Confused about lunch at Cagney's

Shippy

If you are on a ship without a Haven restaurant, there will be a specialty restaurant open for breakfast and lunch for suite and Haven guests. I hear it varies by ship, sometimes Cagney’s, others Moderno or Le Bistro. There is not a charge. I don’t have the menu, but it should be the same or similar to what you’d find at the Haven restaurant, so if you look for those menus, you’d get a good idea. 

Edited by FLcruisergrl

Just to clarify, since folks are talking about different things in their responses above: 

1) If you are on a ship WITHOUT a Haven Restaurant, then Cagney's will be open for suite guests (only) each day for lunch (including embarkation day.)   Suite breakfast will be served in Moderno's.

2) If you are on a ship WITH  a Haven Restaurant, then there is no "suite" lunch at Cagney's on any day.  Your embarkation day lunch choices would be the Haven Restaurant or Margaritaville (no charge - on ships that have one.)  On sea days, there are themed buffet lunches in Cagney's/Modernos open to the general ship population.

Hope that helps!

Edited by pcakes122
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Seafan22 said:

On sea days, Cagney's and Moderno's have a themed buffet at lunch time.  The theme is a different nationality - Mexican, Asian, etc.

depends on the ship. i noticed this is mostly on the smaller class ships

Hi Shippy! 

Are you referring to the STAR?  We are on the roll call for next week. Someone posA few months posted the menu, but I can’t pull it up.  It was about the same as our previous cruise.  

I can rember some of it, hopefully.   Aybe mire posters have more information.  

appetizers 

Shrimp cocktail

main

hamburger

turkey burger

steak

club sandwich

fish and chips

pasta dish 

desserts

brownie

ice cream

carrot cake? 

breakfast  is VERY nice! 

This might be the nicest perk in my option. 

24 minutes ago, shof515 said:

depends on the ship. i noticed this is mostly on the smaller class ships

Incorrect.

On small ships, the restaurants are used, exclusively, as the private dining rooms for Suite guests every day. Breakfast and Lunch. Non-suites guests are not welcome. 

On the -away class ships, the restaurants are sometimes (not always) used as dining overflow with a themed lunch buffet. 

We were on the Dawn 1/27-2/7, which does not have a Haven. Lunch on embarkation day for suite guests was at Moderno/Cagney's. No charge for the food. We had the UBP and never ordered coffee for breakfast since we had already pre-caffeinated with the nespresso machine in our suite.

We ended up sitting on the Cagney's side the first day. Both breakfast and lunch seating for the rest of the cruise was also in Moderno, with overflow in Cagney's. The breakfast buffet included fruit, cereal, bagels + lox, pastries and other continental breakfast-type items.

If you are on the Dawn or another Haven-less ship, here are photos of the lunch and breakfast menus from our sailing.

IMG_0560.thumb.JPG.3d96348f12815552f778dc0be8b39343.JPGIMG_0433.thumb.JPG.a20e8df4b75ad048b71ebcd9943a65ef.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Thank you so much for all the info....

We will be on the Star. Guess our embarkation lunch will be at Cagneys if I understood the replies correct.

Suite guests have breakfast and lunch available in Cagney’s every day of the cruise. You’re on your own for dinner. 

Breakfast similar to (note these are the cold side dishes which accompany the hot menu including filet steak, eggs (any style), etc). 

31F771AE-AFAB-499C-A1FE-B96A6A6EF89C.jpeg

7CFF8EC3-411D-43C3-94F2-B44522D10204.jpeg

3AD7FCCA-6B50-4DA9-8A4A-269D336871F3.jpeg

89FD7FDC-FAAE-4B15-822E-7D29A14C886D.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

25 minutes ago, papa B me said:

We embark on the Pride of America on Saturday in the DOS.  I've read conflicting information on this question.  Can you order room service from Cagneys for breakfast through the Butler?

I'm not sure where you are seeing conflicting info on this for POA.  I posted several months back that POA was the one exception that they don't allow breakfast or lunch from Cagney's.

It will be in one of the letters in your room that talks about Cagney's hours.

5 minutes ago, dexddd said:

I'm not sure where you are seeing conflicting info on this for POA.  I posted several months back that POA was the one exception that they don't allow breakfast or lunch from Cagney's.

It will be in one of the letters in your room that talks about Cagney's hours.

Thank you.  I did read your post.  The confusion is that I read a review yesterday of someone about a year ago in the DOS that said they ordered breakfast daily from Cagneys through the butler. Thus my confusion.

Just now, papa B me said:

Thank you.  I did read your post.  The confusion is that I read a review yesterday of someone about a year ago in the DOS that said they ordered breakfast daily from Cagneys through the butler. Thus my confusion.

That makes sense and certainly possible they got an exception.  The best way to go about it is ask the butler when they do the suite intro.  Be honest and tell them you understand it isn't a normal thing but you read about the poster who got it.

IIRC it is an anniversary trip - have a great time and safe travels.

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

That makes sense and certainly possible they got an exception.  The best way to go about it is ask the butler when they do the suite intro.  Be honest and tell them you understand it isn't a normal thing but you read about the poster who got it.

IIRC it is an anniversary trip - have a great time and safe travels.

Thanks again for your help.  We leave tomorrow morning for Honolulu.  The 26th will be our 36th anniversary so thought it would be nice to start the day in a special way with breakfast on the balcony.  But if Cagney's isn't available don't think it's that big a deal.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, milolii said:

Hi Shippy! 

Are you referring to the STAR?  We are on the roll call for next week. Someone posA few months posted the menu, but I can’t pull it up.  It was about the same as our previous cruise.  

I can rember some of it, hopefully.   Aybe mire posters have more information.  

appetizers 

Shrimp cocktail

main

hamburger

turkey burger

steak

club sandwich

fish and chips

pasta dish 

desserts

brownie

ice cream

carrot cake? 

breakfast  is VERY nice! 

This might be the nicest perk in my option. 

Here is the Star Carney’s lunch menu and food p0rn from embarkation day December 2018.

1FC97509-F9EB-42F8-85C4-DEB52B9F7665.jpeg

69583130-8386-4894-B1FA-213D02B2A987.jpeg

12127DCB-2A81-478D-98D1-6BC5B45E47FD.jpeg

AD06ADB8-32CB-4490-92AB-5F17098537C5.jpeg

9DAA95AE-2081-4381-B93C-7B1743FDEAAF.jpeg

5B1DA1B5-F92E-4AB5-997A-797176744A17.jpeg

29531775-9645-4BD3-9AAE-72B9BCD98C21.jpeg

2 hours ago, JuneauWhatIMean said:

Does anyone know the hours for breakfast and lunch in Cagney's/Moderno for non-Haven full suite passengers?

UNexact hours - could vary by ship and port days

Breakfast 6-9:30

Lunch 11-1:30

Arriving early is best for buffet selection and seating by any windows for viewing and getting the galley/kitchen fired

up for the hot entrée meals.

If you arrive late the buffet pickins will be slim to none - near closing time the buffet is not replenished.

It is time to leave the restaurant when the crew starts changing the table cloths and prepping for the next meal service.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2019 at 4:17 PM, BirdTravels said:

Incorrect.

On small ships, the restaurants are used, exclusively, as the private dining rooms for Suite guests every day. Breakfast and Lunch. Non-suites guests are not welcome. 

On the -away class ships, the restaurants are sometimes (not always) used as dining overflow with a themed lunch buffet. 

thanks, I was about to mention this as well. I guess some people do not realize the smaller ships do not offer lunch at any of the specialty dining rooms for the standard cruiser.