Taking food, fruit, beer, water off cruise ship into ports. Any problem with this?

voljeep

in any of the Caribbean ports? as in do any of the ports check for those items if/when you have to go

thru 'Their' security going in. can't remember which port, but they had a couple of drug sniffing dogs you had to be checked by...

I have been stopped by ship security trying to bring a to go cup from the IC area off the ship. But prepackaged water bottles and even our princess water bottle that we filled up at the buffet was allowed through. I have read plenty of people on cc state that the dogs are there and may or may not be there when you get off...it is up to you if want to risk being caught..i would not. Some have said they just make you toss it out or bring it back on ship...although who knows when/if they just decide to start making a lesson out of someone and do something worse.....:eek:

Only prepackaged food like small boxes of cereal or crackers are allowed. No premade sandwiches/fruit/etc. At one port there were dogs sniffing bags. It was fun watching the people panic and start opening their bags and tossing fruit and sandwiches into the garbage barrels. I hope someone came by and picked the barrels up to feed their pigs the throw aways. People do not listen no matter how many times security tells people not to take food off the ship. Princess sells bottles of water to be taken off the ship.

I arrived in Hawaii one time on an international trip returning to the US. I was in the line waiting for my bag to then go through customs when a agricultural officer and dog came by sniffing bags. The dog stopped at a young lady's day pack setting on the ground. Turns out she had taken a lunch with her a few days before on an outing but did not have any food in it at the time. She had to empty the bag showing the agent that there was no food. So even though you may not have any food at the time the scent may still be there causing the dog to point you out.

Each port has different rules and laws. If you want to take something into a particular port it is best to investigate the specific port/Country laws.

But Princess will stop you before you leave the ship, unless you smuggle it. But then you take the chances with the port you are at.

They didn't even allow coffee off the ship.

in any of the Caribbean ports? as in do any of the ports check for those items if/when you have to go

thru 'Their' security going in. can't remember which port, but they had a couple of drug sniffing dogs you had to be checked by...

We've been to all the Caribbean ports throughout the years & the two places that make announcements about food is in St Thomas and Mexico.

Mexico also checks each passenger but St Thomas does not. The only food dogs we've encountered were on Mexico.

The patter will post any place where food is not allowed as well as include an announcement about it prior to leaving the ship.

Those cute friendly "sniffer dogs" have great noses. ;)

Another "no no" is wearing anything camoflague ... no matter the color of the camoflague... off the ship in ports of call.

Camouflage banned? Never heard of that one before. I suppose if it is very good camouflage they won't even notice you leaving the ship.

• Haha 1

Another "no no" is wearing anything camoflague ... no matter the color of the camoflague... off the ship in ports of call.

This one frequently surprises cruisers. There was a thread about the ban on various islands on the Ask a Cruise Question board this summer: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2522013

Actually it's only Barbados that doesn't let people wear camouflage clothing.

Not true as noted in the article (http://www.nonrevtravelnews.com/2017...the-caribbean/) in the thread below.

This one frequently surprises cruisers. There was a thread about the ban on various islands on the Ask a Cruise Question board this summer: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2522013

Several counties in the Caribbean including Barbados, Jamaica, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia and St. Vincent ban the wearing of camouflage by non-members of their military.

Unless you want to be fined or jailed leave the camo shirts, shorts, wallets, purses and hats a home!!

The wearing of any form of camo clothing and bags is illegal in St. Lucia except for military personnel.

It is illegal to wear any camo in Barbados including clothing or any item containing camouflage material.

Grenada has a zero tolerance policy regarding the wearing of any camouflage clothing in public and are warning visitors as well as locals to avoid doing so.

In St. Vincent and the Grenadines it is illegal to wear any form of camouflage clothing.

The Parliament in Jamaica has passed a law banning all camouflage clothing except for uniforms worn by the police. They don’t want civilians mistake for police officers.

So if you are going to the Caribbean, you are wise to leave the camo at home.