Mega upgrade

62whiterock

10 hours ago, 62whiterock said:

we booked a balcony guarantee on our up coming  30 day cruise to South America we were first given a bb category . Today we recieved a upgrade to mb category mini suite on dolphin . 

Don't know whether you've sailed in a mini before, but I think you'll love the extra room. With a long cruise and a lot of sea days, the space really helps.

Jim

I am sorry that you got this upgrade -- you will now have to pay extra for every future cruise, because once you experience the extra space in the cabin and the bathroom, you will never be happy with the balcony cabin again!  Since the first time we did the mini, my wife refuses to sail in anything but a mini!

43 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I am sorry that you got this upgrade -- you will now have to pay extra for every future cruise, because once you experience the extra space in the cabin and the bathroom, you will never be happy with the balcony cabin again!  Since the first time we did the mini, my wife refuses to sail in anything but a mini!

So true, so very, very true.  We've been upgraded to Haven on NCL and I am putting my foot down on sailing with them again to save the daughters college fund :classic_laugh:  Back to plain old Balcony ( I need the fresh air) on the Majestic later.  Will certainly feel like a downgrade.

Congratulations on your good fortune!  Princess seems to be more generous than HAL in offering no cost upgrades.  I have had some reasonably priced upsells on HAL, but never a no cost one.  I did receive a no cost upgrade from a low deck veranda cabin on Royal Princess to a mini-suite on Riviera Deck on my New Year's cruise up-coming.

8 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

We went from a suite in December (after a great upsell on my birthday cruise) to a regular balcony cabin in February to an inside cabin in September. It's possible to go back even if you'll miss some of the experience of the higher categories of cabins.

Oooohhhhh…...I wish Princess would offer us an upgrade to a mini suite from our 'premium balcony' for next May.  We have 9 ports in 12 days with excursions and I could sure use that bath tub to soak in.  We just got off the Crown Princess on Caribe deck and while we loved the spacious balcony, I had to jaunt up to the hot tubs to soothe aching muscles. A bath tub would have been so nice.

On 11/29/2018 at 7:14 AM, voljeep said:

We would have had to turn it down as we don't do the shower/tub combo anymore...

guess we may never see club class dining either...oh, well

but, OP, congrats on the upgrade and not an upsell

Too bad, as the mini suite is nice.  I guess you will need to hold out for a full suite .

You can have CC dining and a separate shower and tub.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:41 PM, Mike45LC said:

So true!

On 11/29/2018 at 2:20 PM, 62whiterock said:

we booked a balcony guarantee on our up coming  30 day cruise to South America we were first given a bb category . Today we recieved a upgrade to mb category mini suite on dolphin . 

Great result, pity I never seem to get that sort of result.

Edited by GUT2407