Haunted cabin

16 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I am interested in learning how many people reached for their phones or cameras in these stories to try to take a picture of these intruders? 

Hearing footsteps outside an unfamiliar cabin? Why a ghost and not a person or even an animal? Inside the house?--we found out the mysterious noises we heard were squirrels, and snakes  actually. A camping trip had a bear shuffling past our tent before we fell asleep--had we awakened to it, we might have thought it was a person. "Shore warn't no ghost," as Grandpa used to say.

Anyway, like zombie stories, people want to believe them, so have fun. Like Tolkien's tales, they are certainly entertaining so please continue! This message from the world of physical reality is now over!

I am a very light sleeper and am wide awake when there is any kind of sound near me. 

I heard the footsteps in the cabin in Maine long before I had a cell phone. I did wake my husband up, but as soon as I spoke, the footsteps stopped. 

Those footsteps approached, step by step. They just never arrived. 

Because they stopped when I woke him up, my husband didn’t believe I really heard anything. 

After he got tired of my waking him up, he moved to the other bedroom. 

That’s when he heard them and got up to look and then check to be sure the doors were locked. 

Squirrels, tree branches, bears walking outside, none of them sound like heavy footsteps walking through a building and getting closer. 

We would both swear in a court of law that what we heard was footsteps by something wearing shoes. 

There is no doubt in my mind that there are things that can’t be explained away. 

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

I am interested in learning how many people reached for their phones or cameras in these stories to try to take a picture of these intruders? 

And how many people have awakened a cabin-mate who then saw the same thing?

A common element to these stories is that the person allegedly seeing the entity has been sleeping. Upon being "awakened", the person does not ever move, or call for help, or scream, or take a picture, or do anything at all. Totally different from what they would do if these events occurred while sitting awake--an uninvited intruder walking around any cabin would likely result in bloody murder screaming to get out.

Every story has a reason for the lack of movement. Someone doesn't want to disturb their spouse or roommate--really? You think the roommate will be less disturbed to find out you silently allowed an intruder to watch them sleep? Would you do that at home while awake--allow a trespasser to enter a room and watch people sleep without a peep of objection?

Rationalizing the inaction in these stories is the mind's way of reconciling realistic seeming experiences with the fact that the body produces a chemical hampering much muscle movement while sleeping or dreaming. (Sleepwalking is an aberration.) Face it, you can dream that you have awoken, and that is why you later awaken after thinking you passively let these "spirits" do what they please. And also why the stories somehow are almost always limited to just the teller being there.

Hearing footsteps outside an unfamiliar cabin? Why a ghost and not a person or even an animal? Inside the house?--we found out the mysterious noises we heard were squirrels, and snakes  actually. A camping trip had a bear shuffling past our tent before we fell asleep--had we awakened to it, we might have thought it was a person. "Shore warn't no ghost," as Grandpa used to say.

Anyway, like zombie stories, people want to believe them, so have fun. Like Tolkien's tales, they are certainly entertaining so please continue! This message from the world of physical reality is now over!

I know for me when I saw the spirit and then opened my eyes, I thought I must by dreaming as I was not fully awake. And I went back to sleep right away. It was only when my cabin mates told me then sensed and hear footsteps that I realized it was not a dream. In the moment, I didn’t feel fear or in danger. The next few nights when I heard the footsteps, I didn’t want to see the image again because now I had fear. Not fear that this spirit would do something to me, but I didn’t want to see it again. Everyone will have different experiences and feelings. But when you think it’s a dream and not an actual person, you would probably react differently and tell yourself it’s your imagination like I did. 

On 8/10/2019 at 1:06 AM, nalrudaini said:

I'm on Harmony, and hearing someone walking in the room.  I was reading posts here when I heard.

So, I now have the flash light on my mobile turned on 😧

Sometimes whatever goes outside your cabin can feel like is going on inside. The problem is when you see something that is not supposed to be inside your cabin.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, nalrudaini said:

And this is exactly the kind of topic I needed to read 3 days before a cruise 😅

Yeah, I have three weeks. Now I'll have to buy a night light . . . 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by goncruzn

I believe in spirits and ghosts. I've had several personal experiences but only one on a cruise ship.

I was doing a tour of the Disney Wonder a few years ago when she was in port in Vancouver, BC. I was on the tour with a whole group of other TAs. We were all standing in the dining room, the one that changes from black and white to color, listening to our guide speak when I felt someone gently push me in my lower back. I stepped forward and turned, expecting to see someone pass behind me but there was no one there... And no one close enough to me to have pushed me. It was a very weird experience. I actually went home and googled to see if there had been deaths on the Wonder. 

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

🤣

A medium told Pauline the spirits of close family are often around you so a lot of these stories might be their own friends/family who appear.

Earlier in this thread I reported how when we were in a GS on Brilliance with Pauline's mam in 2009 Pauline's dad who died in 2008  was near Ruth on the bunk bed and Pauline woke up and saw her dad moving across the cabin to the bathroom.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:12 AM, skyking said:

On a side note I did go to the wrong cabin once, same cabin number on the opposite side of the ship, I was pretty intoxicated, but my key OPENED the door, I walked in and all the lights were off, and someone was in the bed.   I got the heck out of there fast, and went to my cabin. 

