do compare cruise prices you have to accept the fares as posted even through a travel agent .you can not take away the perks to arrive at a different price point . Those perks make Xs prices much higher

The only place that we ever seen Celebrity prices with out perks are Trans Atlantic cruises & their PDF weekly prices for any posted cabin level

We don't need the Celebrity perks(we get enough perks as elite +) so if we were to nook a future Celebrity cruise we would go to their PDF weekly prices & pay for the entire cruise because those are after the final payment dates .Thus ,when booking a cruise from the PDF price guide a person must be sure that they in fact will take that cruise ;because it is Not Refundable

Celebrity started these perk add ons & now Princess & Holland have followed with their adding perks to their prices . Results are the higher prices .

It seems to us that the cruise industry found a way to increase their top & bottom lines richly . We don't know a single person that can drink enough booze on a cruise ship to make those booze packages worth what the cruise line charges as a included perk

One day cruise lines will make every thing a chargeable item as they go down their glory trail of adding special restaurants & those perks .What's next to make it all added pricing ??

The website is a little fickle but you can typically get a no-perk price. If one perk is automatically included, it is built in to the initial fare you’d see. The resident and senior rates for example override the promotional offers if you choose those.

We only sail the Caribbean but over the past 2-3 years, with perks taken to account, we’ve always found Celebrity to be the better value over Royal especially if you’re considering a bev package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If there is a Senior or Resident fare listed, it IS lower and does not include the perks.

If memory serves us correctly ,in all the years we sailed Celebrity cruise ships ,we don't recall seeing either a senior rate or a resident rate .Since we live on the West Coast ,even if a resident rate was issued by Celebrity ,it would most likely apply to Florida residents

From what we have seen currently ,the best price we could get would be the PDF weekly price chart . Thus we would need to be in Florida for another cruise & or vacation to take advantage of those PDF special prices , In March /April 2019, we will be in Florida for one month which includes a 9 night cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship ;which did have very attractive prices for a ocean view balcony :cool::D

We like many seniors budget our large expenditures & if we can get a good price on a Celebrity cruise we are on it .:D

My wife's cousins live in Florida & they cruise frequently . They get cruise deals that we can only wish for here on the West coast

"We have been on over 40 Celebrity cruises from the days of the Mercury & Century ,then the M & S class ships . clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Unfortunately we no longer see value with the higher cruise prices that X is charging .Thus ,we moved to equal itinerairies & lengths of cruises to RCCL & HAL with large savings clear.png?emoji-grin-1677"

This was what you posted a few months ago. Why repeat the message, you said you were leaving, so that's that.

We have done 10 Celebrity cruises and next year have two cruises with Royal C (out of Sydney) that were far cheaper than X. Big problem was the price bundling with promos by X. We love X, but will go with Royal being Diamond by transfer.

We have done 25 Celebrity cruises and recently 4 RCCL Cruises. The food and services just do not compare in our opinion. As a matter of fact after our 2nd RCCL cruise in 2015 on Liberty of the Seas I didn't even want to go back. But our friends were sailing on Anthem in March 2016, so we went along. The food and service was better than Liberty but still not up to Celebrity's standards. We will only book RCCL if we get a really good deal and also because we get Diamond perks. Without the reciprocity I doubt we would sail RCCL at all.