What???....Momma Mia cost $79

Actually that's OK with me if they are charging for front row seats....it keeps the "seat savers" (close relation to chair hogs) from doing their thing up there. ;) RCI may as well make money

on saved seats. :o

All that means is that they will save the seats behind the paid for seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed on the Allure last year, no charge to see Momma Mia, although we walked out at intermission with other folks.

Now we are planning our November Allure cruise and the cost for adults and children is $79 to see that show.

Looks like this could be the start of charging for all entertainment

When you clicked on the description didn't it list what you got for your $79?

This is happening on other ships too, on Ovation the show in 270 was free but there was a 'VIP' experience of a prime seat to reserve for $29, not sure if there was an 18% too or if it included a drink. The same as selling space on the Rising tide bar on O class when there is a special event.

The best seats for any Musical show are those just in front of the Sound Desk, as that is where the Sound is at its best. ( Don’t tell anyone, or those seats will be filled quickly )

Or they will charge for those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The best seats for any Musical show are those just in front of the Sound Desk, as that is where the Sound is at its best. ( Don’t tell anyone, or those seats will be filled quickly )
Suite seats are right behind it on Oasis ships. Elevated as well is nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I watched a few minutes of Cats when we cruised Oasis. I had seen it in D.C. previously. From my perspective, it is not a vacation worthy experience. You could find a seat in any row you wanted; you could have your own row!

We saw Grease on Harmony. I've never really liked the musical, stage or screen. Just not much to it, and I only like two of the songs. Left with a "so what" feeling.

Mama Mia on Allure; I had my doubts going in. It was fabulous; excellent performers. Every time we saw a cast member during the cruise, there were always people stopping to compliment them. I went to see Act II on another night. It was so good, it would tip my decision to Allure (plus other reasons) if we cruise Oasis class again.

My wife and I went to see a Broadway play years ago. The only seats available were row 2. Not only did we have to look up, we were blasted by the orchestra and every once in a while you would feel droplets of sweat from the actors hit you. Front row isn't good at a Hockey game either unless you like to be up close and center to the blood smears on the plexiglass. I wouldn't pay extra to see any ships high school productions. Psychologically, people will think the experience is better because they paid extra for it. The cruise lines depend on people thinking this way so they can sell all the extra services.

Got anything more recent? Lots of people have been to things Years Ago

My wife and I went to see a Broadway play years ago. The only seats available were row 2. Not only did we have to look up, we were blasted by the orchestra and every once in a while you would feel droplets of sweat from the actors hit you. Front row isn't good at a Hockey game either unless you like to be up close and center to the blood smears on the plexiglass. I wouldn't pay extra to see any ships high school productions. Psychologically, people will think the experience is better because they paid extra for it. The cruise lines depend on people thinking this way so they can sell all the extra services.

We went to see Mamma Mia on Broadway some years ago and the only seats available were in the 1st row center right. We were apprehensive as it was a gift for my granddaughter who was 5 at that time. She simply loved it and got a big kick to see the orchestra members play the various instruments and move around in the pit. Great experience.

She saw it on Allure this past August and was able to stay awake with the 9:30 PM performance--she is presently 11.

We heard from some others that they did not care for the musical and saw somewhere else on the boards that some other couples left after intermission. Can anyone share details what might make it undesirable?? Subject matter, volumn too loud?????

I had no desire to see this show so I skipped it on our first Allure cruise. On another Allure cruise, hubby wanted to go so I tagged along. I also left at intermission and he stayed. We had seen the movie and had sat through the play in Chicago so that was enough for me. I just don't care for the music. Basically, it boils down to taste and some of us just don't care for it.

I had no desire to see this show so I skipped it on our first Allure cruise. On another Allure cruise, hubby wanted to go so I tagged along. I also left at intermission and he stayed. We had seen the movie and had sat through the play in Chicago so that was enough for me. I just don't care for the music. Basically, it boils down to taste and some of us just don't care for it.
We booked Allure for Laura's birthday since she loves ABBA. Didn't care for it.

My whole family really loved Mama Mia earlier this year. Thought the performers were very good (better than what we saw locally for book of mormon or lion king). My 2 teenage boys really liked it, and did not want to leave at intermission (we told them to stay until intermission, and then they were free to go if they wanted).

We would not pay the price for the vip package, as it is kind of ridiculous to get a meet and greet with cruise ship performers (even if they are really good).

We heard from some others that they did not care for the musical and saw somewhere else on the boards that some other couples left after intermission. Can anyone share details what might make it undesirable?? Subject matter, volumn too loud?????

To each his own, but we loved it and saw it twice on Allure this past May! Hope you enjoy it also!

Been around since late last year.

They even do this with CATS.

On our February Oasis cruise our group of eight sat in the front row for the afternoon performance of Cats. No extra charge.

P.S. All eight of us (3 adults and 5 kids) loved it and stayed till the end.

With the caveat that we haven't seen Mamma Mia on a ship, only in the theatre and on film, it's a complete feel good, upbeat, fun musical, that had just about everyone dancing out of the theatre when we saw it. But if you don't like ABBA, then perhaps it's not for you.

As for paying $79 to sit in the front row -- yikes, as others have said, they are not the most desirable seats for a musical. My personal preference is to be at least five rows back so I can take in the entire stage (and also see the performers' feet). Cruise lines seem to have a never-ending bunch of schemes to separate guests from their money, but this one is an easy pass.