I reported to guest services that this happened, and that my key did open the door, they didn't seem to care at all.   This was on the Navigator by the way years ago. 

After reading the thread and discussing with my DH this is post that bothered him. It is so easy to be turned around looking for your cabin and he could see this happening and more frequently then is probably reported. He is now searching Amazon looking for security device for cabin door. 

On 8/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, kidless said:

After reading the thread and discussing with my DH this is post that bothered him. It is so easy to be turned around looking for your cabin and he could see this happening and more frequently then is probably reported. He is now searching Amazon looking for security device for cabin door. 

I bet you are right.  First time cruiser - so there is no way to secure the door to your cabin? If not, that is scary.  Can you update if you find anything on Amazon?  You can send in a message if you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 3:51 PM, nalrudaini said:

It went very will (aside from the encounter). I was talking with my wife this morning about it. Apparently she had 2 encounters of her own on the cruise.

I was supposed to cruise on the Symphony of The Seas this past weekend, but had to cancel it due to a hurricane. But still have the Navigator of The Seas scheduled for next weekend God willing. 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:12 AM, LoveTheSoul said:

I bet you are right.  First time cruiser - so there is no way to secure the door to your cabin? If not, that is scary.  Can you update if you find anything on Amazon?  You can send in a message if you prefer.

There is a dead bolt lock on all the cabin doors on all the ships we have sailed that even the cabin steward cannot open if it is locked. When we are in our cabin, especially at night, we always lock the dead bolt.

We had a very scary night at an overseas Hilton hotel when a drunk & belligerent security guard let himself into our room with his passkey card. The hotel’s management denied the incident ever happened, even though we immediately reported it as soon as he decided to leave. We always deadbolt since.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I just got off the Oasis of the Seas and logged on to see if anyone experienced what I did in cabin 8139.  This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise (13th overall....wow, just noticed 13 😬) and it would definitely be a memorable one.

So I was sound asleep one morning around 8 (had a late night) when I hear a soft, sweet woman's voice say, "time to get up, time to sign your papers".  I open my eye's slightly, then I hear the same voice say again, "time to get up, time to sign your papers".  I see a shadow appear to bend down as if it was looking at me, but for some reason I couldn't move.  It was like I was paralyzed.  Fearing that someone was in my room, I struggled to break free of my paralyzes, and once I did I raised up on my side, then turned to look towards the foot of my bed and there she was........a woman, dressed in a captains outfit moving her arms and shoulder's up and down as if she were dancing.  I yell out YO!  Thinking some weird woman was in my room dancing and she needed to get the hell out, but she kept dancing.  So I yell YO!!! once again but I realized mid YO that this was a FREAKING GHOST!!!  I immediately grabbed my phone to shine a light on the figure but when I did she was gone.  I then turned the lights on in the cabin not believing what I saw, completely shook.  After about 30 minutes to an hour, I unbelievably went back to sleep.  I guess I talked myself into believing she was friendly and no harm would come to me if I went back to sleep.

I told my cabin steward about it and asked if anyone else had experienced anything in this room and unfortunately, he just arrived on this ship the cruise before mine, but my story freaked him out so much that he was afraid to go in the room to clean it.lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruizin4sho said:

Ok, I just got off the Oasis of the Seas and logged on to see if anyone experienced what I did in cabin 8139.  This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise (13th overall....wow, just noticed 13 😬) and it would definitely be a memorable one.

So I was sound asleep one morning around 8 (had a late night) when I hear a soft, sweet woman's voice say, "time to get up, time to sign your papers".  I open my eye's slightly, then I hear the same voice say again, "time to get up, time to sign your papers".  I see a shadow appear to bend down as if it was looking at me, but for some reason I couldn't move.  It was like I was paralyzed.  Fearing that someone was in my room, I struggled to break free of my paralyzes, and once I did I raised up on my side, then turned to look towards the foot of my bed and there she was........a woman, dressed in a captains outfit moving her arms and shoulder's up and down as if she were dancing.  I yell out YO!  Thinking some weird woman was in my room dancing and she needed to get the hell out, but she kept dancing.  So I yell YO!!! once again but I realized mid YO that this was a FREAKING GHOST!!!  I immediately grabbed my phone to shine a light on the figure but when I did she was gone.  I then turned the lights on in the cabin not believing what I saw, completely shook.  After about 30 minutes to an hour, I unbelievably went back to sleep.  I guess I talked myself into believing she was friendly and no harm would come to me if I went back to sleep.

I told my cabin steward about it and asked if anyone else had experienced anything in this room and unfortunately, he just arrived on this ship the cruise before mine, but my story freaked him out so much that he was afraid to go in the room to clean it.lol

3 hours ago, cruizin4sho said:

I was on Oasis too before my experience on Allure but no ghost sighting there! You should have got up to dance with her. 

You didn’t have your cabin cleaned for the rest of the cruise?! Your steward would have been fine with the door open and lights on. 

Edited by Lovecruisingandmusic

9 hours ago, cruizin4sho said:

Well, did you sign the papers or not?